New Class: Pariah

15678911»

Comments

• I'm not sure this is an oversight, but, it would be nice to have an ability to see who is standing on sand  to facilitate use of arise.
  • Eryl said:
    If I can get a chain to 15 or 16 against dalran as an apostate, it's not really a 'limitation.'
    Can you, though? 🤔
  • Mizik said:
    Eryl said:
    If I can get a chain to 15 or 16 against dalran as an apostate, it's not really a 'limitation.'
    Can you, though? 🤔
    Yes.

You have a tiny bit of time to continue your epitaph after you get balance back, so unless you’re bogged down and can’t get a hit out at all you can still build a chain. You may not be able to STICK anything for a while, but with persistence and luck, you can get up to your max speed.

That doesn’t make it useful at all, though, seeing as how the moment the Pariah makes any headway at all they get shadow striked and have to reset.
  • edited February 2021
    Getting epitaph up to speed is unrealistic against an opponent who's fighting back (who understands Pariah).  Every class has some way to stop epitaph any time they wish.  I would say that buckawns is more or less a required item for Pariah as its dwinnu is on a 10s cooldown, so even using that optimally, web is a guaranteed reset to both epitaph and Exposed.  Arm breaks, leg breaks, hangedman, aeon, epilepsy, stupidity (sometimes), peace, pacifism, web, impale, and paralysis + any higher prio aff are all resets.  Even in momentum class matchup, it will always make sense to web (or any of the other things listed) a Pariah around trace #4 or 5 just to keep them in check - which of course also gives you plenty of time to cure two or three affs as well.

Illusioning the Pariah using the "wrong" logograph might also mess up anyone using automated tracing, as well - which despite what people may have you believe, is probably all of them.

• Shecks said:
    Getting epitaph up to speed is unrealistic against an opponent who's fighting back (who understands Pariah).  Every class has some way to stop epitaph any time they wish.  I would say that buckawns is more or less a required item for Pariah as its dwinnu is on a 10s cooldown, so even using that optimally, web is a guaranteed reset to both epitaph and Exposed.  Arm breaks, leg breaks, hangedman, aeon, epilepsy, stupidity (sometimes), peace, pacifism, web, impale, and paralysis + any higher prio aff are all resets.  Even in momentum class matchup, it will always make sense to web (or any of the other things listed) a Pariah around trace #4 or 5 just to keep them in check - which of course also gives you plenty of time to cure two or three affs as well.

Illusioning the Pariah using the "wrong" logograph might also mess up anyone using automated tracing, as well - which despite what people may have you believe, is probably all of them.

Reading comprehension bub. I plainly said that against dalran, I was getting my chains of 13+. Pariah DOES have hinder, it’s NOT bad, and it CAN handle momentum matchups. You need to be timing your paralysis with heartbeats to make sure your para is sticking, and you need to weave your epitaph so paralysis has something to fight over.

Stop spreading misinformation about a class you don’t play. The only momentum matchup I’m struggling to build against (excluding lol shadowstrike) is Farrah’s psion, and it has nothing to do with losing my chain. I struggle because by the time I’m ready to push for latency, she’s already got a head break and I have to turtle or get ravaged/locked. I managed to outpace her with good para timing and a better infest strategy.

Shit, getting proned with a broken leg doesn’t even reset you completely because of the things you can do while you’re prone.

Not a single person (including myself, and by a long shot), is using this class to its fullest potential yet, and you still won’t stop making these over generalized sweeping statements about how the class can’t do X or can’t do Y when really this class was released in a pretty solid place.
  • Shecks said:

Arm breaks don't stop trace, unless you break both arms.
    Leg breaks aren't long enough to stop trace, or reset anything. Again, unless you break both (or combo with force apply a la monk).
    Hang isn't long enough to stop trace (and isn't spammable either).
    Aeon is hardly a thing that's going to stop it.
     - A, you need to fling it twice.
     - B, it will get cured immediately
    (exception for aeon is in slowlocks a la jester/shaman, which is a lot more than just aeon. AKA, nice misinformation broheim).
    Epilepsy isn't going to reset them? Wtf it's a 1s balance knock lmao.
    Stupidity won't reset them.
    The only class that can realistically stick peace to begin with, is Pariah.
    Pacifism is going to reset you as much as the Pariah, since it breaks the second any sort of aggressive action is made against them.
    Impale isn't long enough to stop them. I posted a log in Discord vs Belatu that proves this.
    Needing to prio swap isn't going to reset them.

Illusions aren't gonna do anything. Many people either use epitaph advance, or they gate their afflictions specifically so illusions don't mess with them.

In short, you're pretty wrong as per usual. For someone who has done, quite literally, nothing with the class, you sure do like to spread a lot of information about how difficult it is to fight as one. Though I can't say I'm overly surprised considering you somehow mistook Alchemist for Occultist when you got ganked yesterday.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• He does seem determined to hate the class. I'm a total casual who will likely never have the patience or focus to ever get gud with it, and I'm having loads of fun.

I did think of an idea for the class, though, that I think fits with the RP. It would be neat if we can reanimate people after death. It would functionally be a resurrection, but since we deal with the undead, it comes at a cost to the person you are reanimating, like permanent disloyalty due to their hideous undead corpse, or something like that, or maybe a stench that can't be bathed away and goes through clean freak; all of which, of course, would be wiped upon their next death, starburst or otherwise.

