Quick Questions

Comments

• Fire:

Mood: FIRE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adoption Messages (Active)

You see : Barely visible flames lick the air around your person as fire fills your soul.

Others see: Barely visible flames appear around Sarapis and his eyes begin to glow as if from the reflected light of a raging fire.

Room LOOK (Active)

(Sarapis, the Logos) is here, wreathed in nearly translucent flame.

Movement Messages (Active)

Entering : A wave of intense heat precedes the entrance of Sarapis from the north.

Exiting : The temperature in the room drops as Sarapis's leaves to the southeast, trailing translucent flame behind Him.

SAY Messages (Active)

You see : Your voice crackles with fire as you say, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: Sarapis's voice crackles with fire as He says, "Blah blah blah."

SAY TO Messages (Active)

You see : Your voice crackles with fire as you say to Haidion, "Blah blah blah."

Rcpt sees : Sarapis's voice crackles with fire as He says to you, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: Sarapis's voice crackles with fire as He says to Haidion, "Blah blah blah."

TELL Messages (Active)

You see : Through the snapping and popping of flames you tell Haidion, the Wanderer, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: Through the snapping and popping of flames, Sarapis tells you, "Blah blah blah."

YELL Messages (Active)

You see : Like a roaring bonfire, you yell, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: Like the roar of a bonfire, Sarapis yells, "Blah blah blah"

SHOUTing Voice (Active)

You see : Summoning a massive inferno, you channel it into a message heard across the land as you roar out, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: A wave of intense, inferno-like heat hits you as Sarapis roars, "Blah blah blah"

• Mood: ICE

You see : You take on a frosty persona, and ice delicately rimes your features.

Others see: Sarapis takes on a frosty cast, and ice crystals lightly rime his features.

Room LOOK (Active)

Ice rimes the features of (Sarapis, the Logos), who emanates frigid cold.

Entering : Flurries of sparkling ice crystals disperse into the air from the north as Sarapis enters.

Exiting : With the egress of Sarapis to the east, the ambiance here warms considerably.

SAY Messages (Active)

You see : Like grinding sheets of ice, Sarapis grates, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: Like grinding sheets of ice, Sarapis grates, "Blah blah blah."

SAY TO Messages (Active)

You see : Like grinding sheets of ice, you grate to Haidion, "Blah blah blah."

Rcpt sees : Like grinding sheets of ice, Sarapis grates to you, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: Like grinding sheets of ice, Sarapis grates to Haidion, "Blah blah blah."

TELL Messages (Active)

You see : An intense chill washes over you as Sarapis tells you, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: An intense chill washes over you as Sarapis tells you, "Blah blah blah."

YELL Messages (Active)

You see : With a voice like shattering ice you yell, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: With a voice like shattering ice, Sarapis yells, "Blah blah blah"

SHOUTing Voice (Active)

You see : You concentrate for a moment and bellow, "Blah blah blah." propelling your voice across the land on a wave of elemental cold.

Others see: A blast of frigid air hits you and carries with it the shouted voice of Sarapis. He bellows, "Blah blah blah"

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    edited April 2014
    I won't lie, that's pretty badass. I'd love a shadow option (maybe please?), but really any of the three above look pretty cool. I foresee an increase in elemental beings shortly.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    @Sarapis, @Tecton, any chance we can get a water mood too?

The elemental stuff is really cool, but Mel is definitely more of a water person.

Pretty please? I'll even help make it if needed!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I was going to make a water one, but had a tough time with the messages, so moved on. You realize there's an entire thread for suggesting new ones though, yes?
    I did but was unaware (or forgot, this is likely) that elemental ones would be a thing.

Let me brainstorm and I'll pop over an idea over there.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • @Sarapis, can we get a preview of the other ones that are Shop of Wonders bought? Swagger, Predatory, Amorous etc

• Mood: SWAGGER

You see : You put some serious swagger into your stance.

Others see: Sarapis puts some serious swagger into his stance.

Room LOOK (Active)

Heavy swagger evident in His stance, (Sarapis, the Logos) is here.

Entering : Sarapis swaggers in from the north.

Exiting : Sarapis swaggers out to the north.

SAY Messages (Active)

You see : With confidence bordering on arrogance you say, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: With confidence bordering on arrogance, Sarapis says, "Blah blah blah."

SAY TO Messages (Active)

You see : With confidence bordering on arrogance, you say to Haidion, "Blah blah blah."

