1 can spray-pancake batter

coat oreos with pancake batter
    fry for like, 30s-1m
    let cool
    consume
    die from diabeetus

• Spray...pancake batter. What.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I'm undecided as to the emotion being conveyed here, but just like'd for Nathan Filion

• mmmm. Captain Tightpants. <3

• JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    @Taraus did you say  funnel cake? Where's my invitation?
     yes, sir.

Ingredients:
    Chocolate chocolate chip cookies
    Vanilla buttercream frosting

Directions: 
    1) Make sure the cookies are shaped like footballs. 
    2) Put the frosting onto the cookies in the style of football laces. 
    3) Ideally this is done during the Super Bowl because I am pretty sure it was more exciting than the Super Bowl. From what I heard. I was busy having a blast making these cookies. 
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.
  • Pancake batter is so simple to make, it's as easy as 1, 2, 3...

100g plain flour
    2 medium eggs
    300ml milk
    plus a teaspoon of baking powder / bicarbonate of soda

Anyone who buys premade batter mix is a fool.

(Oh, and the word you were looking for was bizarre, @Ourania )
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • I saw it, but I didn't want to say anything for fear of my next lunar face-first landing.
  • Orange Pork Chops (fresh squeezed orange juice and marmalade) with onion and rosemary with roasted broccoli. I was pretty happy how this turned out! (Appearance and taste!)

PS: If anyone knows how to resize these in browser with on Mac, please send me a message. I know it's supposed to be possible to resize holding ctrl + clicking on the image, but it doesn't work for me. :<

• Hubby got me Nutella for Valentine's (no strawberries though) so I put some in my waffle batter and drizzled some on top. So rich and yummy.
    meh

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Nutella for Valentine's is the most romantic gesture ever

• Sourdough pancakes? Recipe please? Yes?
  • Mannimar said:
    Sourdough pancakes? Recipe please? Yes?
    I basically used this recipe, with olive oil for the vegetable oil, and with 2 cups of starter (didn't bother weighing it, but I think that should be around the 511g called for). I've only tried them a couple times, so I'm still working on finding/making a recipe I like. I haven't really been getting any sourdough flavour so far; not sure if that's just because my starter isn't very mature yet, or whether I should be doing something differently in feeding it.

These also came out pretty dense, and I'd like to find a way to make them a bit fluffier. I'll probably try using lower-gluten flour next time, and might try separating the eggs and whipping the whites, which I've heard helps; that sounds like a lot of work, though.
  • @Eld Beans from Sweet Maria's? If so, what kind?
  • Yang said:
    @Eld Beans from Sweet Maria's? If so, what kind?
    I often buy from them, but these I got through greencoffeebuyingclub.com. Colombian - Narino Inga Mistic was the name given.
  • edited February 2014
    @Eld I just made my starter and made a batch of pancakes with it. I wound up using this recipe which turned out nicely. As long as your starter is in good shape you should have no problem with the sourdough flavour. If you want to work with your recipe try doubling the baking soda and putting it into warm water. fold it into the batter just before cooking and let it sit for about 2 minutes. Mine turned out nice and sourdoughy with a lot of fluff.
  • You guys are so amazing.

I made turkey and quinoa stuffed cabbage with a tomato sauce. It's really healthy! Except the 4 tbsp ketchup and bit of Worcestershire sauce I put in it.

It was amazingly delicious! And really easy! Boil full cabbage leaves for 2-4 minutes each, set aside. Prepare your rice or quinoa (I love to add chicken stock to my quinoa). Chop up a bit of white, yellow, or sweet onion, get your turkey (or beef) and place it in a bowl with your finely chopped onions. Add seasoning. Go to your tomato sauce, pour some into a bowl, whisk in Worcestershire sauce and ketchup and anything else you desire. Some people like honey and lime but I'm not a big fan of those. I went for more spicy and added cayenne peppers and garlic. Mix in about 1/4 of your tomato sauce with your quinoa/turkey mixture and mix well. Place a heaping portion into your cabbage leaves. Wrap the leaves and place them in a slow cooker. Top with remaining tomato sauce. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.

Mine aren't quite done yet (another two hours), so I'll post pictures when it's completed!
    But gosh darn it, if there do exist some people who just can't handle the uniqueness of your snowflake...
    - Mathonwy

• Well.. it is Pączki Day.. I decided to drive up to Hamtramck to this 100+ year old Polish bakery. There was a line outside
    the door, around the block, and back to the alley for another block. I tried the apple one.. quite tasty and the filling was practically gushing out after my first bite. I left the rest for my wife at her office.. I don't want too much of a good thing. ^_^

• You know, the bad thing about making food for other people to try and taste is that they start demanding you bring more of it in. :(
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Going away to University soon so I need to learn to cook healthy food that is also tasty (does this exist) and I want to start practising now. 

ADVICE! I want it. What recipes should I start working on? Right now I can make eggs on toast, and beans on toast, or eggs and beans on toast. If it helps, some deeply personal information:

I love stir fried food, basically all meat and I'm a fan of salad.

That's all, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.