Just some gate that would make people think twice about using or asking for the reanimation very often.
  • edited February 2021
    To be clear, I love the class.  It's super awesome and I started my comments with a list of things that are great about it.  It's also totally untrue that I don't play it, most of the arguments people have made are either subjective or just flat wrong, and also most of the comments I've made have been things that many people agree on - and many of the things I've mentioned, which usually always come paired with suggested solutions have already been fixed.

All I'm doing is sharing feedback.  Since, however, some people think that this thread's primary purpose is to insult people, and since there are other avenues to give feedback/suggestions without being called an idiot by the same 3 people every time I post anything at all, I'll just uh, stop posting.  Congrats on another forum "win".
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Tldr  
  • Shecks said:
    To be clear, I love the class.  It's super awesome and I started my comments with a list of things that are great about it.  It's also totally untrue that I don't play it, most of the arguments people have made are either subjective or just flat wrong, and also most of the comments I've made have been things that many people agree on - and many of the things I've mentioned, which usually always come paired with suggested solutions have already been fixed.

All I'm doing is sharing feedback.  Since, however, some people think that this thread's primary purpose is to insult people, and since there are other avenues to give feedback/suggestions without being called an idiot by the same 3 people every time I post anything at all, I'll just uh, stop posting.  Congrats on another forum "win".
    Name the people.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Moe, Larry and Curley
  • Shecks said:
    most of the arguments people have made are either subjective or just flat wrong
    How many times have you posted something subjective or completely wrong about Pariah in this thread?

• Shirszae said:
    Altered racial description would be interesting but what would fit?
    Well, maybe something like, "
    He is an accursed tiger-like rajamala," or somesuch. And on honours, it could show as:
    "Silver Sentry Glathna Montenegro-Winterblaze (male Rajamala).
    He is one of the accursed."

Etc, etc. I'm just spitballing here, though. I'm sure someone can riff something more creative off of that.

Entry and exit messages for swarms would be cool too, but I really wish itd take the actual type of insect into consideration but that might be too complicated.

That would be super cool.

$ enters from the $ surrounded by a swarm of $.
  • The buzzing of insects precedes the entrance of _ from the _
  • edited February 2021
    Cooper said:
    Shecks said:
    most of the arguments people have made are either subjective or just flat wrong
    How many times have you posted something subjective or completely wrong about Pariah in this thread?
    Literally every single post in this thread. Including that one.

Shecks said:
    It's also totally untrue that I don't play it, most of the arguments people have made are either subjective or just flat wrong, and also most of the comments I've made have been things that many people agree on.
    I've checked your class every time your name's popped up on deathsight (both killing, and dying). Not once has it been Pariah. And no, most of the comments you've made, people have disagreed on. That's some serious delusions you got going on there, might wanna see a shrink.

I'm sure you'll be posting here again in a couple of days, though.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Obligatory post games "Pariah Artefacts Soon(TM)" post?
  • Need more blood in my jars plzkthx
  • @Shecks: pro pariah strats right here buddy

- 2021/03/01 00:47:21 - Shadow Centurion Eryl Beithir has battered Glathna to death.
    - 2021/03/01 00:47:31 - Glathna has fallen victim to the extraordinary powers of Eryl.
    - 2021/03/01 00:47:51 - Keorin has fallen victim to the extraordinary powers of Eryl.
    - 2021/03/01 00:47:57 - Auria dies, her defences no match for the relentless might of Shadow
    Centurion Eryl Beithir.
    - 2021/03/01 00:48:00 - Shadow Centurion Eryl Beithir has battered Auria to death.
    - 2021/03/01 00:48:00 - Shadow Centurion Eryl Beithir has battered Eryl to death.
    - 2021/03/01 00:48:04 - Foolish hangs limply in Keskyl's grip, robbed of his life by the biting grip
    of an iron-tipped whip.
    - 2021/03/01 00:48:56 - Barrien has bled out, slain by the might of Curse Weaver Amranu, the
    Sanguine Invoker.
    - 2021/03/01 00:48:58 - Mezghar has fallen victim to the extraordinary powers of Eryl.
    - 2021/03/01 00:49:17 - Treyal's back has broken under convulsions caused by Shadow Centurion Eryl
    Beithir's voyria venom.
    - 2021/03/01 00:50:13 - Iocun dies, his defences no match for the relentless might of Shadow
    Centurion Eryl Beithir.
    - 2021/03/01 00:50:14 - Kog dies, his defences no match for the relentless might of Shadow Centurion
    Eryl Beithir.
    - 2021/03/01 00:50:14 - Amranu dies, his defences no match for the relentless might of Shadow
    Centurion Eryl Beithir.
    - 2021/03/01 00:50:29 - Treyal futilely gasps one final time for air before dying, slain by Shadow
    Centurion Eryl Beithir.
    - 2021/03/01 00:50:29 - Iocun futilely gasps one final time for air before dying, slain by Shadow
    Centurion Eryl Beithir.
    - 2021/03/01 00:50:29 - Amranu futilely gasps one final time for air before dying, slain by Shadow
    Centurion Eryl Beithir.
  • Go Pariah, and you, too, can quote logs of you killing yourself.