Itinerant Bazaar #1-4 April-May 2016

KayeilKayeil Washington State
edited April 2016 in North of Thera
What'd ya get, what'd ya see? Not entirely 100% sure if my list is complete, but it's pretty darn close. This is from Bazaar #1!

Ordruin, a troll leatherworker says, "Ah! Let me show you what I have!"
     scabbard273182 a battle-scarred scabbard of aged leather      21    1400gp
     knapsack449460 a mottled frog's head knapsack                 23    1200gp
      cleaver299962 a leather and bone cleaver                     25    1500gp
        pouch251446 a desert-hide gallimaufry pouch                22    1000gp
         drum395991 a mahogany and black leather ritual drum       19    4500gp
To buy something, BUY <thing> FROM Ordruin.

Kelath, keeper of the beasts says, "Ah! Let me show you what I have!"
        llama135425 a russet llama                                  9   50000gp
          yak129525 a great horned yak                             10   70000gp
       ticket424544 a square red ticket for the first Itinerant   498   20000gp
To buy something, BUY <thing> FROM Kelath.

Xamunae says, "Ah! Let me show you what I have!"
         bead260684 a platinum bead of an ostentatious perfume     39     800gp
         bead367547 a small bead of blueberry perfume              39     800gp
         bead367646 a cologne bead of whiskey and oak              39     800gp
         bead367075 a wooden bead of the cologne of the hunt       40     800gp
To buy something, BUY <thing> FROM Xamunae.

Quaen'a says, "Ah! Let me show you what I have!"
       mirror137430 an antique standing mirror                     11   12000gp
          fan430069 a glittering amethyst silk fan                 23    3000gp
        shovel67956 a decomposing arm shovel                       40    2500gp
      shipaxe164168 a scrimshaw ship's axe                         25    3500gp
                    Dmg: 130;  To-hit: 130;  Spd: 200
       statue186036 a statue of Castomira Brangwin                 13   15000gp
     tapestry420597 an heirloom tapestry                           16    8000gp
         vase420114 a striated glass vase                          36    4000gp
    horseshoe290278 a decorative horseshoe                         39    2500gp
To buy something, BUY <thing> FROM Quaen'a.

Therine says, "Ah! Let me show you what I have!"
         sack394907 a rough sack of carved rune stones             28    4500gp
        spire407368 a Golgothan Spire game                         39    3500gp
         deck299766 a deck of coloured game cards                  38    3500gp
         rope427230 a wickedly-barbed jumprope with blackened bo   40    2500gp
        snail401222 a baby racing snail                            19   25000gp
       pennon193569 a chequered snail racing pennon                20   10000gp
      platter296594 a covered silver serving platter               30    3500gp
To buy something, BUY <thing> FROM Therine.

Lindire, the woodcarver says, "Ah! Let me show you what I have!"
         vial287062 a sanguine dogwood vial                        50     550gp
      journal365926 an exotic marquetry journal                    17   10000gp
       sticks157557 delicate plum blossom hairsticks               20    1100gp
   figurehead108970 a terrifying kraken figurehead                 20   15000gp
         deck179637 an unblemished deck of twelve races            17    5500gp
      picture131326 a painting of shifting surfaces                20    9000gp
To buy something, BUY <thing> FROM Lindire.

This is the mount being raffled off at all of the Bazaars this time around:

Indicating a soft patch of skin that can serve as a comfortable seat, the leather on the gargantuan kongamato's neck is a lone island of amber within a sea of sepia. Two muscly arms extend from the great reptile's bulk, spanning the length of  the thin membranes serving as wings, protected by razor-sharp claws ever pointing forwards. Ivory teeth line the jaws of the beast, a pointed tongue slithering between the molars as the creature's sapphire eyes dart to and fro, paired with the flaring of the hide circling his nose. A trail of alabaster spikes line the length of the tail, the appendage culminating into a moss-coloured leaf to fool unwary prey.
A fearsome kongamato is quite powerful.
He has 100% health remaining.
He weighs about 281 pounds.
His feedbag is nearly empty! He will starve very soon without food.
He is mountable as a legendary steed.
He is loyal to Kayeil.
A fearsome kongamato is holding:
Nothing.

