Itinerant Bazaar #1-4 April-May 2016

1235»

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Trey said:
    How do you transform the decks? I tried the basic commands that worked on the changing hues one and nothing.
    Touch it. It'll transform to whatever race you are (except dragon).
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ohhhh, got you. Neat, thanks. (Traitor)

• edited May 2016
    Can you revert it?

Btw : 
    a dusty leather deck depicting a wiry mhun

A gloomy leather deck depicting a wiry mhun, has been discarded here and is gathering dust.

Dark blue leather, held together by uneven stitching and marred by scuff marks along the edges, still serves as the body of a perfectly functional tarot deck. The colour fades in spots as the ages of collected dust stubbornly refuse removal, creating a natural frame for a stitched portrait of a masculine mhun in the cover's centre. A yellow shield rests strapped tightly to his back, his hands occupied with the reins of his golden gryphon mount as it soars on the winds. Surrounding the central figure are a variety of significantly smaller portraits, the characters captivated within them glowing softly.

edited May 2016
    Deck descriptions:

an unblemished deck of twelve races

Designed to look simple, this tarot deck is made of ordinary leather. An assortment of portraits has 
    been carefully sketched onto the front of the deck, depicting twelve distinct races. Through an 
    unseen force, the images continuously shift position at a placid rhythm, one glowing slightly 
    brighter than the others. Although small, the figures clearly depict the characteristic shapes of an 
    atavian, dwarf, grook, horkval, human, mhun, rajamala, satyr, siren, troll, Tsol'aa and xoran.
    This item may receive emblazon.
    It has 150 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 2 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Lindire, the woodcarver (a denizen).
    An unblemished deck of twelve races is holding:

a dusty leather deck depicting a wiry mhun

Dark blue leather, held together by uneven stitching and marred by scuff marks along the edges, 
    still serves as the body of a perfectly functional tarot deck. The colour fades in spots as the ages 
    of collected dust stubbornly refuse removal, creating a natural frame for a stitched portrait of a 
    masculine mhun in the cover's centre. A yellow shield rests strapped tightly to his back, his hands 
    occupied with the reins of his golden gryphon mount as it soars on the winds. Surrounding the 
    central figure are a variety of significantly smaller portraits, the characters captivated within 
    them glowing softly.
    It weighs 12 ounce(s).
    A dusty leather deck depicting a wiry mhun is holding:

an ancient silken deck depicting a lean Tsol'aa

Deepest green silk cradles the contents of this tarot deck, smooth to the touch despite tiny cracks 
    showing its age. A delicately embroidered frame outlines the form of a handsome Tsol'aa seated upon 
    a tree stump, her wavy black hair tied into a loose ponytail while twin bone-handled scimitars lay 
    against her side. The surrounding forest fades into the painting's edges, individual trees lacking 
    specific definition as they drift into the background. Surrounding the central figure are a variety 
    of significantly smaller portraits, the characters captivated within them glowing softly.
    It weighs 12 ounce(s).
    An ancient silken deck depicting a lean Tsol'aa is holding:

a leather deck covered in fur depicting a sly rajamala

A thick layer of black fur covers this deck, except in the centre where the treated leather is still 
    visible. On this smooth surface, a powerful cat-like creature has been drawn with masterful 
    precision. Covered in tawny orange fur from head to toe and only wearing a black, hooded robe, this 
    powerful rajamala appears to be of respectable age but no less imposing. Demonic creatures are 
    visible behind him, seemingly obliging their master and ready to strike. Wreathed in rising, thick 
    mists that appear alarmingly ravenous, a confident and malicious smirk lines the lips of the 
    deceivingly simple dressed conjurer. Surrounding the central figure are a variety of significantly 
    smaller portraits, the characters captivated within them glowing softly.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 6 ounce(s).
    A leather deck covered in fur depicting a sly rajamala is holding:

a flawless deck depicting a devoted human

Carved from a single block of ivory and polished to a shiny gleam, this tarot deck bears an embossed 
    frame upon its face encircling the lacquered image of a human clothed in golden robes. She stands 
    with head bowed, a flame-wreathed mace held high over her head and an opened narrow book in her 
    other hand. Behind her hovers the ghostly image of a guardian angel, determination writ upon her 
    ethereal face. Surrounding the central figure are a variety of significantly smaller portraits, the 
    characters captivated within them glowing softly.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 2 ounce(s).
    A flawless deck depicting a devoted human is holding:

a rock-hewn deck depicting a burly troll

Hewn from solid granite, this extraordinarily heavy tarot deck perfectly matches the huge troll 
    dominating the cover within the chiseled frame. His hulking form stoops to fit the confines of the 
    picture, broad shoulders brushing against the edges and straining as if to shatter the enclosing 
    rock. A look of scowling determination and focus covers his face, lit from below by the globe of 
    elemental fire barely contained between his hands. Surrounding the central figure are a variety of 
    significantly smaller portraits, carved masterfully into the hard surface, the characters captivated 
    within them glowing softly.
    It has 148 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 4 pounds and 6 ounce(s).
    A rock-hewn deck depicting a burly troll is holding:

an exquisite, velvet-covered deck depicting a beautiful siren

The stunning creature, skilfully drawn upon the velvet-covered deck, is portrayed in the most 
    alluring fashion, but without particular feature that can be labelled as responsible, so ethereal is 
    her beauty. Velveteen robes of silver and platinum clad the siren's beguiling form, her elegant 
    appearance barely concealing an obsidian dagger clutched in her left hand. Surrounding the central 
    figure are a variety of significantly smaller portraits, the characters captivated within them 
    glowing softly.
    It weighs 14 ounce(s).
    An exquisite, velvet-covered deck depicting a beautiful siren is holding:

a weightless, velvet deck depicting a soaring atavian

Crushed azure velvet covers this nearly weightless deck, rendering it flexible and exceptionally 
    soft. Stitched onto the front, a large image of a fearless atavian cuts through the clouds, diving 
    earthwards. Her slender arms follow the lines of her tanned body, with a lash ending in a cruel 
    steel barb in one hand, and a long dirk with a serrated edge in the other. The woman's grey-blue 
    wings stretch to their full span, casting an imposing shadow on the landscape below. Glowing softly 
    by means of silvered thread, smaller portraits of winged figures frame the central portrait and 
    trail to adorn the back of this card holder.
    It weighs 8 ounce(s).
    A weightless, velvet deck depicting a soaring atavian is holding:

a sturdy leather deck depicting a stout dwarf

An inlaid iron frame dominates the face of this tough, leather deck. Within stands a hardy, muscular 
    dwarf hefting a huge warhammer nearly as large as himself, his bare chest rippling with tense 
    readiness. Thick orange hair sweeps down from his head into a broad braid laying across his shoulder 
    and matching the one woven from his beard. Surrounding the central figure are a variety of 
    significantly smaller portraits, the characters captivated within them glowing softly.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 14 ounce(s).
    A sturdy leather deck depicting a stout dwarf is holding:

a simple wooden deck depicting a studious grook

The featured portrait at this deck's heart resembles a frog-like man. Emerald green features are 
    clearly visible from beneath the dark cowl of the turqoise robes that drape about the hunched image. 
    A keen intelligence radiates from the grook's large, bulbous eyes, his ever-undivided attention on a 
    thick manuscript that rests before him. Caught mid page turn, translucent webbing is evident between 
    the scholar's long fingers. Surrounding the central figure are a variety of significantly smaller 
    portraits, the characters captivated within them glowing softly.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 1 ounce(s).
    A simple wooden deck depicting a studious grook is holding:

a polished leather deck depicting a fearsome horkval warrior

An almost palpable aura of confidence surrounds the warrior depicted in the centre of this enchanted 
    deck, as she stands guard over the entrance to a hive in the background. Her face bears an 
    expression of focus and her twin antennae are held alert as the horkval awaits danger. Providing 
    protection against natural foes, the feature's entire body is covered in a flawless, dark crimson 
    carapace, and, making the guardian a force to be reckoned with, she firmly grips a grooved, steel 
    spear. Heavy polish grants the device a glossy, shell-like shine. Surrounding the central figure are 
    a variety of significantly smaller portraits, the characters captivated within them glowing softly.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 8 ounce(s).
    A polished leather deck depicting a fearsome horkval warrior is holding:

a stiff leather deck depicting an adventurous satyr

Standing proudly within a large portrait at the centre of this deck is the image of a noble satyr. 
    Two gigantic, curly horns sprout from the depiction's forehead, spiralling several full cycles 
    before ending in sharp points. Reminiscent of a large goat, the lower body is covered in coarse, 
    auburn hair and his legs bulge with powerful muscles. Adorning his burly frame is a heavy suit of 
    ringmail, while specially tailored boots cover his cloven hooves. Thick hands rest upon phial-belted 
    hips and the alchemist's wide grin portrays a rogue-ish, reckless enjoyment of his profession. 
    Surrounding the central figure are a variety of significantly smaller portraits, the characters 
    captivated within them glowing softly.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 0 ounce(s).
    A stiff leather deck depicting an adventurous satyr is holding:

a scaled deck depicting a fire-breathing xoran

Covered in a protective layer of multitudinal scaling, this deck features all the colours of the 
    natural spectrum and affords it a fantastical appearance. Painted upon a large white scale that 
    features central upon the device's face, a massive xoran stands proudly, snorting a gout of fire 
    from his flared nostrils. Whilst the depiction wields no weapon, the gleam of polished steel upon 
    his powerful fists promises pain to his foes. Surrounding the showcased figure are a variety of 
    significantly smaller portraits, the characters captivated within them glowing softly.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 3 ounce(s).
    A scaled deck depicting a fire-breathing xoran is holding:

Huh. Neat.
  • anyone have a 'how to' for the vase? Is it just a pretty vase you can put in a 'well-appointed estate' and throw flowers into it?

