Hashan Thread

Comments

• This forum thread is off topic!
    "Sometimes... legends are true" 
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Darroth said:
    What I really don't like about shrines is when players bait order members with a few corpses, trying to lure them to the shrine to get jumped. Babelites do this all the time, whether it's intentional or not. Either go hunt enough to get the shrine or go away. Shallam was actually guilty of this a few days ago too. 
    Was truefavored by Pandomeniom or however you spell it for defiling his shrine then fighting the two who showed up to offer em.

• Hashan is so classy. </sarcasm>
  • You have to quote something for us to bash, though, you can't just be sarcastic.
  • LyrLyr
    edited January 2013
    Oh, just Vayne and Hawek ganking random lowbie/noncom* refugees (one I know for sure hasn't even raided Hashan recently, if ever), then hiding in one of the multi-named rooms in the Mhojave.
  • Okay, now Vayne and Hawek need to post about how it was actually fifty combatants/what the newbie did to deserve it, then point out that Shallam has committed transgression X in the past.
  • They double-backstabbed Ceer, Eril, and Niks. So I sit in Mhojave and this lulzy stuff happens:

5160h(100%) 3893m(99%) 100%e 100%w cexkdb- (38.7%) 00:34:24.513 angel aura
    You bid your guardian angel to raise an aura to shield you.
    5160h(100%) 3793m(96%) 100%e 99%w cxkdb- (38.7%) 00:34:24.713 (-100m, 2.5%) 

»»— equilibrium —««
     (3.396s)
    5160h(100%) 3774m(96%) 100%e 99%w cexkdb- (38.7%) 00:34:28.108 (-19m, 0.5%) 
    Vayne appears from out of nowhere.
    Vayne's attack rebounds off your magical shield.
    5160h(100%) 3774m(96%) 100%e 99%w cexkdb- (38.7%) 00:34:29.541 
    You feel an aura of rebounding surround you.
    5160h(100%) 3759m(95%) 100%e 99%w cexkdb- (38.7%) 00:34:31.795 (-15m, 0.4%) 
    5160h(100%) 3759m(95%) 100%e 99%w cexkdb- (38.7%) 00:34:33.116 
    Hawek appears from out of nowhere.
    Hawek's attack rebounds off your magical shield.
    5160h(100%) 3759m(95%) 100%e 99%w cexkdb- (38.7%) 00:34:33.546 
    Vayne flays away your aura of rebounding defence.

Anyway, if you want real conflict and want to be taken seriously as a city, having your Seneschal do such inane things is not going to help.
  • For shame, Vayne. You accidentally hit flay rebounding instead of flay shield.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island

Tvistor said:
    For shame, Vayne. You accidentally hit flay rebounding instead of flay shield.
    Whoops. :)
  • Gank me, please. Maybe not two on one because I have enough problems with serpents as a priest, but double-backstabbing Eril or Ceer is lame.
  • To be fair, this Eril dude was clearly not even close to warranting a gank from two people. Shallam also isn't an actual city, so I'm guessing they don't receive the 1/3rd experience loss bonus for official 'war' status. There's no way to tell who the 'soldiers' are.

Unless Refugees are now expected to do nothing but sit shielded in New Hope, then it's cool.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Tvistor said:
    To be fair, this Eril dude was clearly not even close to warranting a gank from two people. Shallam also isn't an actual city, so I'm guessing they don't receive the 1/3rd experience loss bonus for official 'war' status. There's no way to tell who the 'soldiers' are.

Unless Refugees are now expected to do nothing but sit shielded in New Hope, then it's cool.
    Eril and Ceer (this one especially) are non-coms.  I saw Ceer the other day in "lyre" mode in the safe room and asked him why.  He had no idea the room was a safe room, which tells you all you need to know about his combat knowledge.

Also, you don't need to sit around shielded Tvistor, we got a safe room!
  • Sidonia said:
    Lyr said:
    Gank me, please. Maybe not two on one because I have enough problems with serpents as a priest, but double-backstabbing Eril or Ceer is lame.
    :|
    Try killing a serpent or blademaster as a priest, then we'll talk!
  • edited January 2013
    How do you die to a serpent as a priest, though?
  • He meant he can never kill a serpent, because it's really easy for us to get around piety.

Also Hawek never replies to my spar offers after telling me the first time that he was a combatant. :(
  • Caladbolg said:
    Darroth said:
    What I really don't like about shrines is when players bait order members with a few corpses, trying to lure them to the shrine to get jumped. Babelites do this all the time, whether it's intentional or not. Either go hunt enough to get the shrine or go away. Shallam was actually guilty of this a few days ago too. 
    Was truefavored by Pandomeniom or however you spell it for defiling his shrine then fighting the two who showed up to offer em.
    Me and Soth got TFed by Pandemonium once for attempting to raid Ashtan.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Sidonia said:
    How do you die to a serpent as a priest, though?
    Running out of willpower usually.
  • I can't believe you lost after that pit. D:
  • Tvistor said:
    I can't believe you lost after that pit. D:
    Only Thaumas and I got pitted. THEY FEAR ME. :P
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Lyr said:
    Tvistor said:
    I can't believe you lost after that pit. D:
    Only Thaumas and I got pitted. THEY FEAR ME. :P
    @vayne - Were you posting when we ganked you inside Hashan?

God Hashan can't even pit correctly :P  Actually noted improvement from even 2 days ago.
  • Yeah, Hashan was actually pretty good at supporting each other after the group got broken up. Targetting was way off though.
  • Shh, the pit was a panic reaction to the totem and disadvantage we suddenly had. It's the only time I've ever used it in an honest combat situation! I've otherwise tried to avoid ever doing so. *sniffle*
  • Achilles said:
    Actually noted improvement from even 2 days ago.
    Also Occies
  • I didn't mind them using the pit, unless it's excessive. They do need some edge. Also didn't feel like joining that raid, felt kinda like overkill already.
  • Verily said:
    Shh, the pit was a panic reaction to the totem and disadvantage we suddenly had. It's the only time I've ever used it in an honest combat situation! I've otherwise tried to avoid ever doing so. *sniffle*
    Oh, I thought it was Dodder. <3 you :D
  • edited January 2013
    Here are some lines from that prolonged conflict. I'd be pissed, too.

(Party): You say, "Hhaos - CRIPPLED!!"
    (Party): You say, "Texel - CRIPPLED!!"
    (Party): You say, "Payne - CRIPPLED!!"
    (Party): You say, "Verily - CRIPPLED!!"
    (Party): You say, "Hhaos - CRIPPLED!!"
    (Party): You say, "Cinya - CRIPPLED!!"
    (Party): You say, "Dodder - CRIPPLED!!"
    (Party): You say, "Deladan - CRIPPLED!!"
    (Party): You say, "Deladan - CRIPPLED!!"
    (Party): You say, "Alim - CRIPPLED!!"

Verily's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    With an inhuman rending sound, as if existence were being torn asunder, a pit begins to open in the ground below you. Pulsing impossibly, it seems not to be a splitting of the earth so much as a
    splitting of reality. Finally it is done, and a gaping maw of midnight and sulphur lies before you.
    Lyr is drawn screaming into the Pit of Golgotha.
    You're drawn screaming into its hellish maw.
    Refuse pit.
This discussion has been closed.