Anything you want to see closer? Have questions about how something works? Post here! I know I'm still trying to figure out the card game.  :p
What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

Comments

• Are the snails minipets? Mine says it is loyal to me, but not that it will reset.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Qwyn said:
    Are the snails minipets? Mine says it is loyal to me, but not that it will reset.
    Asked about those to the denizen who sold them. They can't be made resetting or non-decay. They will inevitably die. They are bound to you for their life span. They can be killed. If they are racing and someone tries to interfere it will run back to you. The merchant said in the future they'll see about selling similar things if they're popular enough.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Who nabbed the runecasting journal first?
    Huh. Neat.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    No love for baldrics. That makes me sad :(

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Does the painting have any reactions? And what is the serving platter for?
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Platter and sticks. Can someone share more info? Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase?
  • I want the hairsticks and journal...

I talked about platter in the What happened thread, @Jurixe!
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited April 2016
    Yeah I missed out on the hairsticks and journals this time.  I went to the leatherworker first and wasn't totally sold.

The axe,  fan and flea circus are amazing though.  I was getting ready for work so didn't have a chance to play with the rest of the stuff yet.

• edited April 2016
      sticks414306        delicate plum blossom hairsticks woven through her hair (because I am wearing them)

The base of this ornament is cast from silver and crafted into a slender, two-pronged stick with 
    ends that taper off into rounded points. Polished to a high sheen and sanded for a smooth surface, 
    the trinket is adorned with delicate plum blossoms molded from clay. Brilliant gold stamens peek 
    from white cores, each petal intricately painted into blushing hues of pink and purple. Crimson 
    ribbons are attached to the underside of the flowers as a final decorative touch, designed to fall 
    in silken waves when the floral accessory is wound around hair.
    It has 50 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs 4 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Lindire, the woodcarver (a denizen).

You are now wearing delicate plum blossom hairsticks.
    You quickly arrange delicate plum blossom hairsticks in your hair with an expert touch, its crimson 
    ribbons falling in silken waves down your hair.

You carefully remove delicate plum blossom hairsticks from your hair, making sure not to muss up 
    your hairdo.

journal423902       an exotic marquetry journal

Velvet, cream-hued pages are sandwiched in between embellished wooden covers and bound together by burnished bronze hinges to form this unique journal. Each fine-grained veneer is inlaid with natural 
    materials comprised of polished bone and pearl and used to accentuate the historical scenes 
    portrayed upon each cover; the front of the volume features a pearlescent white dragon soaring 
    across the skies, skirting past mountains and forests alike in the company of his brood while the 
    back features a slew of gigantic sea creatures dwelling within the wine-dark depths of the ocean. A 
    seastrider anchors itself upon the surface of a stormy seascape, blissfully unaware of the dangers 
    beneath.
    It has no title and the author is listed as being Khaibit Kintsukuroi D'Ischai.
    It weighs about 1 pounds and 4 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Khaibit.

• GinoviannaGinovianna Florida (SwFL)
    edited April 2016
    Someone beat me to the stick descripts.

Are the tapestries anything special or purely decorative?
    *Picture Leonardo DiCaprio dancing here*
  • You drop a chequered snail racing pennon.
    The lone snail looks around sadly, finding no other competitors to race.

A baby racing snail covers your hands in slime as you gather him up.

You pet a baby racing snail ingratiatingly.
    Slime rubs off on your fingers as you reach down to stroke a baby racing snail.

he's sad... I need to get him a friend to play with

I'll try to answer the questions that haven't been yet.

@Jurixe - the painting changes to different cities, including Delos. I think some cities get more than one, but I didn't look too close. Could've sworn I saw at least two different paintings of Eleusis in it. The platter apparently has some flee circus in it.

Platter

You open a covered silver serving platter.

With a flourish, you whisk the domed cover off a silver serving platter to display the miniature 

spectacle kept beneath.

You push expectently at a silver platter displaying a miniature spectacle.

At the behest of Ahmet's pushing, a bulky bearded flea emerges from behind a a rock and poses 

proudly for all to admire.

You pull a silver platter displaying a miniature spectacle closer to you, eagerly awaiting the next 

performance.

Two athletic fleas take their place upon platforms, made of torn off chunks of dinner rolls held up 

by toothpicks. With a communicative chittering, they begin to jump between platforms in a perfectly 

synchronised pattern, narrowly avoiding each other in coordinated acrobatics.

