We Draw Our Characters

Comments

• That's amazing, @Yae.

• What even... I want some of whatever this guy's having ^

• Impotence?
  • That is gorgeous! What software do you use?

• Oh no, not me.  I am working with zero artistic talent. ;)
    I used an avatar maker.  
  • So. I tried this once a while ago and this was the result:

So I tried again, with a different sort of idea in mind. This is the result of my work today.

I don't know. I'm not an artist. Thoughts?

• edited December 2016
    I've been 'playing' 10B wives. Very cute idle game so I am thinking about doing a series of doodles based on the wife types.

Tahquil - Apron wife

• It's Tahq, so all I can picture is American McGee's Alice.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.

Um, he's kind of facing the wrong direction, but whatev. I figured that Mosr needed an update since dragon.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I like how Mosr-dragon is glow in the dark.  =)
    If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
    Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!
  • @Daklore - I had a Wacom for a bit. I couldn't get over the disconnect between tablet and screen, though. So wickedly hard for me. I just got an iPad Pro today, though, and got an Apple Pen coming in the mail...bitch better be here Tuesday like the lady said.

@Yae - Know anyone with experience drawing on one of these? Got AstroPad so I can use my Clip Studio with it. Really looking forward to it.

Been a long time since I got to draw for real. Excited to get some pics of Bann up.

• YaeYae
    edited December 2016
    @Bann

Well, sure, I've used Clip Studio Pro, and enjoyed it. I find it's a good combination between Photoshop and Paint Tool Sai. I also got Tahquil using Clip Studio Pro.

Personally, I use a Wacom Intuos (3 originally, but now Intuos 5. Both more or less work the same). The disconnect between tablet and screen does take some getting used to (if I recall way back when), but it's a matter of dedicated practice. At the moment, I don't use Clip Studio Pro any more. I prefer Paint Tool Sai, but that's a Windows only program. I've been using Parallels (for Windows virtual machine) with my Macbook to deal with the issue, but it's really inconvenient.

I have an iPad 2 or something, but I've never really enjoyed drawing on it, although it's certainly possible. I have done a few drawings on it here and there, but nothing like I would do on a computer and tablet. (I'm sure it's a matter of practice).
  • @Yae does Photoshop work similarly to How CSP does? Only real catch is that I use a Mac. I had been looking at getting like a Ugee or some other kind of drawing monitor/tablet thing, but costs too much up front. Got the iPad and Apple Pen set up on payments.

• YaeYae
    edited December 2016
    @Bann

Photoshop is similar, but focuses on photo editing. Clip Studio Pro is mostly meant to draw things, like manga, so the pens/brushes are wide-ranging. I'd use CSP to draw and Photoshop to do any final effects. That said, a good artist would be able to use either (with practice) and still come out with a good end product (more or less). I'm just not really fond of Photoshop's brushes (and too lazy to learn to make custom brushes myself). I use a Mac also.

In regards to those kind of computers, I don't really have any experience with it. I have seen a post on tumblr for cheap Cintiq alternatives here, but since I haven't really tried any out myself I can't say if I recommend any other than the much used, professional brands (I'm sure there are used ones for sale somewhere, haha). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • I'd rather see some Fantasy Novel book cover style art to the countless anime and doll regurgitations that all look the same. 
  • Covers for books 1 through 4 please!
  • Is that meant to be a skirt or granny panties? Or does Skye just have a blue ass?
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    it's anything you want bb