New Class: Pariah

Comments

• Eryl said:
    My KDA is only high because I’ve retired like seventeen times tho.

I’m just some scrub with no actual combat experience :(

#3 Saonji           9.33

I feel attacked.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Saonji said:
    Eryl said:
    My KDA is only high because I’ve retired like seventeen times tho.

I’m just some scrub with no actual combat experience :(

#3 Saonji           9.33

I feel attacked.
    Look at that KDR, clearly must be Sarapis Approved. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited February 2021
    https://ada-young.com/pastebin/5A5LxA6N

Do we all agree that no attack that gives multiple afflictions needs to be FASTER than herb balance, even if it takes seven unhindered attacks to get there?

It just feels dirty, like really really dirty.  My defense game is not the best, and there are tumble windows with similar timings (a shield touch and a swap may have helped here, I think), but it just feels dirtyyyyyyyyy.

ETA: Tone differentiation. "Do we all agree..." is not rhetorical. I am sincerely asking.
  • Inundate and firelord exist.
  • edited February 2021
    Gallida said:
    Inundate and firelord exist.
    That's not at all the same. Pariah can CONSISTENTLY make EVERY attack faster than herb balance once they cap at max speed, from what I understand. @Saonji, can I ask your honest thoughts? Do you think the cap speed needs toned down like JUST A HAIR, or do you think it's fine as is?
  • Eryl said:
    Gallida said:
    That's not at all the same. Pariah can CONSISTENTLY make EVERY attack faster than herb balance once they cap at max speed, from what I understand. @Saonji, can I ask your honest thoughts? Do you think the cap speed needs toned down like JUST A HAIR, or do you think it's fine as is?

I've already said multiple times that I think it should be capped at 1.6, not 1.5. Feels like an oversight that it isn't.

• edited February 2021
    Saonji said:
    Eryl said:
    Gallida said:

I've already said multiple times that I think it should be capped at 1.6, not 1.5. Feels like an oversight that it isn't.
    I thought so. I couldn't remember or find it, and I do value your opinion.
  • edited February 2021
    According to Atalkez it's a bug, it's supposed to be Thoth's speed (1.7) after Nimble.  My personal guess is it was set to pre-Nimble 1.7 instead, resulting in ~1.5.

Should be noted that fixing this will result in a fairly huge drop in PVE DPS.
  • Eryl said:
    Gallida said:
    Oh, I thought you meant the Virulence combo. My bad.
  • Serpent balance v denizens is different than PVP, so hopefully pariah can follow the same trend. I really would, and will continue to lobby, for Pariah's fully artied hunting to be equal or close to equal with Serpent. With the insane speed and momentum, it just feels thematically right and glorious.

I also wanted to post here in hopes that the creators will see, but I also would love for Pariah's entrance and exit messages to be impacted by pestilence swarm size. Also, after the ritual of interment, it would be neat for the unedit-able racial description to be altered in some simple, subtle way, similar to chaos lords.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Altered racial description would be interesting but what would fit? Entry and exit messages for swarms would be cool too, but I really wish itd take the actual type of insect into consideration but that might be too complicated.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I know championship is coming but is there free time to introduce artefacts for Pariah?
  • Dochitha said:
    I know championship is coming but is there free time to introduce artefacts for Pariah?
    This - bout to spend some tax return money....just sayin
  • Eryl said:
    https://ada-young.com/pastebin/5A5LxA6N

Do we all agree that no attack that gives multiple afflictions needs to be FASTER than herb balance, even if it takes seven unhindered attacks to get there?

It just feels dirty, like really really dirty.  My defense game is not the best, and there are tumble windows with similar timings (a shield touch and a swap may have helped here, I think), but it just feels dirtyyyyyyyyy.

ETA: Tone differentiation. "Do we all agree..." is not rhetorical. I am sincerely asking.
    The only reason I think the speed is okay is because pariah is limited to a chain.
  • edited February 2021
    Ainly said:
    The only reason I think the speed is okay is because pariah is limited to a chain.
    It's hardly a limitation. Plagues are by far and wide the most important affs for a Pariah, the traces are secondary to virtually every single strategy.