You carefully turn a silver platter displaying a miniature spectacle to offer a different 

perspective of the shenanigans within.

At the sound of a miniature horn, the entire ensemble of performer fleas come marching out in unison 

in a glorious parade, squeaking and fidgeting with excitement.

You reach out and touch a silver platter displaying a miniature spectacle.

An excited mob of chittering fleas suddenly erupts in squeaks of applauds as the one bug in the 

middle lifts an impressively sized toothpick with a chunk of bread impaled on each end over his head.

3292h, 3255m, 15360e, 18000w cexkdb- NW|S   3.8% exp-96% 19:49:16.962(-15m, 0.4%) 

The contents of a silver platter displaying a miniature spectacle are subject ao violent quaking as 

you shake it vigorously.

A suspenseful silence overtakes a silver platter displaying a miniature spectacle as one bold flea 

attempts to trapeze across a tightrope no thicker than a hair, despite the precarious quaking of the 

platter.

The mob of fleas go wild with chittery cheers as the daring little bugger makes it across!

You tap a silver platter displaying a miniature spectacle lightly, trying to get its attention.

The tiny performing fleas scurry to their stations, chittering excitedly and preparing to begin 

their act from within a silver platter displaying a miniature spectacle.

You carefully steady a tinderbox level with a silver platter displaying a miniature spectacle and 

set flame to a napkin that is twisted into a ring.

A slow chant in encouragement turns quickly into a wild roar of excited chitters while one bold flea 

jumps skilfully through the flaming napkin ring!

You close a silver platter displaying a miniature spectacle.

Bringing an end to the frivolity, you place a great domed cover over a silver platter displaying a 

miniature spectacle.

Huh. Neat.
  • The sun hangs low in the west, colouring the sky and the mahogany frame in varying shades of orange 
    and yellow. Nary a cloud can be observed in the firmament, tiny doves flitting about on the calm 
    winds. The island of Mhaldor stands central in the artwork, the twin mountains cradled by a red-hued 
    fog as the Baelgrim Fortress looms upon the tallest precipice. A thick granite walkway bordered by a 
    rail made of skulls extends from the eastern ridge, leading to a monolithic cathedral composed of 
    blackened stone and crowned with metal pinnacles. A set of five ominous spires serve as guard towers 
    as they surround the great citadel ruling the summit, their vantage allowing to witness disturbances 
    from within and without. Bolted to the bottom of the artwork's wooden confines, a small plaque 
    etched with instructions rests.
    It has 200 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 2 pounds and 0 ounce(s).
    5943h, 6537m, 26613e, 26615w exdb-
    There is nothing noteworthy there for you to read.
    5943h, 6537m, 26615e, 26615w exdb-
    Drefan has been slain in The Stadia Coronae by Igniter Calira.
    You read what is written on a painting of shifting surfaces:
    TOUCH the PAINTING to adjust what is shown. TOUCH the PAINTING's TOP to adjust the time of day, the 
    MIDDLE to change the scenery, and the BOTTOM to change the weather.
    The scenery displayed on the surface of a painting of shifting surfaces shifts in reaction to your 
    touch, warping into new shapes.
    The painting's frame is white-hot in reply to the high noon sun, the sphere casting its merciless 
    rays upon the fields below. Nary a cloud can be observed in the firmament, tiny doves flitting about 
    on the calm winds. The island of Mhaldor stands central in the artwork, the twin mountains cradled 
    by a red-hued fog as the Baelgrim Fortress looms upon the tallest precipice. A thick granite walkway 
    bordered by a rail made of skulls extends from the eastern ridge, leading to a monolithic cathedral 
    composed of blackened stone and crowned with metal pinnacles. A set of five ominous spires serve as 
    guard towers as they surround the great citadel ruling the summit, their vantage allowing to witness 
    disturbances from within and without. Bolted to the bottom of the artwork's wooden confines, a small 
    plaque etched with instructions rests.
    The scenery displayed on the surface of a painting of shifting surfaces shifts in reaction to your 
    The painting's frame is white-hot in reply to the high noon sun, the sphere casting its merciless 
    rays upon the fields below. Ominous sable clouds roll across the firmament as their forms obscure 
    the celestial bodies from view, the ambient lighting instead originating from streaks of lightning 
    racing across the sky. The island of Mhaldor stands central in the artwork, the twin mountains 
    cradled by a red-hued fog as the Baelgrim Fortress looms upon the tallest precipice. A thick granite 
    walkway bordered by a rail made of skulls extends from the eastern ridge, leading to a monolithic 
    cathedral composed of blackened stone and crowned with metal pinnacles. A set of five ominous spires 
    serve as guard towers as they surround the great citadel ruling the summit, their vantage allowing 
    to witness disturbances from within and without. Bolted to the bottom of the artwork's wooden 
    confines, a small plaque etched with instructions rests.
    rays upon the fields below. Ominous sable clouds roll across the firmament as their forms obscure 
    the celestial bodies from view, the ambient lighting instead originating from streaks of lightning 
    racing across the sky. The city of Hashan stands central in the artwork, cradled by an unnatural 
    blue sheen emanating from the surrounding depths of the Sunderlands. High granite walls act as a 
    barrier between the municipality and the trench which encircles it, the barricade only interrupted 
    in each primary cardinal direction by obsidian frames holding bronze gates. In the southeast, the 
    Dome of the Triad and accompanying Tower of the Moon and Stars rise to equal height with the 
    southern Obelisk of Darkness, their scope dwarfed by the colossal observatory to the northwest. 
    Bolted to the bottom of the artwork's wooden confines, a small plaque etched with instructions rests.

