Theft Updates

Comments

• Is there a thread or link I can check out this profile? Vaguely interested.

• edited July 2021

You can't tell me that Profit deserved a windfall of 12 million gold

I wouldn't say that 12 million gold was anywhere near a normal theft. The odds of that happening had to have been slim. I sold off shops and had everything that was kept in those shops in my inventory, including gold from selling some things before I QQ'd for a few years. Came back with 4.5m gold in a pack and over a hundreds of rare minerals and no system. 🤷

I wasn't familiar with how pickpocketing worked or anything about how the new theft system worked. Didn't even know the fence system existed.

The real travesty was I went on to spend 7.5 million gold to get the pack with rare minerals back only to give those rare minerals to an invincible pet to safeguard. They stayed on the pet safe and sound for RL months and then one day vanished forever. I lost over a thousand credits worth of rare minerals for the second time. So all in, I'm out 12 million gold from getting them back from the fence + around 15 million gold worth of rare minerals. Please....make rare minerals something we can put in a rift, that would have saved me thousands of credits worth of loss.

• I’d issue. Rare minerals don’t decay

• edited July 2021

I’d issue. Rare minerals don’t decay

I did. Was told that items in pet's inventories get destroyed if the pet dies. I paid to have my pet not be able to die. Was told that pets can still be destroyed if you feed them to a humgii... I didn't feed my pet containing a dragon's hoard of rare minerals to a bloody humgii so I messaged Mak. He said that pets are supposed to dump their inventories into your inventory when you QQ, which they don't. He said to disregard the issue reply and that he was looking into it. That was a few months ago, haven't heard back.

I'm not hopeful. Grandue losing hundreds of rare minerals because of a bug is surely not high priority compared to everything else that I'm sure the admin has going on. It hurts to lose them, especially considering how much work went into originally mining them, then buying them back after they were stolen, lol. Can't catch a break 😂

• Profit snaps his fingers in front of Grandue's invincible pet.

Grandue's invincible pet hands Profit a group of 50 gazillion Profithyst.

• They are Profithyst after all.

• Profit snaps his fingers in front of Grandue's invincible pet.

Grandue's invincible pet hands Profit a group of 50 gazillion Profithyst.

Lol! Serpent is also one of my classes, believe me that this was thoroughly tested before entrusting it with the goods.

• Profit wrote:

Profit deserved a windfall of 12 million gold.

• @Elyon was slain by @Aegoth.

Spammy deathsight is spammy. Padding KDR is padding.

• Well the purpose wasn't renown or xp gain so... in the bounds of the rules.

• edited July 2021

I'm pretty sure he lost like. A level. Maybe.

Also!

Aegoth paid Elyon to kill him, on loop. I'm fairly certain Aegoth didn't really give 2 shits about "HELPING A FRIEND BECOME FREE OF INFAMY!" So. I guess from Elyon's perspective it had a reason. Aegoth's was just padding dat kdr.

Edit: Gotta love enter flame/renounce grace dor while aegoth appends get body / immolate body / kill on loop.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo

Paying someone to kill you one hundred times to circunvent a system put in place to punish thieves really should be against the rules.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• @Shirszae Aegoth paid Elyon, not Elyon paid Aegoth.

So he gets to circumvent the punishments and get a gold reward! How fun.

• I mean, he really could've just stood there and it would've sorted itself even without Aegoth.

• edited July 2021

ITT People that were just complaining about theft existing complaining about a thief quitting theft due to changes made to discourage theft.

Hmmmmm.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

Seems more like people are complaining about exploiting the system to circumvent newly introduced consequences of theft, and showing just how easy it is to accomplish in the process.

• Oh man, a Mark repeatedly killing someone who’s infamous. How horrible!

• TBF we're all still just coping with the disappointment of @Hikagejuunin having been lying.

• I hate theft as a mechanic but I don't see the point in expecting someone to play a game that had specifically been made unplayable for them. He had already been basically unable to do anything since the changes were put in, which seems like the intention; the alternative would be dogpiling him forever and dealing with the status quo of being potentially robbed. You can see how many deaths it took and figure out how long that would have taken to drop off otherwise, and fuel an extremely unpleasant cycle.

Theft is a bad system and yet has still been otherwise supported by admin choices; now it's punishing enough that the thieves are giving up theft. We should welcome the change of design direction.

• "Seems more like people are complaining about exploiting the system to circumvent newly introduced consequences of theft, and showing just how easy it is to accomplish in the process."

I see, thieves need to suffer MORE when they quit theft. The changes failed not because they didn't discourage theft, but because you want them to satisfy your schadenfreude cravings on top of discouraging theft.

• "theft is about generating conflict"

"no not like that!"

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited July 2021

Again Amranu misses the point, so instead fabricates one that facilitates his necessity for arguing. People are specifically pointing out that part of the changes failed because of how easily they (a mechanic to introduce consequence for action) were circumvented. It's not that complicated a concept. Don't worry, I won't bother you with further replies. Wouldn't want you accusing me of "gaslighting" you like you did on Discord.

• edited July 2021

I'm not seeing how consequences were circumvented. Guy died 100 times, not sure what more you're looking for. So if your point was he circumvented consequences, it's factually incorrect.

• Because he got paid 10k per death so he came out ahead on both ends?

This discussion has been closed.