Memorable quotes

Comments

• Daeir said:
    o no i am going to get THORNSPRAYED AHHHHHHHHHH
    Naked Eleusians "thornspraying" people. Euphemism for something?
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited June 2013
    A contract has been put on your life by Akali and accepted by Hirst. Please note that this is for 
    informational purposes only. It does not alter anything in regards to your PK or issue rights on 
    Akali until an actual attack is made upon you.

Lol. Joke's on them. I don't log in for more than 5 minutes at a time anymore.

I'd also post the entire interaction, but it was boring and stupid because I was the only one able to come up with an insult besides "f- off" or any variation thereof.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • What did you do in those 5 minutes to justify an 18 year old hiring on you?
    edited June 2013
    I was being Mosr: xenophobic and irritable.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited June 2013
    Jonathin said:
    I'd also post the entire interaction, but it was boring and stupid because I was the only one abletrying to come up with an insult besides "f- off" or any variation thereof.
    The "f-off" was what I considered to be an effective way of communicating with someone who a.) does nothing but insult people without provocation and b.) does not understand what, "Get out of my head." means.

Jonathin said:
    I don't log in for more than 5 minutes at a time anymore.

I can't imagine why...

ETA: Just to clarify .. you log in for five minutes a day to do nothing other than insult a new player for making polite inquiries concerning policies of the city you represent in an official capacity, before logging out and bitching on the forums? You could save time by just changing your avatar to some picture with the caption, "I'm a jackass." and cut out logging in altogether.
    edited June 2013
    Akali said:
    Jonathin said:
    I'd also post the entire interaction, but it was boring and stupid because I was the only one abletrying to come up with an insult besides "f- off" or any variation thereof.
    The "f-off" was what I considered to be an effective way of communicating with someone who a.) does nothing but insult people without provocation and b.) does not understand what, "Get out of my head." means.

Jonathin said:

I can't imagine why...

ETA: Just to clarify .. you log in for five minutes a day to do nothing other than insult a new player for making polite inquiries concerning policies of the city you represent in an official capacity, before logging out and bitching on the forums? You could save time by just changing your avatar to some picture with the caption, "I'm a jackass." and cut out logging in altogether.
    Dude, I'm not going to break character and be pleasant to some random Ashtani noob because you feel that I should be. I'm really a pretty nice guy IRL and that's how Mosr started, but he's evolved in such a way that makes him a pretty unpleasant person to speak with unless you're Targossian and even then, not an idiot that bounces around snuggling everything.

Also, this is the memorable quotes thread, not the ranting thread. You should probably figure out what bitching actually is.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Jonathin said:
    Akali said:
    Jonathin said:

Jonathin said:

I can't imagine why...

Dude, I'm not going to break character and be pleasant to some random Ashtani noob because you feel that I should be. I'm really a pretty nice guy IRL and that's how Mosr started, but he's evolved in such a way that makes him a pretty unpleasant person to speak with unless you're Targossian and even then, not an idiot that bounces around snuggling everything.

Also, this is the memorable quotes thread, not the ranting thread. You should probably figure out what bitching actually is.
    While in general I agree with you, being too rude to a novice is pretty much a dick move, no matter where the novice is from. You want to make them stick and  roleplay, not scare them away with insults.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    Jonathin said:
    Akali said:
    Jonathin said:

Jonathin said:

I can't imagine why...

While in general I agree with you, being too rude to a novice is pretty much a dick move, no matter where the novice is from. You want to make them stick and  roleplay, not scare them away with insults.
    Or send an ooc message.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Can we please pre-emptively move the above post to the ranting thread?

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • The whole discussion was memorable. It doesn't need to be quoted here though. It will love on in the Public news board forever.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles

You say, "Never going to reach 1st level of Penwizian Fortitude at this rate!"
    Tecton, the Terraformer says, "Something to aspire to!"

I'm reading between the lines here but they probably don't want to come up with a level name after that.
  • Here's hoping for another 80x increase for the next level!
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Jarrod said:
    Here's hoping for another 80x increase for the next level!
    Well, if they don't want to come up with a name for it, that would work. Then it'd take more than a lifetime to get there.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Feathery Fantabulitation is my favorite, although the very last certainly leaves a firm impression. ;)
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Discussing silly things on an OOC clan, and this gem popped up.

(redacted): @Achilles says, "Come to Targ, learn to win."

Sorry bro, I giggled.
  • Make level 140 flagged to no longer give experience after, say, 11%. Don't tell him that, just call the level "Penwize's Wild Ride".

In about three, four days, the problem will solve itself.

• Arditi said:
    Make level 140 flagged to no longer give experience after, say, 11%. Don't tell him that, just call the level "Penwize's Wild Ride". In about three, four days, the problem will solve itself.
    Level 140 is pretty much impossible now. It'll take him 7 years to get 134. Another 6 levels? He'd be retired by the time he got to 140, if they didn't slow down even more.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Shirszae said:
    I don't see why somebody should feel compelled to water down their own roleplay just because they're dealing with a novice. It's made pretty clear that Achaea is a strict roleplaying game, people who come here should expect every interaction they have to be with another character, not another player.
  • edited June 2013
    @Antonius - if he is role-playing an emotionally damaged, sour old man with Tourette's Syndrome, then yeah.. the interaction made a lot of sense. No one is asking anyone to 'water down' their role-play. I just personally don't think, "Throw insults at anyone who is not a citizen of Targossas." is very well though-out, deep, or stimulating role-play. *shrug*