We Draw Our Characters

Comments

• This was as far as I got before I facepalmed enough to just say screw it and scrap it. All you artsy people and your skills. Pah I say.
  • I see a wunjo and no nairat!!! What is this madness.

(It's pretty awesome, @Sholen!)
     <3 
  • RyldaghRyldagh Ontario, Canada
    Daklore said:
    So... I got myself a wacom tablet for Christmas... because I've wanted one for like ten years. I'm not really a -great- drawererer, but I like to draw, so... this was the result of me sort of screwing around, trying to get a feel for drawing with a tablet instead of pencil/pen and paper.

It's not amazing... and yes, I have always pictured Daklore as having stubby horns instead of massive goat horns.. I'm weird, so what! (not actually sure his eye colour is green, but, we'll roll with it, I don't even know if I wrote in eye colour in his description...) And yes, i know... the eyes are wonky. I've never been good at lining up eyes D: (my hands are worse. Far far worse.) And it's got wonky colouring and brushes used because I was... literally, playing around and seeing what I could do. Also, I think that ear is too high... D: Definitely too high
    Funny.

I always pictured Daklore as a really tall gnome.

• edited December 2016
    If I'd said something about romance novels I'd understand the salt. Either way I recognize the unpopular opinion that 'Western' art is nice or that differences in taste exist. 

I was thinking more along the lines of: 

I'll also concede that my post was pretty low effort. I looked through the first few pages of this thread after posting again and I see plenty of different styles to appreciate. 
  • Oh right.. Robert Jordan style... Hmm let's see.

• People honestly draw in the style they are familiar and comfortable with. As you can see above, I am terrible at western style, and you'll probably find with the evolution of pop culture most people will be more at ease with cartoonish styles (as it's more familiar, much easier and there are more tutorials for them).

I am not directly pointing fun at you, but more of the culture of fantasy novels where a vast majority has beautiful women in them with no flaws, or a single flaw that's not actually a flaw and the overcome it or turn it into a positive and OMG EVERYONE FALLS IN LOVE WITH HER.

• Ryldagh said:
    Daklore said:
    So... I got myself a wacom tablet for Christmas... because I've wanted one for like ten years. I'm not really a -great- drawererer, but I like to draw, so... this was the result of me sort of screwing around, trying to get a feel for drawing with a tablet instead of pencil/pen and paper.

It's not amazing... and yes, I have always pictured Daklore as having stubby horns instead of massive goat horns.. I'm weird, so what! (not actually sure his eye colour is green, but, we'll roll with it, I don't even know if I wrote in eye colour in his description...) And yes, i know... the eyes are wonky. I've never been good at lining up eyes D: (my hands are worse. Far far worse.) And it's got wonky colouring and brushes used because I was... literally, playing around and seeing what I could do. Also, I think that ear is too high... D: Definitely too high
    Funny.

I always pictured Daklore as a really tall gnome.
    And I always pictured Ryldagh as a really short shadow elf.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • RyldaghRyldagh Ontario, Canada
    @Daklore Well he is a Depthswalker now... which means he has shadows and time-magic...

Ryldagh Auvryneld?

• edited March 2017

HEY LOOK SOMETHING THAT ISN'T A DOLLMAKER OR ANIME CHARACTER GENERATOR

Lineart for my commissions are done. Working on colour now.

I really recommend the artist! Full body, full color for $10 and half-body full color for $7.50, and good quality to boot.

• first thing I thought:
    Image result for arthas
  • I definitely admit that I love glowy rune swords and that may or may not have been inspired by WotLK. But the design of it was actually entirely up to the artist; I just gave them "an ominous, rune-etched bastard sword" and told them to go nuts, same with the armour.

Once they had the lineart in, I used what they drew as a base to write the custom description, which they then colored in.

The pose itself is 100% ripped off from Satsuki Kiryuin.
  • In all fairness my description was directly ripped from my girlfriend's face... :>
  • edited April 2017
    When feet are spread that far apart, they should not be turned inwards like that. It's kinda attention-catching. The knees look kinda dislocated.  :#

Nice picture otherwise.
  • Ryzeth said:
    When feet are spread that far apart, they should not be turned inwards like that. It's kinda attention-catching. The knees look kinda dislocated.  :#

Nice picture otherwise.
    Yeh, way too late to change that now, but minor detail.
  • That was the first thing I noticed, too. Really awkward stance.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    She's just pigeon-toed.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Kayeil said:
    She's just pigeon-toed.
    Wouldn't that be falcon-toed?
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    At least it's not camel-toed but with that uncomfortable looking stance...
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Remilia takes after all mhaldorian women, and is wonderfully Moose knuckled.
  •       
  • Ryzeth said:

Also a common Mhaldorian women heritage.
  • ... Moose knuckled? Dafuq is that?
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • edited April 2017
    Minifie said:
    Kyrra said:
    Remilia takes after all mhaldorian women, and is wonderfully Moose knuckled.

• Oh, oops! I didn't realize this wasn't a place for this. Sorry :blush: I'll post my paint skills someday instead

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    @Ada Eh, people post plenty of these here, so I'd not say it is the wrong place either.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.