Rcpt sees : With confidence bordering on arrogance, Sarapis says to you, "Blah blah blah."

Others see:

TELL Messages (Active)

You see : With swagger, you tell Haidion, the Wanderer, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: With swagger, Sarapis tells you, "Blah blah blah."

YELL Messages (Active)

You see : You put some swagger in your voice as you yell, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: Sarapis yells, with swagger, "Blah blah blah"

SHOUTing Voice (Active)

You see : Swaggering with self-confidence, Sarapis shouts, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: Swaggering with self-confident, Sarapis shouts, "Blah blah blah"

• Mood: PREDATORY

You see : You adopt a predatory stance. They say your fellow mortals make the best prey.

Others see: Sarapis, understanding that fellow mortals make the best prey, adopts a predatory stance.

Room LOOK (Active)

(Sarapis, the Logos) is here in a predatory stance, a feral glint in His eyes.

Entering : Sarapis stalks into the room from north, looking for His quarry.

Exiting : Sarapis stalks out to the south, eyes hungry for prey.

SAY Messages (Active)

You see : With a growl you say, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: With a growl, Sarapis says, "Blah blah blah."

SAY TO Messages (Active)

You see : With a growl you say to Haidion, "Blah blah blah."

Rcpt sees : With a crowl, Sarapis says to you, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: With a growl, Sarapis says to Haidion, "Blah blah blah."

TELL Messages (Active)

You see : Snarling like a predator, you tell Haidion, the Wanderer, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: Snarling like a predator, Sarapis tells you, "Blah blah blah."

YELL Messages (Active)

You see : You howl out your message to the area, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: Sarapis howls his message to the area, "Blah blah blah"

SHOUTing Voice (Active)

You see : You slaver and roar, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: Sarapis slavers and roars, "Blah blah blah"

• Mood: AMOROUS

You see : My, is it getting hot in here, or is it just you?

Others see: Sarapis gets that special look in his eyes. The look of love.

Room LOOK (Active)

(Sarapis, the Logos) is here, an amorous and enticing smile on His face.

Entering : Sarapis waltzes in from the north, smiling amorously.

Exiting : Sarapis smiles coyly and breezes out to the northeast.

SAY Messages (Active)

You see : Voice throaty with desire, you say, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: Voice throaty with desire, Sarapis says, "Blah blah blah."

SAY TO Messages (Active)

You see : Voice throaty with desire, you say to Haidion, "Blah blah blah."

Rcpt sees : Voice throaty with desire, Sarapis says to you, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: Voice throaty with desire, Sarapis says to Haidion, "Blah blah blah."

TELL Messages (Active)

You see : With a little gasp, you tell Haidion, the Wanderer, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: With a little gasp, Sarapis tells you, "Blah blah blah."

YELL Messages (Active)

You see : In a voice laden with ardour, you yell, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: In a voice laden with ardour, Sarapis yells, "Blah blah blah"

SHOUTing Voice (Active)

You see : Shaking with desire, you shout, "Blah blah blah."

Others see: In a voice shaking with desire, Sarapis shouts, "Blah blah blah"

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Can so see all those creepers that hang around the Minia archway looking amorous.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Well, that's kind of the idea of the sold ones. "Normal" moods are much more likely to be made public (free and automatic) or earned via questing/leveling/whatever.

• Sarapis said:
    Well, that's kind of the idea of the sold ones. "Normal" moods are much more likely to be made public (free and automatic) or earned via questing/leveling/whatever.

Honestly, what might make a huge profit would be custom ones of these. You guys seem to be able to pound them out pretty quick (I'm assuming it's a template?), and it wouldn't be difficult to police for ridiculous ones. Limit two per customer, non-refundable?

• Yeah, I continue to have longstanding reservations regarding credits, but if I did buy credits, this is totally a thing I would get, so I'm morbidly curious how much it'd be priced at, if that does end up being part of the plan.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Sarapis said:
    Well, that's kind of the idea of the sold ones. "Normal" moods are much more likely to be made public (free and automatic) or earned via questing/leveling/whatever.

I think there's a difference between classifying them as being 'unique' as opposed to 'normal' moods and them being 'exaggerated' as opposed to 'subtle', though, if that makes any sense. The predatory one is the best example so far as being a 'unique' mood while still being tasteful enough to use in day to day RP scenarios, whereas for others like the 'amorous' mood...well, I don't know about other people, but it's sort of difficult to imagine using that as a serious RP device (assuming you're not just fooling around with it [get it? :D]) to add to the immersion of a scene.

