Itinerant Bazaar #1-4 April-May 2016

Comments

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Thanks to @Garis for figuring the game out with the deck of cards.

FIRST CHALLENGER
    ----------------
    PUSH DECK (to restart)
    PULL DECK <rock/paper/scissors/lizard/sock>
    POINT DECK AT <challenger #2>
    GIVE DECK TO <challenger #2>

SECOND CHALLENGER
    -------------------
    PULL DECK <rock/paper/scissors/lizard/sock>
    POINT DECK AT <challenger #1>

That reveals who the winner is. PUSH DECK to start over again.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Ahmet said:
    Kayeil said:
    Jurixe said:
    What about the runestones?
    You shake the sack, sit down, and drop it on the ground. Runic symbols show up in different orders and positions. There's a manuscript in New Thera that explains what they mean. I haven't read it all yet. Just made a copy to read later. If someone has checked it out then you have to wait for the manuscript to come back to the library.
    I -just- checked it in, so you lot better run for it!
    Can you pastebin your copy?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

Sarathai said:
    Ahmet said:
    Kayeil said:
    Jurixe said:
    What about the runestones?
    You shake the sack, sit down, and drop it on the ground. Runic symbols show up in different orders and positions. There's a manuscript in New Thera that explains what they mean. I haven't read it all yet. Just made a copy to read later. If someone has checked it out then you have to wait for the manuscript to come back to the library.
    I -just- checked it in, so you lot better run for it!
    Can you pastebin your copy?
          Large, crisp pages of an off-white tint are captured and bound within the 
    leather cover of this manuscript. The material is firm and durable, carefully oiled 
    and preserved to protect the words within, and the fine stitching along the edges 
    further secures its value.
          It is entitled "Runes, Fortunes, and You: Special Edition" and it has multiple 
    authors.
    It weighs about 5 pounds.
    This manuscript has writing on the following pages:
    1-35

You can take it to Mydoin in New Thera and ask them to make you a copy, just read the sign. Cost like 8k I think.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    The painting of shifting surfaces does not work on ship housing rooms at present. Hopefully that'll get fixed soon 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/659961f9

The descriptions are a work of art themselves.
    Shirszae said:
    The painting of shifting surfaces does not work on ship housing rooms at present. Hopefully that'll get fixed soon 
    Yeah definitely bugged. You have to PULL it also to pick it up. The reaction you get acts like you can't pick it up, but you can.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Shirszae said:
    Mine got stuck at Centre Crossing, fixed like 60 seconds later. Then bugged that they were non-decay (oops, my bad guys). Fixed almost immediately. Shouldn't take too long!
    Huh. Neat.
  • Shirszae said:
    Reportedly drops from your inventory on QQ, too.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

Just tried to take one of the statues out of my knapsack.

A statue of Castomira Brangwin does not belong to you, and looks quite heavy besides, and so you 
    decide to leave it be.

It moved out of my knapsack and into the room. Second item I've gotten stuck at CC! Woot! On a roll!
    Huh. Neat.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Good to know they can't be picked unless you are the owner, though.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited April 2016
    drop painting
    You find yourself incapable of placing a painting of shifting surfaces here, try 
    placing it within a house?

A warm sitting room (indoors).
    A stone fireplace sits in the wall. A multitude of oars dip into the waters, 
    propelling a warship across the waters in a polished green bottle. A sigil in the 
    shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A nebulous water weird is 
    here. A couch with a covering of ivory velvet is here. An ivory marble table 
    sitting near a couch with a covering of ivory velvet is here. A chair with a 
    covering of ivory velvet sitting close by a couch with a covering of ivory velvet 
    is here.
    You see a single exit leading east.

T_T

edit: also how do I use the horseshoes? Supposedly you can put ribbons on them?

pull 422832
    You see no ribbon to pull off from a decorative horseshoe.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Whoever wrote the runecasting manuscript DEFINITELY wrote it on 4/20.
  • ...sock?
    Kez said:
    ...sock?
    Because they couldn't make the OOC reference IG.

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, SPOCK! Woo!

