Memorable quotes

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Neither is saying yes all the time

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited June 2013

Sarapis said:
    I can easily come up with a thousand names for the next level in the course of a day. That's not an issue at all! 

Some contenders:

"Eaglicious"
    "Level 134"
    "Level 135" (dishonest, but designed to lure him into complacency and give us more time to come up with new level names)
    "That guy who keeps making us come up with new level names."
    "Feathery Fantabulitation"

And finally....

"I'm Penwize. [Hello] you."

Damnit, and it's going to take me at least 14 years just to see ONE new one!  You're killing me here!
  • [6:55:38 PM] Santar: whale alert
    [6:55:40 PM] Santar: get the harpoons
    [6:55:44 PM] Santar: ayana is online
    [6:57:23 PM] me: i'm trying to think of the witty comment i'm going to say when i post that in quotes
    [6:57:31 PM] me: can you help me out?
    [6:57:36 PM] me: hmm, i think i have i
    [6:57:37 PM] me: it
    [6:57:40 PM] me: 'thar she blows!'
    [6:57:43 PM] Santar: hahaha

• edited June 2013
    Cooper said:
    [6:55:38 PM] Santar: whale alert
    [6:55:40 PM] Santar: get the harpoons

I read until that part and my first thought was "Estach is back"
    Cooper said:
    [6:55:44 PM] Santar: ayana is online
    [6:57:23 PM] me: i'm trying to think of the witty comment i'm going to say when i post that in quotes
    [6:57:31 PM] me: can you help me out?
    [6:57:36 PM] me: hmm, i think i have i
    [6:57:37 PM] me: it
    [6:57:40 PM] me: 'thar she blows!'
    [6:57:43 PM] Santar: hahaha
    And then I read the rest.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    - 2013/06/19 15:19:42 - Daijin Nemutaur Rousseau has battered Spire to death in The Matsuhama Arena.
    - 2013/06/19 15:25:33 - Daijin Nemutaur Rousseau has battered Spire to death in The Matsuhama Arena.
    - 2013/06/19 15:30:15 - Daijin Nemutaur Rousseau has battered Spire to death in The Matsuhama Arena.

• XerXer Langley
    edited June 2013
    2013/06/19 19:15:26 - Zii > You all have a terrible habit of embracing death while Alchemists are around. For shame.

Soulspears obviously >> our RL time haha

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Achilles said:
    - 2013/06/19 15:19:42 - Daijin Nemutaur Rousseau has battered Spire to death in The Matsuhama Arena.
    - 2013/06/19 15:25:33 - Daijin Nemutaur Rousseau has battered Spire to death in The Matsuhama Arena.
    - 2013/06/19 15:30:15 - Daijin Nemutaur Rousseau has battered Spire to death in The Matsuhama Arena.

Third time was without Icon!
  • Xer said:
    2013/06/19 19:15:26 - Zii > You all have a terrible habit of embracing death while Alchemists are around. For shame.

Soulspears obviously >> our RL time haha

They want to suffer through the death sequence.  Self imposed hardship.
  • Zii + Xer = salad
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited June 2013
    I was gonna say 'all hail Ziixer".
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Nemutaur said:
    Achilles said:

Third time was without Icon!
    Not what I was pointing out, I'm disappointed the greatest Paladin ever lost 3 times in 10 minutes.
  • edited June 2013
    (Ashtan): Lothiac says, "Hes in azdun."
    4378h|100%h 4005m|95%m 100%e 100%w 3.0% ek-20:55:38:038
    (Ashtan): Lothiac says, "I'll dake care of him."
    4378h|100%h 4005m|95%m 100%e 100%w 3.0% exk-20:55:40:724
    Lothiac has been sliced into bloody ribbons by Zsarachnor, the Vampire Lord.
    4378h|100%h 4005m|95%m 100%e 100%w 3.0% ek-20:55:51:215

edit: time stamps make it better
  • Man. Unstanced AXK for 90% through 94% fieldplate.

