Combat Logs

Comments

• I think it's 37-ish% + 14% impale tick and you have to factor in the inability to hold breath, making someone vulnerable to kai chokes for the 2-3 seconds it takes to writhe off the spear. (Not to mention a dragon or monk walking in to BBT/bite and the ability to hold someone still for snipes).

The only offset I can see is the 7 second balance throw time and corpse requirement but I don't think that really a legit factor given how easily corpses come by, even your own allies(though no tree rezz).

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • By "repeated endlessly" I mean that the moment you writhe off, you can be hit again, and since the ability fails if you're already impaled, it can easily be spammed for near-seamless impaled.

Here's an idea:  Make soulspears drop on death, so there's at least some downside to walking around with 25 of them.
  • I think if a target is soulspeared and gets hit with another spear, that's crossing the streams and everyone within 3 rooms explodes in a shower of gore.
  • Mizik said:
    Well, ya can't just sit stationary and ignore alchemists while they stack ya.  That much is clear.
  • Stationarily looping Clot Magician.
  • Isn't that kind of what people say about Occultists too?
  • Mizik said:
    Stationarily looping Clot Magician.
    You can't loop magician forever, because eventually you'll run out.  Yes, I'm being sarcastic.  Yes, I'm referencing someone's argument to my Soulspear comment.
  • Yes he would eventually run out
  • edited August 2014
    This post was really late. Hadn't browsed the thread in a while. So, editted out.

• @Santar Well, first of all it wasn't really intentional - I got distracted by something.  Also, the attacks weren't legal.  Not bitching about that, just saying that I didn't expect a random 5v1 gank without provocation and sitting inside my city, because I shouldn't have to.  Lastly, and most obviously, not sure what you think a shield tattoo is going to to against a soulspear gank, other than slow it down by approximately 0.5 seconds.
  • Mizik said:
    Stationarily looping Clot Magician = death
    Fify

Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made. 

• edited August 2014
    Ernam said:
    @Santar Well, first of all it wasn't really intentional - I got distracted by something.  Also, the attacks weren't legal.  Not bitching about that, just saying that I didn't expect a random 5v1 gank without provocation and sitting inside my city, because I shouldn't have to.  Lastly, and most obviously, not sure what you think a shield tattoo is going to to against a soulspear gank, other than slow it down by approximately 0.5 seconds.
    since when is attacking a soldier in their city illegal? Did I miss a ruling? 

• Pretty much always. 

Fortunately, you're covered under the Mhaldorian Immunity clause that prevents any Mhaldorian from suffering any type of PK issue.

• Oh ok. Guess I'm getting issued every time I try or succeed a sanction? O.o

• edited August 2014
    They could issue you if they wanted to. But like the second half of my post states, you're covered under Mhaldorian Immunity clause.

• On a more serious note, why not make it so you have to kill the person yourself in order to make a soulspear from them?
  • edited August 2014
    I find it somewhat disheartening that it's socially acceptable for people to suggest that being a city soldier essentially makes you free PK, but it's social suicide to issue someone for literally ignoring the PVP rules of the game.

Also note: Not sure why issues got brought up, I was just saying that I didn't expect an attack from anyone at the time, because at the time, no attacks on my character would be legal.  Seems fair.
  • Ernam said:
    I find it somewhat disheartening that it's socially acceptable for people to suggest that being a city soldier essentially makes you free PK, but it's social suicide to issue someone for literally ignoring the PVP rules of the game.

Also note: Not sure why 
    City soldier IN Your city..... Not free pk in general anywhere. And go ahead and issue me, pls do.

• edited August 2014
    It's not legal to randomly PK city soldiers in their cities, dude. I don't know why you would possibly think that's the case. It's just not.

• What? How would you ever go about getting a sanction then legally? If that's the case every time you kill a soldier in the city you can get issued? That doesn't make any logical sense at all.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited August 2014
    You can kill people that are actively resisting you while you're raiding a city. You can't gank random soldiers. Basically, if nobody wants to fight you, then no, you can't get a sanction legally. You can only fight the people that willfully fight you, or are open PK/etc.

• edited August 2014

As I said, how would you go about sanctioning a raid then? 9/10 times the sanction kills are the radiances or the random ganks because they are separated from each other. On a base level, this rule essentially makes getting a sanction an illegal activity that you can be issued for.

Edit for Edit: So are you saying that as an enemy soldier coming with the intent to explode a room, I am doing something wrong by radiancing someone in the middle of the group of defenders, regardless of if they have came to attack or showed any interest in fighting yet? That's still kinda crazy, to me.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited August 2014
    I'm just telling you what the rules are. I'm aware that sanctioning is a somewhat broken mechanic. If you're killing random people just to get a sanction, you're breaking the rules. 

The implementation philosophy of sanction was that the home city that's being raided would act in good faith and attempt to defend their city. Which is how you get the sanction. I'm not aware of any city that regularly avoids raids by just doing nothing, though there's a couple cities that are worse offenders on this than others. 

Basically, in order for the sanction mechanic to work as -intended-, both sides have to act in good faith. The offensive team needs to bring only enough people that they know the city can attempt to defend. The defenders need to try to defend their city even if things aren't especially good odds for them. Sanction was deliberately made that way to try to keep things fair(ie, you can only room destroy if the city you're raiding has at least some sort of valid chance to defend).

• Santar for admin. Make love not war.

• Well I learned something new today ha. I always go into Targ or Mdor and see who I can find afk.

• edited August 2014
    Atalkez said:
    Well I learned something new today ha. I always go into Targ or Mdor and see who I can find afk.

I can pretty much guarantee you if you straight up gank some midbie soldier who you've never even heard of or interacted with, and they issue you, it will be dropped.  The rules might be the rules, but they don't seem to really matter much recently.  Santar calls it "the Mhaldor Immunity clause", but it honestly applies to pretty much anyone.

As for issuing, I personally blame the new mark system (along with, of course, the people breaking the rules).  If the M-train 5v1 exp farms you with no damn reason at all, you can hire.  But if they come back and do it again 10 minutes later, what are you left with?  Obviously you can't hire again, so your options are: 1) completely ignore the fact that they're breaking PK rules, or 2) issue them, and almost certainly see it dismissed for "lack of IC resolution" (whatever the f- that even means).
  • If not War, and then not Infamous or Mark, just be smart and apply COMMON SENSE when attacking.

Pretty much, pretend you're meeting this person for the first time, is he/she scouting around? Laying rites, etc.?

The admin these days tend to be less obtuse than in the past. Exceptions happen, like Ada vs The People of Ashtan during Conclave.