There's no reason for a class that double affs, to be able to attack inside of herb bals. Especially when it also has relapsing and delayed afflictions.

• If I can get a chain to 15 or 16 against dalran as an apostate, it's not really a 'limitation.'
  • @Dalran is a noob tbf.

• I still can't make sense of sand ranking below water... Anyone with a sceptre of aqua can flood a room to block sand, that's a few abilities blocked. Can something be done here, like eternity will first soak up the water, and then sand will be placed or allow both to co-exist?
  • edited February 2021
    Dochitha said:
    I still can't make sense of sand ranking below water... Anyone with a sceptre of aqua can flood a room to block sand, that's a few abilities blocked. Can something be done here, like eternity will first soak up the water, and then sand will be placed or allow both to co-exist?
    I think this is something that really needs addressed. Flooding a room is trivial to be quite honest with a sceptre or a flood tank, and even runewardens were given a means to address flooded rooms albeit gated behind an artefact.
  • Eryl said:
    Dochitha said:
    I still can't make sense of sand ranking below water... Anyone with a sceptre of aqua can flood a room to block sand, that's a few abilities blocked. Can something be done here, like eternity will first soak up the water, and then sand will be placed or allow both to co-exist?
    I think this is something that really needs addressed. Flooding a room is trivial to be quite honest with a sceptre or a flood tank, and even runewardens were given a means to address flooded rooms albeit gated behind an artefact.

Say no more, fam.

A jar of enchanted sand:                               800 Credits
    Artefact power: rising_sands
     - Increases the duration Pariah sand stays in a room.
     - Skills that require sand to be used are no longer stopped by flood.

• I hate that my immediate response was to grab my wallet and artsearch that.
  • Sceptre is countered by sceptre. Pay up boys!

Also there's a tank power for parting water as well, as a fully artied whale with every ability needed to make flood room not matter, I don't see why this is a problem at all!
  • Eryl said:
    I hate that my immediate response was to grab my wallet and artsearch that.
    I logged in to check....dammit.
  • I dont know, I figured I would write some of my own now that I got trolled.....

a pheromone dipped scarab charm - 350 credits
    Artefact Power: swarm_density

Increase your swarm size by an additional thousand insects.

---------------------

a logograph marked jar - 500 credits
    Artefact Power: bloodstorage

You are able to hold 10 additional jars of blood for use with skills in Memorium

----------------------

a petrified bone ritual knife - 350 credits
    Artefact Power: logograph_damage(1)

Increases the damage of memorium skills by 5%

an etched silver ritual knife - 800 credits
    Artefact Power: logograph_damage(2)

Increases the damage of memorium skills by 10%

a platinum bladed ritual knife - 1600 credits
    Artefact Power: logograph_damage(3)

Increases the damage of memorium skills by 15%

---------------------

a logograph etched stone focus - 1000 credits
    Artefact Power: sandmastery

Exerting your will upon the surroundings your eternity ability floods the surrounding rooms with sand around you, costing more balance per room activated

---------------------

an ancient sandworms tongue -  800 credits
    Artefact Power: dust_to_dust

Those with a sandworms tongue are able to enact the dust ability without having take damage, akin to phase ability with a channel.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    i feel like i'm the only one hoping they just keep it artefact-less?
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Archaeon said:
    i feel like i'm the only one hoping they just keep it artefact-less?
    Would be nice, but it's IRE. It's just a  matter of when. I do hope it's nothing too egregious. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Makarios has already said Pariah artifacts are going to be coming after championship games. 

• For clarity on the above, since I'm way outside of editing window now.

You sent the following message to Makarios:
    Potentially obvious question, but I'm curious nonetheless... Are Pariah artifacts coming? Any particular ETA if they are?

Message #1670 Sent by Makarios 2021/2/05/5:37
    They are, but likely not until after the championship games (might change, but that's my current ETA).

• This is off subject but can we name Creeping Death (Metallica) the official Entrance Music for Pariah?  It fits so well.