What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Letters themselves will not decay in transit, but if they cannot be delivered after a certain amount of time they will be returned to the sender, mostly for the reasons stated above.

Items /inside/ letters in transit very well may decay while in the post office.
  • Letters are supposed to be returned if they aren't delivered, but I've had multiple occasions where the letter just disappears in the mail, so it's not always consistent.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited May 2020
    Armali said:

Slith, Lord of the Undead's eyes flare with a malevolent glow, a baleful beam of unholy light lancing from the diadem upon his 
    brow to spear through your torso and leaving you to die in horrific agony.
    You have been slain by Slith, Lord of the Undead.
    Your starburst tattoo flares as the world is momentarily tinted red.
    The corpse of a deadly obsidian scorpion falls out of your inventory.
    H:7235 M:6919 E:34925 W:29325 -ex ([slith] [100%] [23]) 01:58:38.42-
    Whenever I see stuff like this I wonder if there was some sort of meeting involved and if this is how it went:

Producer: "Ok, people are killing this denizen way to easily and frequently. What can we do to make it more challenging?"

Person A: "Give them a larger health pool so the fight lasts longer."

Person B: "Make them do more damage."

Person C: "Make their attacks faster."

Person D : "Make them deliver nearly every available affliction in the game in a single attack and then follow up with a special attack that is an instakill."

Producer: -stares at Person D silently for a brief moment- "You sadistic sonuvabitch. I love it! You know what, we'll just roll all these together and watch them try then."

• edited May 2020
    Just today...

You tear open a decorated sleeve and victoriously pull a playing card featuring Seasone, the Industrious from within!

e
    You carefully place a playing card featuring Seasone, the Industrious into a deck of mystical cards.
    As you complete the suit, a card depicting a sheep appears in your deck!

As you open an interlocked cache a bright light shines from within.
    You have been awarded with The legs of a figurine of the suffering Maya talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The torso of a figurine of the suffering Maya talisman piece!

So in one week I got (2) Maran cards, (1) Seasone, and completed (2) Maya figurines... all things that some people have been trying to do for 18 months. And it cost me 50 globes,  and about 400cr to finish both sets.  Pretty happy so far.

• edited May 2020
    Doesn't that spark those brain cells that SOMETHING is wrong when you can drop 50 globes, and get something that takes others months. . . Even others who, also, drop 50/100/150 globes? Or in some cases 100 caches for not even 1 piece? Surely at SOME level, that piques you to go, "something is wrong here", surely?

Not even one, but 2 of said item? :/

No one should expect this to happen to them, don't go buying 50 globes thinking you'll get a figurine. You won't, odds are strong you won't even get half of one. 
  • -quietly puts away the 2.5 deathcapes out of less than 100-
  • edited May 2020
    - puts away the almost 4 complete RACES sets and 100+ Vellis, Rurin, Haidion BS cards along the way -

I said it cost me 50 globes because those are the only 2 Maya pieces Ive ever opened for out of every cache opened for races since races was introduced.  The rest of the 2 Maya sets pieces came down to smart trades and 2 very lucky refines.  In a week.

I never said everything came from that one set of 50 (Ive opened 200-250 this go round because they're averaging about 1600cr per 50 globes for me). The 2 Maran cards were the highlight of another group of 50.  The rest have been decent return but not a lot of noteworthy items.

If anything, this round of globes they seem to have tweaked RNG to make it more likely to get good pieces...  but in the process, expect 6 complete arachnideye sets as well.

If anything, based on the number of caches I've opened as well as decks, statistically speaking, it was about time for RNG to throw me a fucking bone.

• Typically I agree. It is one of the reasons I haven't spent any money in the last year or so on the game.  But I felt like despite the pissing and moaning, the admin worked hard on the Reckoning, and have otherwise been attentive.  I know they get paid.. but I also wanted to try my luck.. the first round went so well I bought a second.. similar results.  Third was great (over 3000cr off that one).. and the other 2.. all paid out more than I would have gotten if I had purchased credits straight up, with items traded for credits, etc..   I made something in the area of 5000cr off those globes, used them to buy pieces I needed, a new class trans'd, two new toys I had my eye on, etc..

Point being, I went in knowing it was a gamble, it paid off, I tried my luck again and again and kept getting similar or better results.  But I'm done now anyway...  just posting the results.

If desired, I can post the haul from each grouping.

• Celadriel said:
    Tried out fishing for the first time!

You've just set a new record for this year for that catch!

You reel in the last bit of line and your struggle is over. You've landed a bearded pikefish

weighing 5 pounds and 6 ounces.

You beam broadly.

Fishing is the best part of this entire game.

Just watch out for thieves. They are the worst part of this entire game.

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• Finally caved and bought five globes. Opened them up and got:

1 decorated sleeve
    1 interlocked cache

40 unbound credits
    50 customization Credits
    30 upgrade Credits

10,305 gold
    49 lobelia seed
    20 wood
    22 goldenseal root
    24 ginseng root
    10 cloth
    10 coal
    32 sileris
    10 steel

Not bad... Already had 30 upgrade credits so I have 60 now, and got an interlocked cache before that gave me a band for a ring of finality and a slate for a grievous keyring. At the very least, I feel like I got my money's worth with these globes and am happy with that. 

So lets open up that sleeve and get the first Legend Deck card I've ever owned! After debating for a while, I try to shoot for Bakios in the renowned collection, not realizing that it doesn't just include the Aesthetes suit, but also the Intrepid and Impudent suites. So imagine my surprise when:
    You tear open a decorated sleeve and delightedly pull a playing card featuring Xylthus, the Outcast from within!
    With a flash of light, a deck of mystical cards appears in your hands!
    Well, not quite what I wanted, but not bad either - can definitely use this hunting and gives me a bit more incentive to do so. I then learned that I can essentially take this card out of my deck at any time and trade it in for 35 bound credits. I'm very much okay with this card now. Let's try our luck on the cache opening for the blackwave.
    You have been awarded with The tiger for a grievous keyring talisman piece!