But yeah, just give me a min.
  • Mizik said:
    Man. Unstanced AXK for 90% through 94% fieldplate. But yeah, just give me a min.
    Is that working as intended? My 20 strength disembowel with torso damage only does 70%-ish through Algiz.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • edited June 2013
    Mizik said:
    Man. Unstanced AXK for 90% through 94% fieldplate. But yeah, just give me a min.
    Is that working as intended? My 20 strength disembowel with torso damage only does 70%-ish through Algiz.
    Blunt damage icon is ridiculously broken.   I ran some tests a while back. The damage increase is ridiculous.  Combine axekick with the huge buffs to enfeeble and leg breaks stopping tumble, and any swk double break basically turns into a free kill. It's the most skillless thing ever. No real ways to defend it, and almost no effort has to be put forth on the Monk's side.  No other class in the game allows such easy kills, no matter how artied you are.

Also, you have to consider that they made us all less tanky with the traits change, taking out reinforced, and lowering everyone's moss fro 10% to 8%. So that just adds on to the problem. Monks weren't doing this much damage 1 RL year ago. Not sure why the class keeps getting buffed. 

• While not as simple as that, BM just needs two legs and a well placed knee strike for a pre impslash to kill rather reliably.

• edited June 2013
    You can at least run like a bitch every time you get imp-slashed vs. BM(which I agree isn't a particularly interesting mechanic either). Still not as bad as Monk, though.

You fight a maxed out artied Knight/Serpent/Magi/Whatever and if you're equally artied/use the proper defensive tactics, you can still deal with their offense. For most classes, an evenly matched top tier fight requires a lot of skill, preparation, and usually little luck/error on part of your opponent. Artied monk(+blunt icon) just has to count HFPs and then hit 3 macros to win the fight against virtually anybody.

• edited June 2013
    Santar said:
    Combine axekick with the huge buffs to enfeeble and leg breaks stopping tumble.

?

Unless you mean stance following making it irrelevant
  • I think he means increasing tumble time, but that's all limbs that add to it.

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking

You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking
    out the presence of Jira.
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Jira is in New
    Thera.
    4210h, 3765m cxkb-12:20:18:673(-20 Mana)
    ---------------RECOVERED EQUILIBRIUM---------------
    4210h, 3765m cexkb-12:20:19:617
    Serpent class members present and visible: Jira.

I refuse to accept this.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • edited June 2013
    Dunn said:
    I think he means increasing tumble time, but that's all limbs that add to it.
    It's basically stopping it if their combo that does a conservative 130% of max health goes off in less than the time it takes me to tumble.

@Jovolo You're probably better off not trying to correct top tier fighters on the forum if you have no idea what you're talking about, or even any knowledge of basic concepts in fighting.

• Santar said:
    Mizik said:
    Blunt damage icon is ridiculously broken.   I ran some tests a while back. The damage increase is ridiculous.  Combine axekick with the huge buffs to enfeeble and leg breaks stopping tumble, and any swk double break basically turns into a free kill. It's the most skillless thing ever. No real ways to defend it, and almost no effort has to be put forth on the Monk's side.  No other class in the game allows such easy kills, no matter how artied you are.

Also, you have to consider that they made us all less tanky with the traits change, taking out reinforced, and lowering everyone's moss fro 10% to 8%. So that just adds on to the problem. Monks weren't doing this much damage 1 RL year ago. Not sure why the class keeps getting buffed. 
    The bolded part is harder than you think against a very skilled fighter.  Mount up or you gonna die.
  • edited June 2013
    Yeah, already started designing my invinci pet, actually. Has nothing to do with skill. Just have to sink the 900 credits to be able to partially delay the setup of a single class.

Doesn't change the fact that the axekick damage with blunt icon is ridiculous though. Ashura monks can even OHKO Dragons with that combo, and dragons are supposed to be super tanky.  Two leg breaks isn't really that much prep, yeah, it's harder if they're mounted/smart, but still, if that swk/break goes off, the fight is over. It's a lot of work on the defender's part, and the monk only has to get lucky once. You compare that to something like a Serpent trying to kill a monk, where you need tons of luck and perfect timing/affliction tracking, when the monk needs to count HFPs and break/press 2 buttons. 

• ah, I was thinking arena which makes it very hard.  Ya it might require artie pet or an army of ponies outside of arena.  Hopefully Serpent will get upgraded a little bit to make it viable to have to kill your opponent before they can prep you.