Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

We Draw Our Characters

Comments

• AquilAquil Member Posts: 269 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I really get my hopes up everytime I come to this threat thinking people actually -drew- their damned characters. Someone should just make a doll maker thread, then I can actually know and feel excited whenever a real drawing comes up instead of just seeing more doll dress-ups. 
    ReisenExelethrilCelusiaKatsuragi
  • SholenSholen Member Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I can't draw so...
  • AquilAquil Member Posts: 269 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Sholen said:
    I can't draw so...

Quote box hates me. I'm not trying to belittle you or anyone that uses doll makers. But I always get my hopes up expecting a random Yae drawing, or maybe a Saeva chibi doodle or something. I just think we should make a thread for the doll makers, is all.
  • FrederichFrederich Member Posts: 1,243 @ - Epic Achaean
    I put in my commish'd art @Aquil plz no hate me
  • YaeYae Member Posts: 307 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Haha. I actually agree there should be a separate thread for it considering it's a draw thread. Someone should create one! I don't mind either way, though.  :)

Gosh, the expectation, @Aquil. I should get back to drawing relatively soon, though. Just need to get RL sorted a bit before I have the time.  :o
    Art commissions are closed! I am (practically) dormant.   :s
    SaevaOceana
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo DomingoMember Posts: 3,253 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Looks adorable

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

SholenDevvan
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaMember Posts: 5,080 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I was JUST thinking that I missed your pictures today.

Too lovely.
               My wing tips waltz across naive
                     Wood floors they creak
                  Innocently down the stairs

Drag melody
    My percussive feet serve cobweb headaches as a
              Matching set of marching clocks
                The slumbering apparitions
              That they've come to wake up
    Yae
  • BannBann Member Posts: 391 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    That's amazing, @Yae.

• CynlaelCynlael Member Posts: 3,257 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    What even... I want some of whatever this guy's having ^

SholenCelusia
  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 4,356 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Impotence?
    AtalkezSarathai
  • MadenaMadena Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2016

Madena
    ShaydeDevvanIniarAilea
  • ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    That is gorgeous! What software do you use?

Madena
  • MadenaMadena Member Posts: 2
    Oh no, not me.  I am working with zero artistic talent. ;)
    I used an avatar maker.  
    Sholen
  • EheneEhene Member Posts: 92 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    So. I tried this once a while ago and this was the result:

So I tried again, with a different sort of idea in mind. This is the result of my work today.

I don't know. I'm not an artist. Thoughts?

SholenShirszaeJermaineJhaeli
  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 4,356 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited December 2016
    I've been 'playing' 10B wives. Very cute idle game so I am thinking about doing a series of doodles based on the wife types.

Tahquil - Apron wife

AerekExelethrilKyrraBann
  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,795 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    It's Tahq, so all I can picture is American McGee's Alice.

Kyrra
  • JonathinJonathin Grand Rapids, MIMember Posts: 3,323 @@ - Legendary Achaean

Um, he's kind of facing the wrong direction, but whatev. I figured that Mosr needed an update since dragon.

My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!
    Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

BannCelusiaAhmetSkye
    I like how Mosr-dragon is glow in the dark.  =)
    JonathinSkye
    @Daklore - I had a Wacom for a bit. I couldn't get over the disconnect between tablet and screen, though. So wickedly hard for me. I just got an iPad Pro today, though, and got an Apple Pen coming in the mail...bitch better be here Tuesday like the lady said.

@Yae - Know anyone with experience drawing on one of these? Got AstroPad so I can use my Clip Studio with it. Really looking forward to it.

Been a long time since I got to draw for real. Excited to get some pics of Bann up.

edited December 2016
    @Bann

Well, sure, I've used Clip Studio Pro, and enjoyed it. I find it's a good combination between Photoshop and Paint Tool Sai. I also got Tahquil using Clip Studio Pro.

Personally, I use a Wacom Intuos (3 originally, but now Intuos 5. Both more or less work the same). The disconnect between tablet and screen does take some getting used to (if I recall way back when), but it's a matter of dedicated practice. At the moment, I don't use Clip Studio Pro any more. I prefer Paint Tool Sai, but that's a Windows only program. I've been using Parallels (for Windows virtual machine) with my Macbook to deal with the issue, but it's really inconvenient.

I have an iPad 2 or something, but I've never really enjoyed drawing on it, although it's certainly possible. I have done a few drawings on it here and there, but nothing like I would do on a computer and tablet. (I'm sure it's a matter of practice).
    Bann
    @Yae does Photoshop work similarly to How CSP does? Only real catch is that I use a Mac. I had been looking at getting like a Ugee or some other kind of drawing monitor/tablet thing, but costs too much up front. Got the iPad and Apple Pen set up on payments.

edited December 2016
    @Bann

Photoshop is similar, but focuses on photo editing. Clip Studio Pro is mostly meant to draw things, like manga, so the pens/brushes are wide-ranging. I'd use CSP to draw and Photoshop to do any final effects. That said, a good artist would be able to use either (with practice) and still come out with a good end product (more or less). I'm just not really fond of Photoshop's brushes (and too lazy to learn to make custom brushes myself). I use a Mac also.

In regards to those kind of computers, I don't really have any experience with it. I have seen a post on tumblr for cheap Cintiq alternatives here, but since I haven't really tried any out myself I can't say if I recommend any other than the much used, professional brands (I'm sure there are used ones for sale somewhere, haha). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Bann
  • IlessiaIlessia Member Posts: 34
    I'd rather see some Fantasy Novel book cover style art to the countless anime and doll regurgitations that all look the same. 
Sign In to Comment.