Combat Logs

Comments

• Even the font size on it changed. How the hell do you do those text boxes with the scroll bars though? That's amazing.

• edited October 2012
    I think Cooper's started a new trend.

Edit: so I don't get banned
    Post edited by Cooper at
  • what the fuck you got it below the icons :O

• Well, this is weird.

• How did I manage to edit Kalvon's post...

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    I read that in the narrator from Dragon Ball Z's voice @Jarrod.

+1 internetz for you.
  • screw you, was reading the forums to pass out, and now, a cliffhanger!
  • Cooper Ravenwind and the Shallamite's Stone was my favourite book.
  • edited October 2012
    Jibraaiyl VS Arador
    Any tips would be great. Thank you.

Took me a bit to absolve I know... My absolve alias is "end" and I was sleepy so I didn't spell it right the first few times

• Cooper said:
    Silas said:
    Dude, Cooper, wtf happened to your post.
    I wish I knew. I copy/pasted from the Achaea website and that made the background black. Then I tried typing and everything was coming out on black background and then I pushed something and it turned yellow and then I got scared and cried but I think I'm okay now :(

p.s. I was using the runed stats of course Salik, because that's what you fight with. And I don't think you realize how good those rapiers make you. If you used "normal" (still really amazing) rapiers with say 66-70 damage and 231-235 speed on them and didn't rune them, you'd quickly realize that 90% of anyone you kill now would be able to tank you and kill you. I didn't want to be an ass, but you aren't good. Just like Xenomorph couldn't kill anyone without his set of level 3s, you wouldn't be able to kill many people without your god rapiers.

You still here, Harry Potter?
    I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • edited October 2012

Cooper you are funny, I've fought people with other rapiers before. Also you say the rapiers make me able to kill people... I guess if that was true people would buy them off me. I'm not like you and lean on arties =) you all think I always use these rapiers. I got two or three pairs of rapiers I use. the stats I won't mention on the other pairs but you always jump to conclussions. I'm not a great combatant, I'm getting better and better and i'm still learning. But I guess your right I'm not good at all and that is why I can stand toe to toe with many combatants. But I forgot Cooper is always right so I guess I'll agree with you then =)

Oh Also forgot, even if I use curare on my first hit, 152 tohit still misses allot so how can you compare my tohit with level 3s? I miss people more than most do.

Also Xenomorph has proven before that he could kill people without his level 3's.

• The question is not whether one is able to kill people without extraordinary equipment; the question is whom one is able to kill without that equipment. Some people die far more easily than others.
  • I remember when I could kill people without arties....

Then they nerfed handaxe stun. :( 

RIP
  • I still think it's funny how people consider mer artied out. I got 4147 health with runes. 16str. and people consider me to be artied like Tanris, Veldrin, Goggo, Xenomorph, Cooper. They got health arties, damage arties and buckawns and stuff. So my set of rapiers is considered to be worth that much... so if they are worth that much, if someone pays me 2000 credits I'll smelt them right away and we'll see how I'll manage. Also to just name my rapier sets to hear they are also OP. my damage set is either 112/148/229 and 92/152/253 or 100/156/245 and 96/156/245, or I got higher tohit 80/170/245 and 80/166/249
  • WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THIS - AGAIN.

MOAR GANK LOGS PLZ.
  • Shush, Chryenth. This is the part where a text-combatant points out the flaws in Salik's reasoning, only for a third party to make a cutting comment about his peer's qualifications in text-combat, wherein another pointless fight will break out.
  • Except most of the text-combatants are of a like mind. This in and of itself should say without any shadow of a doubt that this is probably an irrefutible conclusion, given how much we love to tell each other we're wrong.
  • I'd agree that I have a lot of artefacts, Salik. But if you take a look at what stat pack and traits I took you'll realize that I don't do any more damage than your average monk, except I do as much int damage as strength damage. Most strength monks hit harder than me because I choose a spec/trait combo that gives me balanced damage. I use my artefacts to compensate for this and bring me to the damage level I should be at. If I wanted to lean on my artefacts, I'd just do a Namino or Proficy and go a race with 14 or 15 base strength, pick the strength trait, and fight with 18-19 strength instead of fighting at 15 like I do now. My int gets up to 14, but I have a level two collar so I do slightly more than an int-focused monk would do when I choke. In our duel, I was also sipping mana the entire time so my health artefacts and sip ring were useless and actually hurt me more than they helped me because you did more damage to me than you should.

I'd be happy to duel you without my arties, if you duel without your god-rapiers. The other rapiers you mentioned are also beyond ridiculous. 

• edited October 2012

so you mean all my rapier sets are god-like and that if I want to duel someone I must downgrade to 200 speed and 50 damage?

Also mentioning you use your arties to have same damage as full int monk with the str like a monk is better than to focus on all int or all str. As now you got the killing ability in both ways, you can kill them with damage from kicks and if they shield you got a massive choke. I do not think Proficy or Namino hurts that bad with their combos. Also your health arties do not hurt you in our duel, you sipped mana as you transmuted and you had higher health. Having greater health helps you in a duel against a knight.

• You know, Tanris, when you guys agree these conversations are a lot less interesting.

Let's talk about Pit and how the game is biased against Shallam.
  • Salik said:

so you mean all my rapier sets are god-like and that if I want to duel someone I must downgrade to 200 speed and 50 damage?