>> talisman pieces blackwave
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            finalityringpieces
      P (1) The band for a ring of finality            1     signetband
            grievouskeyringpieces
      P (1) The tiger for a grievous keyring         1     keyringtiger
      P (1) The slate for a grievous keyring         1     keyringslate
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ohwell how 'bout that... I guess RNG just really wants me to have a keyring?
  • Yeah the deck opening for like 4 different collections/suits fucked me up at first and seemed very unclear (probably intentionally so?) in documentation.  I was like "oh I have a 1/10 chance..."  come to find out it was more like 1/30 (statistically more like 1/1000+) because it includes multiple suits.  Finding out the shit cards at least trade in made it a little better but not by much.  That is why I hadn't put much into promos for a long while until this time.  This go-round I got far more than I would have just buying straight credits, for sure.  Not that credits are even a decent price but... that is another topic.

• Sobriquet said:
    AKA Achaean Questing. 

WOW sign me up, sounds very engaging and rewarding.
  • Rackham said:
    Sobriquet said:
    AKA Achaean Questing. 

1. Engaging
    2. Rewarding
    3. Achaea quests
    pick 2

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Saonji said:
    Rackham said:
    Sobriquet said:
    AKA Achaean Questing. 

1. Engaging
    2. Rewarding
    3. Achaea quests
    pick 2

Just remember that if you pick 2 and 3, you also get the added benefit of 4. Growing leaves.
  • I don't think you get to pick 2....number 3 doesn't fit with either of those other two...
  • The chased by the warrior bit was the most annoying. I just murdered them away from guards so my aggro didn't go up too fast.
  • "An azure gateway emanating strange humming noises hangs in the air."

Right outside the city walls. What could it be? A God? The anger of Lady Aurora? Or something worse? Pazuzu and his hellfire legions?! Everyone, be careful! We'll be investigating it til we find out what it could be!!

Nope, occultist made a portal.

Well, now don't I look like an idiot....
  • Rackham said:
    "An azure gateway emanating strange humming noises hangs in the air."

Right outside the city walls. What could it be? A God? The anger of Lady Aurora? Or something worse? Pazuzu and his hellfire legions?! Everyone, be careful! We'll be investigating it til we find out what it could be!!

Nope, occultist made a portal.

Well, now don't I look like an idiot....

I too was momentarily excited by the prospect of Pazuzu surfacing. With the changes with forays, this entire night was a disappointment for me.

But tomorrow is another day!
  • Your idea (If a player is not within the realms (offline, journal, news, etc) when another player sends them a letter, send the recipient a message that they have been sent a letter by the sender.) has reached sufficient support, and voting has been closed for it.

I know this doesn't mean its going in, but I'm just happy to see it wasn't a stupid idea.

• edited May 2020
    High atop Falaq'tor.
    This room has not been mapped.
    The rain pours down, daylight edging the dark clouds with streaks of silver. Piercing high into the firmament, the very pinnacle 
    of the icy spire resonates with palpable arcane energy. Though still visible several hundred feet below, the pounding thunder of 
    the crashing waves cannot compete with the furious howls of the tempestuous wind. All is consumed in the deafening sound, a 
    strange contrast to the otherwise calm panorama of the polar north. A great orb of pale cerulean light is suspended overhead.
    You see a single exit leading down.

Thank you to @Minkai, @Farrah, @Krizal, @Elon, @Adrik, @Mezghar, and @Yen, who all played parts, big or small, in solving this puzzle.
  • edited May 2020
    Doctor says my smashed foot issue is likely not a fracture but intricate ligiment and fine bone damage. I am a tap dancer. I have just lost such a major part of my life - losing articulation is incredibly huge. I will never be able to do wings or graboffs again. I was fighting hard to stay a tap dancer with nerve damage and now my fucking foot is COMPLETELY SMASHED because I didn't have enough awareness due to nerve damage to realize where a door was. I am in so much pain and on top of that I have lost so much articulation and fine movement. I'm so sad. I'm so fucking upset. I am so incredibly apologetic to Cyrene because I went fucking crazy upon losing this - it is like losing a physical chunk of your body, but it's not excuse to go crazy IG.

I am just so sad, part of my life can never happen. :( I already miss dancing and it makes me so freaking sad that when I try to dance it hurts my body. :(
  • edited May 2020
    Caelan said:
    Celadriel said:
    Doctor says my smashed foot issue is likely not a fracture but intricate ligiment and fine bone damage. I am a tap dancer. I have just lost such a major part of my life - losing articulation is incredibly huge. I will never be able to do wings or graboffs again.

I was fighting hard to stay a tap dancer with nerve damage and now my fucking foot is COMPLETELY SMASHED because I didn't have enough awareness due to nerve damage to realize where a door was. I am in so much pain and on top of that I have lost so much articulation and fine movement. I'm so sad. I'm so fucking upset. I am so incredibly apologetic to Cyrene because I went fucking crazy upon losing this - it is like losing a physical chunk of your body, but it's not excuse to go crazy IG.

I am just so sad, part of my life can never happen. :( I already miss dancing and it makes me so freaking sad that when I try to dance it hurts my body. :(
    I just wish I had retained articulation in my toes. If I had that, I could do most of tap dance, I think. I think I'm caught in a trap where I'm focusing on what I've lost vs what I have.