Kiet said:
    Ahmet said:
    Shirszae said:
    Mine got stuck at Centre Crossing, fixed like 60 seconds later. Then bugged that they were non-decay (oops, my bad guys). Fixed almost immediately. Shouldn't take too long!
    what could possibly possess you to go 'hey this cool item is nondecay please nerf it'
    I wanted to know whether or not it was intended so I knew if I wanted to keep it :(
    Huh. Neat.
  • You're the kid that goes 'hey teacher recess ended 15 minutes ago we should get back to class' when the teacher is distracted, aren't you :(
    Kiet said:
    You're the kid that goes 'hey teacher recess ended 15 minutes ago we should get back to class' when the teacher is distracted, aren't you :(
    No :(
    Huh. Neat.
    Message #10         Sent by Dalinor
          4/30/4:19 Greetings! Regarding your issue #76112: Yes, unfortunately, due to 
    their special nature and function, the furnishing items cannot be dropped in 
    stockrooms to be sold. Please let us know if you have any further questions via ISSUE 
    ME!

Before that they said they can only be hung in housing rooms, sooooo.... you have to non-decay, let it decay, or sell it on market channel depending on what you want to do with it. The paintings, that is.

Kayeil said:
    Message #10         Sent by Dalinor
          4/30/4:19 Greetings! Regarding your issue #76112: Yes, unfortunately, due to 
    their special nature and function, the furnishing items cannot be dropped in 
    stockrooms to be sold. Please let us know if you have any further questions via ISSUE 
    ME!

Before that they said they can only be hung in housing rooms, sooooo.... you have to non-decay, let it decay, or sell it on market channel depending on what you want to do with it. The paintings, that is.
    Well they're 200 months, so you have plenty of time to do so!
    Huh. Neat.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
       vase777777          a striated glass vase

p vase
    Fat-bottomed like a ...

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Does anyone know what the colognes look like when worn?
  • Does anyone have the description for the vial or the kraken figurehead?
  •  a sanguine dogwood vial

This short and wide vial is carved from the bright timber of a dogwood tree and treated to allow the natural essence of the vernal season to shine through. Sealed behind a thick layer of clear lacquer, a multitude of dainty, white native blossoms decorate the crimson surface of the wooden container, proudly displaying the vibrant florescence of eternal spring.

a terrifying kraken figurehead

Thick tentacles writhe around the darkened form of a monstrous kraken, chiselled to life-like perfection from a block of solid teak. Polished to a high sheen, this nightmarish figurehead details the miniaturised appearance of the underwater creature down to the smallest incision; vicious chitinous barbs stab from a rigid scaled fin behind its misshapen head and run down the flailing lengths of eight sinewy limbs, each equipped with viscous suckers the size of saucers. Reminiscient of a massive raptor's beak, a baleful maw protrudes from the draconic skull of the kraken and sits beneath a pair of inky eyes that seethes at its surroundings with sheer predatory malice.

• Typo submitted. It's supposed to be rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Rispok.
  • Kayeil said:
    What'd ya get, what'd ya see? Not entirely 100% sure if my list is complete, but it's pretty darn close. This is from Bazaar #1!

Ordruin, a troll leatherworker says, "Ah! Let me show you what I have!"
            pouch251446 a desert-hide gallimaufry pouch                22    1000gp

Quaen'a says, "Ah! Let me show you what I have!"
           mirror137430 an antique standing mirror                     11   12000gp
              fan430069 a glittering amethyst silk fan                 23    3000gp
           statue186036 a statue of Castomira Brangwin                 13   15000gp
         tapestry420597 an heirloom tapestry                           16    8000gp

Lindire, the woodcarver says, "Ah! Let me show you what I have!"
           sticks157557 delicate plum blossom hairsticks               20    1100gp

Anyone looking to make a profit on any of these, I am highly motivated. Let me know!

These are the new items from the Bazaar #2 I saw, did I miss any?

Vial244896 a golden-hued willow vial                     

Statue461402        a statue of Parni deSangre.

Checked my log, that's all that changed this time.

• KezKez
    edited April 2016
    Super happy. Got my hair sticks. Got resetting immediately.
    I forced myself to stay awake all night for this. Girls and accessories, right?