Hashan Thread

Comments

• Hopped in for 5-10 minutes today to just say hi to people and check on a few things, bam. Middle of a raid. Now I'm 30min late for my James Bond Marathon! Thanks *shallam :(

(But seriously, I do love a good raid defense)
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    @Achilles yes, I was posting/watching TV, though that was it for the night and I switch over and saw I had been dead for a couple minutes...

Certain people were not listening to the leader's target calls and went for their own which confused others into a downward spiral...DISCIPLINE.
  • Like I said, panic reaction to a situation turned suddenly quite disadvantageous! And you were all enemied, was luck of the draw - though it makes me wonder why it only grabbed two. Anyway! Yeah. Don't worry, it's not exactly something that'll be seen often.

Anyway, loved the raiding back and forth - it did wind up being quite fun today. So thanks to all involved on both sides.
  • Sidonia said:
    How do you die to a serpent as a priest, though?
    Serpent vs priest is an extremely frustrating fight for both parties, but in the long run, the serpent still has the advantage. (Although priests could drastically lower this advantage by not curing/healing as frivolously as most priests do.)
  • so wait...

you're saying serpents were actually acting like the assassins they were born to be? O.O

What is this world coming to.
  • @Asmodron Amok, amok!  This seems like a conflict between embracing our 'nature' and what we're 'known' to do.

But seriously, I still don't quite get it. We can get raided by said refugees, but how do we 'attack' them otherwise in this 'war'?

(think I missed the party boat, hence the confusion. humbug.)

• Vayne said:
    @Achilles yes, I was posting/watching TV, though that was it for the night and I switch over and saw I had been dead for a couple minutes...

Certain people were not listening to the leader's target calls and went for their own which confused others into a downward spiral...DISCIPLINE.
    We have talked about this so much that its rediculous its still happening. @Tecton needs to give us a party discharge command, or I'm killing the next person that does it
  • Tvistor said:

Jacen said:
    We have talked about this so much that its rediculous its still happening. @Tecton needs to give us a party discharge command, or I'm killing the next person that does it
    This is how Mhaldorians begin.
    True story.

*decapitated head rolls away*
  • HhaosHhaos Cortland, Ohio
    Was thoroughly pleased with our third raid, actually resembled something worth calling a raid, only wish our main force of monks and another of our decent occies(@ Mannimar) was around. Down 3 whole percent from the whole ordeal but don't care, it was worth it to see us not just get slaughtered.

Also wish to add a few colorful words for working earlier then normal making me have to leave mid defense D:

• Achilles said:
    Lyr said:
    Tvistor said:
    I can't believe you lost after that pit. D:
    Only Thaumas and I got pitted. THEY FEAR ME. :P
    @vayne - Were you posting when we ganked you inside Hashan?

God Hashan can't even pit correctly :P  Actually noted improvement from even 2 days ago.
    lol all this pit talk is making me wish I didn't change class D:  I feel Hashan's getting better, actually noted that we got some kills this time, more then it was before. We're getting better! We can do this! Just need practice, and thank you Refugees for declaring "war"  on us (see Silas' post on Public News board), and giving us the practice we need :P

Was getting boring otherwise.
    "Sometimes... legends are true" 
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    I must say I was quite surprised and impressed by Dodder's leadership during the raids. She did a pretty good job in a group, especially one as inexperienced as us.
  • edited January 2013
    Hhaos said:

Was thoroughly pleased with our third raid, actually resembled something worth calling a raid, only wish our main force of monks and another of our decent occies(@ Mannimar) was around. Down 3 whole percent from the whole ordeal but don't care, it was worth it to see us not just get slaughtered.

Also wish to add a few colorful words for working earlier then normal making me have to leave mid defense D:
    If you're leading a war time raid/raid defense and only down 3% I'd say you're likely winning.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Zeon said:

If you're leading a war time raid/raid defense and only down 3% I'd say you're likely winning.
    I'm down 30%, does that mean I'm getting my ass kicked.
  • Depends on your level really.

Party right, party hard,

• HhaosHhaos Cortland, Ohio
    Zeon said:

Level 100 mate, only lose like .2% per death
  • Far inferior numerically/with experience, that is. (</3, edit function).
  • @hhaos Yeah that's nothing.

Party right, party hard,

• AFAIK he wasn't complaining about them jumping Refugees. He was complaining about them jumping non-com Refugees, who likely wouldn't be enlisted as soldiers if Shallam was a city.
  • Having L3 bow makes you a combatant if you're a serpent, duh.
  • Tvistor is right but to be fair to Akia I do see a lot of posts from him referring to how people attack/kill him and how pathetic priests are. Though to be fair to lyr usually his posts are in good spirit. There are certainly a plethora of other forum goers that out whine him daily.

Party right, party hard,

• AkiaAkia phoenix, az
    Zeon said:
    Tvistor is right but to be fair to Akia I do see a lot of posts from him referring to how people attack/kill him and how pathetic priests are. Though to be fair to lyr usually his posts are in good spirit. There are certainly a plethora of other forum goers that out whine him daily.
    They will be addressed in due time.

• Niks definitely doesn't count as a noncomm when it comes to war (actively raids etc). Other two sure, probably shouldn't have. However, also have to realise Hashan have barely fought Shallam. They don't know who and who doesn't fight like Ashtan/Mhaldor do, they'll get that through experience.
  • I just wanna say, I never expected this thread would reach 12+ pages. It's been -really- awesome reading through and seeing the passion, interest, and opinions from everyone that's posted. Makes me super excited to get more involved, which I'll hopefully be able to do soon.

• Tbh, I think it is hilarious when Niks dies for personal reasons. D:
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Tanris said:

Niks definitely doesn't count as a noncomm when it comes to war (actively raids etc). Other two sure, probably shouldn't have. However, also have to realise Hashan have barely fought Shallam. They don't know who and who doesn't fight like Ashtan/Mhaldor do, they'll get that through experience.

There were several noncom casualties in that messy Mhaldor-Ashtan war. Just teach Hashan they can't do that by killing those who do. Part of seeking conflict and stuff.
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• edited January 2013
    Tanris said:
    Niks definitely doesn't count as a noncomm when it comes to war (actively raids etc). Other two sure, probably shouldn't have. However, also have to realise Hashan have barely fought Shallam. They don't know who and who doesn't fight like Ashtan/Mhaldor do, they'll get that through experience.
    I think you nailed it. Pretty much the whole thing in that statement. Experience. Hashan has a lot of people who has the potential to be combatants, just never had the reason to fight before. Ashtan knew Shallam like the back of her hands. Same with Shallam knowing Ashtan. Knew what they were capable of, that can't be said of Hashan. This is a new ball-game for Hashan.
    "Sometimes... legends are true" 
This discussion has been closed.