lots of options, not posting them all, but the paintings are changeable

• edited April 2016
    The jumprope:

You begin turning a wickedly-barbed jumprope with blackened bone handles around yourself, mentally steeling yourself for some well-timed jumping!

A wickedly-barbed jumprope with blackened bone handles picks up speed as it swings over your head. Get ready to jump!

Carefully timing your jump, you handily clear a wickedly-barbed jumprope with blackened bone handles. You continue the rhythm of your swinging to attempt another jump!

A wickedly-barbed jumprope with blackened bone handles picks up speed as it swings over your head. Get ready to jump!
    You leap wildly, attempting to clear a wickedly-barbed jumprope with blackened bone handles, but you jump a split-second too soon! As you land, a wickedly-barbed jumprope with blackened bone handles hits your legs and scourges your flesh, offering painful atonement for your sins.
    You jumped 1 times! Keep practising!

And it makes you bleed. Mhaldorian jumprope, that.

The fan:

A glittering amethyst silk fan sparkles enigmatically as you expertly flip it open with a flick of your wrist.
    Twirling a glittering amethyst silk fan in a circle, you flip it closed.

• Khaibit said:
    You drop a chequered snail racing pennon.
    The lone snail looks around sadly, finding no other competitors to race.

A baby racing snail covers your hands in slime as you gather him up.

You pet a baby racing snail ingratiatingly.
    Slime rubs off on your fingers as you reach down to stroke a baby racing snail.

he's sad... I need to get him a friend to play with
    We can race!
  • Mhaldorian jumprope made me laugh when I tried it
    Looks like a good slave punishment. JUMP FASTER SLAVE!

• edited April 2016
    To get the Kongamato you have to win the raffle that Kelath is holding. Tickets are 20k each and there will be 3 more chances to win one. (Icanhas? @Kayeil :open_mouth:</span>)
    Someone please teach me the card game. I only get so far.

Also, how do you successfully do a jump on the rope?

@Adrak -- sorry not selling. :( I have an enormous mount collection so I spent about 300k on tickets just to get it.

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    What about the runestones?
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

Did two future readings with the runestones. God I fucking love these things.
    Huh. Neat.
    Jurixe said:
    You shake the sack, sit down, and drop it on the ground. Runic symbols show up in different orders and positions. There's a manuscript in New Thera that explains what they mean. I haven't read it all yet. Just made a copy to read later. If someone has checked it out then you have to wait for the manuscript to come back to the library.

Kayeil said:
    Jurixe said:
    You shake the sack, sit down, and drop it on the ground. Runic symbols show up in different orders and positions. There's a manuscript in New Thera that explains what they mean. I haven't read it all yet. Just made a copy to read later. If someone has checked it out then you have to wait for the manuscript to come back to the library.
    I -just- checked it in, so you lot better run for it!