Also mentioning you use your arties to have same damage as full int monk with the str like a monk is better than to focus on all int or all str. As now you got the killing ability in both ways, you can kill them with damage from kicks and if they shield you got a massive choke. I do not think Proficy or Namino hurts that bad with their combos. Also your health arties do not hurt you in our duel, you sipped mana as you transmuted and you had higher health. Having greater health helps you in a duel against a knight.

With algiz and fullplate no monk combo hurts bad until the finisher. Monks aren't supposed to hurt bad until the finisher anyway.

The rapier speed would be fine if the damage weren't so damn high, that 92/152/253, 100/156/245 and 96/156/245 are nuts. 80/170/245 is alright, that damage is not that crazy.
  • edited October 2012
    Two 80/x/245 are still really strong, but you should start using 2 rapiers like that in your duels from now on if you want to see what the contrast between you with stupidly amazing rapiers and you with very decent rapiers.

Just so, you know, you can prove that it truly is your skill and not your rapiers.

And because you're probably going to ask why you need to prove yourself or something: Because you're implying that you can do the same thing you do now without your amazing rapiers. Have you ever actually looked at the way you fight? Do you think that requires skill? Took a lot of thought to come up with that I guess :)

• Just a question Garao, why do I need to prove myself to others? People will always try to drag you down and blame that you beat them on something. I just got annoyed that people call me artied out and say Runie is the easiest class and that runies are OP and with my rapiers they are gods. If I want to prove myself I do it because I don't think I can do it, but why do I need to increase my e-peen by proving it over and over again? Is that how you life your RL life? Someone says you cannot jump that fence, you jump it once, then next person tells you to jump is as he do not believe you and you do it again and again. Or do you jump it once alone and if someone asks you tell them, if they don't believe you it's their problem.

• Salik said:

I don't think you understood what I was saying. My higher health hurt in that duel because I never once sipped health. I was sipping using mana using my lower mana value, so I wasn't getting 1. the benefit of my level 2 sip ring, and 2.  benefit of a higher sip from higher health, and 3. damage scales with higher health, so I was taking a disproportionate amount of damage to what I was healing. 

Neither my physical damage or my choke/crush damage is at artefact level. They are at standard levels of monks. The good part is I have the high level of both and not just one. My artefacts allow me not to have to sacrifice tekura for a good choke. The thing is, in a 1v1 fight with you, my crush and choke do not matter at all. I would be better off focusing entirely on strength. 

The thing is Salik, you don't have any actual skill as a knight. Or if you do, you don't show it or use it. You slap on a random combination of curare with prefarar and a few other random venoms and dsl until the person dies. If they don't die in 5-10 dsls you throw some thurisaz down and slap on some more random venoms. If they don't die after that, you spam lunge. If a person can survive that you can't kill them. You were dsling me for 20% of my max health every ~1.5 seconds, plus falcon damage and all the thurisaz you sketched. Oh and p.s., your battleaxe dsl that proc'd hugalaz with no sensitivity did 49% my max health. If you call those things skill, well, okay then, you're wrong.

With the speed of your rapiers you could do some absolutely crazy things with limb targetting, rift locks, pipe locks, and just straight locking some people without even using breaks at all. But since you aren't good and can't think up those things, you just rely purely on how amazing those rapiers are.

If Tirac or Mizik had your rapiers, dear god I would quit Achaea until they decayed because I would be scared of dying every time I stepped out of Shallam.

• Cooper, you cannot rift lock people as everyone outr's everything, I do not target against monks and still working on my limb counter as it's so different, like Tanris is 22 hits to break a leg or torso, then you can take Goggo it's 18. Still not found out how to get the targetting together, so yeah I need improvment and I do not say I'm great, I say I'm good. I do not use random venoms, I got several pre venomed venom aliases so it's not random venoms with curare, I'm constantly trying to improve my venoms and my axes could not do 49% with a dsl, they are crap, These axes got like 189 damage runed and 168 speed and 182 damage and 136 speed on the other. Still not as good as I used to have, with 210 damage runed on both. I also try different tactics after the fight, just like when I fought Mizik, he gives me pointers on how to improve on different styles.

Cooper I have fought several people without these rapiers and I do not rely on them against most combatants but I do against heavly artied people, I'm still learning how to fight properly, while you now tell me you made a misstake not sipping health, that was a good thing for you, if you would have sipped health and 20% per dsl at 1.5s, means you could not sip and moss that health back up, then you would need to use transmute also, and when you ran out of mana, and just sipping health to keep your health up, you would not be able to focus or such. So sipping health is a bad choice against a knight that does that much of damage fast if you still want to be able to use mana skills.

• I'm not going to bother arguing with you anymore. It's pointless because you don't understand how things work, and you refuse to admit you aren't a good fighter. Have fun in imaginary land where Salik is good.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

Paragraphs. Where are the paragraphs. How am I supposed to read the above well structured and reasoned argument if there are no paragraphs. Have you tried having sight problems? Text walls are so painful. I will become fully blind at this rate. PARAGRAPHS.

PARAGRAPES.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited October 2012
    I'll just say two things: You can stop people outr'ing with this thing called a STRATEGY, you'll learn a few some day! Also, 20+ slashes to prep a limb with 92 damage rapiers, are you sure?

and LOL.

• I guess you could save you've been...

Paragraped.