Mhaldor vs Targossas

Comments

• Okay, so now what about the bank @Ictinus ? Will that have any negative repercussions for Targossas, or is it like the font where everything is still useable and whatnot?
  • No, you just deleted most people's gold for two weeks (and Targossas').
  • Archaeon said:
    @Mezghar you can fuck right off
    also yea where tf you come from?

theres been a bit of outside interference in a few of the recent raids. ashtan and hashan should raid each other, leave our war alone. 
  • Vinzent said:
    No, you just deleted most people's gold for two weeks (and Targossas').
    a war last for 2 achaean years. we're at war for 24 days.

everyone on both sides keeps saying 2 weeks and im just confused if i missed something somewhere with the pre-war negotiations or if people are just not realizing how long this shit actually is
  • Vinzent said:

everyone on both sides keeps saying 2 weeks and im just confused if i missed something somewhere with the pre-war negotiations or if people are just not realizing how long this shit actually is

Gold will be generated, but it will likely be two weeks before anyone has a 'regular' amount with permanent infamy and roaming squads. At that point it isn't relevant anymore except to the city, houses, and clans.
  • Vinzent said:

That was the first thing I said when Book 16 opened. I pointed it out again when @Pandora took it over and added more stuff to it... Like, two years IC is a long fuckin time. That shit is almost a rl month long, yo. I mean I guess it in regards to the Book it could just get closed within like a week or so but... gottDAYUM 24 rl days of having to bother with constant raids and shit and having to bail out of the City immediately if you're on your phone (and a soldier) or some shit. Fuck that.
  • edited June 2020
    Cobault said:
     City immediately if you're on your phone (and a soldier) or some shit. Fuck that.

It's a good thing she made a <city> loses soldiers/citizens bet. This is Pandora's get rich quick scheme.
    eta: well. Get rich in 24 days, scheme. But yeah.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• All these bets on outside interference, and there's complaints on outside interference?

Pfft. I was already looking for methods of butting in BEFORE I was financially invested in it.
  • Books can be closed at anytime for betting, not sure on the aspect lets say the Dawnlord or Tyrannus quit tomorrow. But its ultimately its up to the cities in war when they end it. There is always surrender! :P
  • I think the 2 year mark is to give the losing side a time to counter attack especially when RL gets in the way
  • The automated war news post:

Anyone else get them breaking the website news reader/ IRE Browser Addon?

Looks like they are inputting stuff into the wrong columns.
    Should be fixed now, though please do file a BUG next time! 
  • Book 16 is glorious.

Also two years ain't bad.  Gives plenty of time for the back and forth to happen.
  • Can Targossas access Security/War funds to replenish guards, etc?
  • Rhivona said:
    The automated war news post:

Anyone else get them breaking the website news reader/ IRE Browser Addon?

Looks like they are inputting stuff into the wrong columns.
    Should be fixed now, though please do file a BUG next time! 
    I had thought about doing it and I figured the image was more helpful than I could have described it. I guess I could have uploaded it and posted a link. Will do next time! :(
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    can you dickheads leave me alone when i am trying to duel, it is the only thing that makes me happy after being summoned to guardbash for hours.
  • Mizik said:
    Can Targossas access Security/War funds to replenish guards, etc?
    They should be able to, as long as they have funds to allocate, which requires the Council room. 

If they don't, they need deposits to the Treasury (or Steward to move gold) - which both require the bank I believe? Could be a bad spot.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • VeldrinVeldrin Denmark
    Atalkez said:
    Mizik said:
    Can Targossas access Security/War funds to replenish guards, etc?
    They should be able to, as long as they have funds to allocate, which requires the Council room. 

If they don't, they need deposits to the Treasury (or Steward to move gold) - which both require the bank I believe? Could be a bad spot.
    Well the Steward's job is done in the council room, think the Treasury is the same

• Yes consign/allocate require council room. Question becomes can the Steward still manipulate the coffers, even though the bank is destroyed?

If so, I highly dislike this as it removes any lasting impact from tanking a bank.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Ehh. I would understand deposit/withdraw being stopped but transferring, no.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Doesnt matter to most of the houses, we all have gold in Delos.  We didnt even have guards at the bank until the last few weeks I think because it's not that important.
  • Accipiter said:

Let's go for some more. Are they open pk if they are naked? 
    This is fun, ask some more, I am willing to clarify for you.

If they are naked in Cyrene just report it to a Senator. 

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Prythe said:
    Accipiter said:

Let's go for some more. Are they open pk if they are naked? 
    This is fun, ask some more, I am willing to clarify for you.

If they are naked in Cyrene just report it to a Senator. 

Or your local Dwarf. We will hand them enough alcohol to make it completely credible.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
    What happened to the whole 'we respect temple's thing
  • If it was a mortal-created place then its up for being crapped on. If it's a "public temple" built in the city, then that's a shitty gray area since it will basically follow the standard rules of sanction/raids AFAIK (a reason as to why the zig is not IN Mhaldor itself.)

If it is a divine temple (al'qat or whatever) then to my knowledge that's not on, and Dadtan will hopefully slap those involved down.
    Oh like when you all camped it last night? Lol
  • edited June 2020
    I wasn't around last night, again, if it was the temple itself, all I can suggest is to message me IC so I can follow it up.

Edit: If you guys have public temples IN Targ, let me know so I can at least approach Sartan about that. The only thing I can think is if guards are in there, that is probably gray, but if mdorians are tanking the temple then I would PRESUME (I can't speak for someone else) that's a no no, at least that's the only line I'd draw with regards to a city-located temple, guards = okay, otherwise leave the place alone.
  • This seems more like an IC topic of discussion than one that should be on forums.
  • edited June 2020
    I have a small suggestion for the war system.

One fear some people might have is that dueling or dying on their own might cause damage to the war effort by giving the other team points.

What if you made it to where every individual city soldier had a running point tally against them, but it was only possible to be 'negative' a certain threshold, in terms of giving points to your opponent. 

If every death is points, then it'll just discourage some people from participation.

Remember when Carmain died like 300 times in one night? That'd be pretty much a solo-end to the war. Put some kind of cap on it? 

Minifie said:
    I wasn't around last night
    Blame you still.  Stupud aussie
  • edited June 2020
    Some feedback/ideas, mainly about the monthly newsposts.

I don't know that I love the monthly scorekeeping report on kills. At best it encourages fear/conservatism on the side of the loser (only traveling in squads for assured kills or fighting when the numbers are heavily in your favor, etc.) and at worst it'll cause demoralization and qq's for about a RL month. It's fine to count it back-end but I don't like knowing it's 323-197 or something so specific right now. Especially since there's some kind of weighting for army ranks and raw numbers are meaningless (I also sure hope killing Atalkez or Proficy is worth like 3x me, not 1.2x me, but impossible to know unless we're told the scaling).

I'd also prefer more description on which locations were destroyed, with the flowery language of an events post (Mhaldorian raiders crashed into the bank, pointing spears at the tellers, but the bank guards sealed the vault and died rather than give up the gold vs. "Mhaldor 2 tanks, Targossas 0" or whatever). It feels like a tennis match or football game right now, not super-immersive.