I feel like it's especially -because- these are paid moods that people would want something they can use believably and consistently to warrant their paying for it. For the elemental moods, that's slightly different because it's not 'normal', so to speak, and so being a bit over-the-top is expected - but things like amorous, swagger et al are somewhat normal human reactions, so being exaggerated there to too large an extent might make people reluctant to pay the credits to get it.

Just my opinion on that, though. I'm aware that I've been making a lot of comments on this, but the main reason is because I think it's a really cool mechanic with a lot of potential, and I'm really interested on seeing where it goes.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Trey said:
    Sarapis said:

Honestly, what might make a huge profit would be custom ones of these. You guys seem to be able to pound them out pretty quick (I'm assuming it's a template?), and it wouldn't be difficult to police for ridiculous ones. Limit two per customer, non-refundable?
    Well, each mood is 16 separate messages, though five, for instance, are for says/say tos. What would take time in that kind of custom scenario is largely the back and forth with someone over the multiple messages in question. That's ultimately doable, of course.

Another factor that's important to us, though, is the balance between having to stay within the box, and being able to pay to go outside the box. If everyone can go outside the box, the box doesn't mean anything. It's the fact that many people can't leave the box that makes leaving the box valuable to some extent.
  • Sarapis said:
    Trey said:
    Sarapis said:

Well, each mood is 16 separate messages, though five, for instance, are for says/say tos. What would take time in that kind of custom scenario is largely the back and forth with someone over the multiple messages in question. That's ultimately doable, of course.

Another factor that's important to us, though, is the balance between having to stay within the box, and being able to pay to go outside the box. If everyone can go outside the box, the box doesn't mean anything. It's the fact that many people can't leave the box that makes leaving the box valuable to some extent.
    I can see the logic there, @Sarapis. The price itself could be comparable to the other ones, though, if you're basing it off the 4MC for elemental ones. Let's say this:

Reactions are base cost 25cr per.
    There are at total of 16 messages to code.
    Add in a discount for the bulk 'reaction' order: 300cr? 

You could even limit it to one per person if you're afraid of largely devaluing the 'stock bought' moods. 4MC is going to run you about 120-160cr with an average amount available on the market (closer to 100cr when there's an abundance). At that point, you have three 'tiers' of moods (stock, gussied up, and custom). You guys love shit available in three levels, right? :D 

• Ok so, I can't get the queue system to work the way I feel like it should work. I think I'm missing something. So here's a few questions based on my experiences:

1) The syntax given by using the QUEUE command and looking at HELP QUEUEING are completely different. They share no common commands. Are there two different queues (not talking about bal/eq)?

2) Is it possible to use the queue system without automatically adding commands that were entered off their respective balances to the queue? 

3) It seems that manually adding things to the queue through QUEUE ADD <bal> <stuff> won't start firing until you actually recover that balance. It seems to me that adding something to the queue when you have that balance should automatically fire the first item on that queue. Is there a way to set that up?
  • You can't do point three atm, you can try and do it client side though. If have.balance then send("thing") else send("queue add thing") end
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Do scrolls suddenly have a really long page length on them? I'm unsure if the editor on Mudlet is crapping out or if I've actually hit some sort of line limit on scrolls.

And no matter how much I trim off this script, it just won't fit :(
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited April 2014
    Willpower regeneration (keyword: willpower)
      - You and your allies will regenerate extra willpower while in the room.
      - 6 room credits.  (12 outside of a subdivision)

Does this mean I have to ALLY all the persons I want to use the regen room or is it enough if they have perms to enter the house?

EDIT: I'm a Monk, so that can be tricky for me.
  • You need to ally them

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Or get lusted :x

• Niraaeth said:
    EDIT: I'm a Monk, so that can be tricky for me.
    Just need to trigger Kai trance break and qq to unenemy and ally a few people. What I have to do for my shopkeepers.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    What's up with the queue on jewellery designs from the UUC? I've heard that tailoring patterns are getting through alright but some of us have been waiting for over a week and almost two to get things if it's to do with jewellery.

My tailoring design has been about five or six days, so it sounds like just general inconsistencies.
  • Is it true that Venoms will be taken from serpents and made a general trade skill? If so, what will happen to relapse?
  • @Wilhelmina Yes that's true. As far as what will happen with scytherus, you'll have to wait and find out. If Tecton and co. know already I don't believe they've posted it anywhere.