Anaidiana said:
    anyone have a 'how to' for the vase? Is it just a pretty vase you can put in a 'well-appointed estate' and throw flowers into it?

If you PULL it in certain areas, you can fill its two halves with different things for different environments. Seashells for beach, gravel for freshwater.
    Huh. Neat.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    And desert for sand!

I did a bunch of testing in other environments, came up nada, but those three all work.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • don't know if anyone posted this, tl;dr, but this is too cute to not post more times.....well done, Garden Design Gnomes

push 297301 to seraya
    You push an adolescent racing snail gently towards Seraya, and the snail looks up curiously at both 
    of you, as if waiting for a response.

Seraya nods her head in agreement.
    An adolescent racing snail looks at you.

You nod your head in agreement.
    An adolescent racing snail oozes towards Seraya, settling at her feet, ready to race.

Seraya gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Masqued Dancer Seraya Sar'vet Saer'rac, Wandering Flame says in a smooth contralto voice, "Okay, 
    these may be the most adorable thing ever."

Seraya drops an adolescent racing snail.

Seraya drops an adolescent racing snail.

You drop a chequered snail racing pennon.

As a chequered snail racing pennon hits the ground, the air grows tense in anticipation of a snail 
    race.

5 ... 

4 ... 

3 ... 

2 ... 

1 ... 

At the commencement of the race, the snails begin to slough furiously towards the designated finish 
    area!

Seraya grins smugly as her snail gains a lot of distance toward the finish.
    Seraya gasps in elation as she realises that her snail is currently in the LEAD!

Seraya must be cheating, so quickly is her snail moving toward the destination.

Astonishingly, Seraya's snail seems to be very slowly headed in the right direction! Curses!

Astonishingly, Seraya's snail seems to be very slowly headed in the right direction! Curses!

Seraya must be cheating, so quickly is her snail moving toward the destination.

A thug strides in from the north, glaring at his surroundings.

Seraya grins smugly as her snail gains a lot of distance toward the finish.
    Seraya throws her hands triumphantly in the air as her snail crosses the finish line.
    Seraya's snail has finished in FIRST PLACE!!

You give an enthusiastic "Huzzah!" at the top of your voice, pumping your arms in the air.

You pluck a chequered snail racing pennon from the ground.

Seraya attempts to stifle her amusement but cannot help laughing aloud.

• Kez said:
    I tend to put interesting things in a shop and, as they sit there, my affection/interest in those things goes up or down and the price adjusts accordingly. I still adore and can't yet part with my hourglass, though several have attempted (three different people have offered 250-300 credits). I don't know why I don't just either get it resetting already or accept one of the ridiculous offers.

*Barrier to people who aren't collectors thing: It's a real pain in the ass but people who aren't serious about it will often buy something because they can afford it and then go nah, and send a message wanting a refund. I try to be an all-sales-are-final hardass but more often than not I'll give them their gold back, even though they've made the item start to decay. When it costs upwards of a quarter million gold, they think harder before buying and it almost never happens.

I usually give my stuff out as gifts and price them in the shop for an unreasonable amount just to prevent a run on the items. Im only ancillarily interested in selling them. Although quite often what happens is people don't realize I've given them something rare or valuable until it decays and they try to replace it.  I've taken to telling people I've given them something valuable (crass as it is) rather then have it decay on them and then realize that it was a one of a kind/rare/difficult to replace item.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Knew they had different numbers, but didn't realize they had different pictures on their racing insignias. I like the little skull one!

An adolescent racing snail sits here, ready for the racing pennon to drop, bearing his racing insignia, a blue chevron proudly displaying his racing number 60.
    An adolescent racing snail sits here, ready for the racing pennon to drop, bearing his racing insignia, a teal skull proudly displaying his racing number 14.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Did anyone ever figure out if there was a way to transform the decks back? Or is that answer simply that you can't, because once you touch it, it's no longer unblemished?
    Kasya said:
    Did anyone ever figure out if there was a way to transform the decks back? Or is that answer simply that you can't, because once you touch it, it's no longer unblemished?
    Admin confirmed that you can't revert them to their original form.
    Huh. Neat.
  • ah well, that's disappointing
    Tahquil said:
    ah well, that's disappointing
    Quite so.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Not for me. Mine is still untouched

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Not for me. Mine is still untouched
    I have a few untouched too.. woohoo!

• edited May 2016
    In the next bazaar can we have it be true pop up shops with one denizen per room where we can just check WARES and BUY <ITEM> instead of having to try to figure out the names of the denizen in the room and ASK <denizen> WARES and BUY <item> FROM <denizen with an apostrophe in their name>. There is so much spam with people walking around and getting gold out it was a pain in the ass trying to figure out the people's names and what they sold. 
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I think it had to do with the purchasing limits they have in place?