Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Quick Combat Questions

1183184185187189

Comments

  • MizikMizik Member Posts: 2,128 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 6
    For Magi burn stacks, when you get burning (1) to burning (2), does gmcp output burning (1) as cured or is it stacked on?
    image
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,940 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Pretty sure you get two separate GMCP messages, Add "burning(2)" and Remove "burning(1)".
  • RiellRiell Member Posts: 209 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Is it just my testing, or does Emulation Rupture's bleeding boost wildly vary in strength?  It doesn't seem to be consistent at all, which makes it difficult to track :(
  • TorrentTorrent Member Posts: 216 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Riell said:
    Is it just my testing, or does Emulation Rupture's bleeding boost wildly vary in strength?  It doesn't seem to be consistent at all, which makes it difficult to track :(
    Yeah it doesn't seem very reliable at times. Happens to me as well. Though a lot of Psion abilities are meant to be random, not sure if that is also meant to be.
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 1,938 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Something to keep in mind is that the attack you use to proc it also influences it.

  • PenwizePenwize Member Posts: 1,555 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Yeah, my testing has it as random too, and only about +20-30 bleeding on everything other than prone deathblow.   I'm not actually sure what the use case for rupture is, with its long eq time I can't see any time when using it would be better than just using a weaving attack.  Except as part of an opener I guess, for that tiny bit extra mana momentum.
    Riell
  • RiellRiell Member Posts: 209 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Penwize said:
    Yeah, my testing has it as random too, and only about +20-30 bleeding on everything other than prone deathblow.   I'm not actually sure what the use case for rupture is, with its long eq time I can't see any time when using it would be better than just using a weaving attack.  Except as part of an opener I guess, for that tiny bit extra mana momentum.
    Yea, that’s abouy where I am with it. Even when using it on prone deathblow, there’s no real point unless you’re going for like a cheese bleed death or something
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lolMember Posts: 488 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited March 12
    nevermind i'm a dummy
  • VenderVender Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I'm confused. As Tekura monk, it takes 9 hits to a limb to damage one but only 8 hits to the torso to break it on a target with 6310 max hp. Does SDK do more damage than other kicks or something?
    it's frustration that creates desire
    not the other way around
    unless you let it
    baby, I'll let it
  • LavandaLavanda Member Posts: 24 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Vender said:
    I'm confused. As Tekura monk, it takes 9 hits to a limb to damage one but only 8 hits to the torso to break it on a target with 6310 max hp. Does SDK do more damage than other kicks or something?
    Monk attacks don't do flat 1 or 2 damage, but rather oddly specific amounts which vary depending on which limb you're hitting. I'm no expert, but purely as an example, a hit might do 0.98 limb damage instead of 1. If I remember right, SDK does indeed do the most limb damage of all of tekura's kicks, besides axe kick on a prone target obviously. Unfortunately I don't have any of these precise values written down, but surely others do.
  • ArmaliArmali Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    That is hilariously obtuse. I wonder if it's tied in some way to the actual damage formula, since, at least in Aetolia, sdk did the most health damage out of all the kicks and it was one of the oldest unchanged class designs so I wouldn't be surprised if it was similar.
  • PenwizePenwize Member Posts: 1,555 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    SDK does more limb damage than other kicks, UCP does more limb damage than other punches.

    Limb damage is a closely guarded trade secret, so I can't explain any more without violating my NDA.
    Maccabeus
  • KeorinKeorin Member Posts: 759 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited May 4
    So, psion now has a built in momentum reset window, I guess?

    For a class that seems to have generally slower momentum options, having a window for a limb class to wait for and run seems odd, to me.
  • GilliamGilliam Member Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Keorin said:
    So, psion now has a built in momentum reset window, I guess?

    For a class that seems to have generally slower momentum options, having a window for a limb class to wait for and run seems odd, to me.
    I don't think it was the best way to balance the ability but it is something you can work around with leg breaks or entangle or all the various prones. I'd personally have preferred either losing the adjacent or lowering the proc chance but it's not as though it's not workable. The way the cooldown currently functions seems like it's probably a bug tho but that's not really related.
  • KeorinKeorin Member Posts: 759 @ - Epic Achaean
    Does arti lash level effect flay speed, at all?
  • MizikMizik Member Posts: 2,128 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    No. Only dex affects flay.

    Lash stats only affect weaponry attacks and garrote.
    image
  • DathrunDathrun Member Posts: 13
    What all classes “require” artifacs? I put require in quotes because I have trouble believing they were made to need artifacts.
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 1,938 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited June 20
    Every class can kill just fine without artifacts. Dual-cutting might be one of the only tricky ones, really. A lot of the times it really depends on who/what you're fighting. Gonna be hard to force people to sip as a 2-hander for instance, if they're super artifacted and you have nothing.