Absolutely brilliant RP opportunity. I'm looooooooving it. 
    Huh. Neat.
  • Runestones:

The sound of clattering stones resonates in the air as you give a rough sack of carved rune stones a vigorous shake.

You loosen the drawstrings of a rough sack of carved rune stones and cast its contents across the ground.

Your keen eyes pass over the cast stones before spying your first rune that has landed face up.
    Closer observation reveals that it is an inverted Uruz symbol.

You shift an inverted Uruz rune stone to your right and carry on searching for your next symbol.

Your keen eyes pass over the cast stones before spying a second rune that has landed face up.
    Closer observation reveals that it is an upright Hugalaz symbol.

You slide an upright Hugalaz rune stone over to join an inverted Uruz as the middle of the casting layout, before carrying the search for your last symbol.

Your keen eyes pass over the cast stones again before spotting a third and final rune that has landed face up.
    Closer observation reveals that it is an upright Inguz symbol.

You move your final rune stone over to complete the arrangement, taking up a position to the extreme left. Your final three rune layout stands as an upright Inguz, an upright Hugalaz followed by an inverted Uruz symbol.

A thin woven length of hemp holds shut this roughened sack of pigskin, affixed at intervals along its opening like a drawstring. Oddly small for a container, the majestic outline of Yggdrasil, the World Tree is embossed on one side, its branches glimmering with numerous runes. Held within, a handful of black stones clatter together, each one carved with a different rune. A handful of black stones peek out from the mouth of the bag, faint carvings upon their surfaces. Three of them read: an upright Inguz, an upright Hugalaz and an inverted Uruz.

Also, pretty sure I got the runecasting manuscript first, though it got returned pretty fast. You can get copies made of them. It contains the way you're supposed to read the layout, and a page for each rune and its meanings.

Is the deck of 12 races another game thing, or is it a proper tarot deck?

@Jurixe

SHAKE SACK
    The sound of clattering stones resonates in the air as you give a rough sack of carved rune stones a vigorous shake.

You sit yourself down.

DROP SACK
    You loosen the drawstrings of a rough sack of carved rune stones and cast its contents across the ground.

Your keen eyes pass over the cast stones before spying your first rune that has landed face up.
    Closer observation reveals that it is an upright Berkana symbol.

You shift an upright Berkana rune stone to your right and carry on searching for your next symbol.

Your keen eyes pass over the cast stones before spying a second rune that has landed face up.
    Closer observation reveals that it is an inverted Mannaz symbol.

You slide an inverted Mannaz rune stone over to join an upright Berkana as the middle of the casting layout, before carrying the search for your last symbol.

Your keen eyes pass over the cast stones again before spotting a third and final rune that has landed face up.
    Closer observation reveals that it is an inverted Sleizak symbol.

You move your final rune stone over to complete the arrangement, taking up a position to the extreme left. Your final three rune layout stands as an inverted 
    Sleizak, an inverted Mannaz followed by an upright Berkana symbol.

GET SACK
    You pull upon the drawstrings of a rough sack of carved rune stones as you return it into your possession, ensuring it is tightly secured.

@Keorin - the twelve races one is a tarot deck.

Lmfao. WTF on bolded. It's confirmed, Achaean men can carry babies.

You read what is written on a bound manuscript:
    (Page 31)

INTERPRETING THE RUNES

-=BERKANA=-

[Upright] Vitality, energetic, fresh perspective. Healing, pregnancy,
    growth.

This rune signifies an enormous change in the immediate future, one that
    grants you fresh insight of the world at large. Coming in syringes or in
    packets, these citrus delights will improve your libido and daily
    energy, allowing you to carry a baby to full term even if you might be a
    male.

[Inverse] Stunted, coward, weak of will.

A day at the Sugardown Fields will result in a terrifying encounter with
    the racetrack humgiis, who are secretly the harbingers of the world's
    end. Found guilty of weak character, you will inspire prospective
    thespians to write an utterly boring, day's long play about a short,
    stunted adventurer that was afraid of his own tiny shadow and squeaky
    voice.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Well things on Achaea just got a tad shadier.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
    snail412107         an adolescent racing snail

^^^ It's growing TOO FAST.