    There are a handful like Sylvan/Occultist whose kill windows and margin of error increase rather noticeably with artifacts, though (Diadem, primarily). Would have said Priest until recently when they got changed.

    Dathrun
  • DathrunDathrun Member Posts: 13
    Great... I am dual cutting
    Numira
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 2,466 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Dathrun said:
    Great... I am dual cutting
    Dual cutting can do ok, if you are infernal you can get by just fine against most in 1v1, honestly save up for level 1 scims and that will be enough, it’s just the crucial speed jump from forged to level 1s that make a big difference in affliction pressure IMO. You can spec con but you are tanky enough to spec strength though so don’t be afraid to do that.


    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Taryius says, "Oops, thats not a foray. Thats two novices going at it in the wilderness."
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,940 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Minifie said:
    Dathrun said:
    Great... I am dual cutting
    Dual cutting can do ok, if you are infernal you can get by just fine against most in 1v1, honestly save up for level 1 scims and that will be enough, it’s just the crucial speed jump from forged to level 1s that make a big difference in affliction pressure IMO. You can spec con but you are tanky enough to spec strength though so don’t be afraid to do that.
    The major issue with unartefacted Knight is the lack of strength. That impacts how much damage your disembowel does, but also how much damage you're doing in the build-up to disembowel, so one of your main methods of killing can be pretty ineffective if you're fighting somebody with a lot of artefacts and/or damage reduction. It's worst for Infernal, because they have neither the added strength of Inspiration or the increased disembowel damage from Lagua.

    There are obviously non-disembowel kill routes (especially for Infernal), but having disembowel as an option is always good, and that being taken away can negatively impact your ability to punish choices your opponent makes.
  • FarrahFarrah Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 2,527 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I fought for a while on an alt as 12 str snb paladin (so I could con spec for defense) and didn't mind it. Obviously you're going exclusively for damnation at that point, but that's doable. I'd say the same for exclusively vivisect + occasionally impatience locks as infernal.

    I agree that having more options is better, but I don't think it's really necessary.

    Pyori said:
    Every class can kill just fine without artifacts. Dual-cutting might be one of the only tricky ones, really. A lot of the times it really depends on who/what you're fighting. Gonna be hard to force people to sip as a 2-hander for instance, if they're super artifacted and you have nothing.

    There are a handful like Sylvan/Occultist whose kill windows and margin of error increase rather noticeably with artifacts, though (Diadem, primarily). Would have said Priest until recently when they got changed.
    As a high tier combatant, I'm skeptical of unartied priest. The speed hit without an artie mace (or lack of limb breaks if you use smash) is pretty noticeable. I haven't ever tried actually fighting as it without artie mace, only testing, but I'd be surprised if I could beat particularly good opponents at that speed. That's in addition to having slower sap, inquisition, dazzle, sloth, and fasting too because no diadem.

    It can still "kill just fine" if your target is just standing there or whatever but I think its slowness would stick out in a competitive fight.
  • DathrunDathrun Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for the info.
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 1,938 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Farrah said:
    As a high tier combatant, I'm skeptical of unartied priest.
    To clarify, it was more "previously I would have definitely said they needed them, now I'm not sure." - I don't know some of the 'new' speeds on the attacks.

  • McdougallMcdougall Member Posts: 8
    Does drag in skirmishing set off traps? If so, does it trigger the trap on leaving, or entrance into the new room, or both?
  • LyrinLyrin Member Posts: 192 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited July 5
    Forced movement, including drag, will hit the trap on the entrance of the room in which the target lands.
    SobriquetMcdougall
  • ShreknornShreknorn Member Posts: 4
    What affliction classes are also somewhat good at hunting? I do not need to be as good as a knight, but would like some aff pressure, and cannot put money into artifacts, so will have to be able to hunt for them.

  • GrorGror Member Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Shreknorn said:
    What affliction classes are also ksomewhat good at hunting? I do not need to be as good as a knight, but would like some aff pressure, and cannot put money into artifacts, so will have to be able to hunt for them.

    Shaman has pretty great bashing. Beefy, fast balances, good damage. 
    Shreknorn
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 1,938 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Shaman likely fits the bill the best. Sylvan is great as well if you don't mind being limited to being Eleusian/Rogue.
    Ditto for Priest (Targossas/Rogue?)

    Shreknorn
  • ShreknornShreknorn Member Posts: 4
    How much scripting is needed for each of those? I will not use more than basic triggers/macros 
Sign In to Comment.