How do you pronounce your character's name?

Comments

• Niraaeth said:

Hmm! I suck at explaining pronunciations.
    When I say my name out loud, it sounds something like nee-raah(long a)-eth, but when I'm being lazy, I might just say it as nee-re(like the beginning of "reductions") and a th at the end. @Jacen pronounces it as nee-wrath or nee-wraith, I think.

I agree with @Jacen... Nee-wraith
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • Correction: (The Dojo): Jacen says, "Its more like Near-wraith, the way I pronounce it."
  • EldEld
    edited December 2013
    Nah, definitely three syllables. /nɪr'eɪɛθ/
  • Man you're so far off you're in the wrong alphabet!
  • edited December 2013
    Kross.

Like Cross, but with a much more menacing "C" sound...like a forceful one. If you hit "C" hard enough for its back to go straight and flail its arms out like "K".

Edit: Late night grammar checks, blah.
  • Sort of like Tsarina, but I didn't want a female name ending in 'a', so I just cut it off and stuck an 'e' behind.
  • Szareine said:

Sort of like Tsarina, but I didn't want a female name ending in 'a', so I just cut it off and stuck an 'e' behind.

I always thought it was Sez-arr-een

• Cathy said:

Szareine said:

Sort of like Tsarina, but I didn't want a female name ending in 'a', so I just cut it off and stuck an 'e' behind.

Isn't that the planet from Titan AE?
  • Never seen that... Maybe?

• Cathy said:

gammon-etter-rik

it's note "gah-mone-tuhrik" as I think some people thought it was due to shortening my name to "Gamone".

robotwars.wikia.com/wiki/Comengetorix

Your name always reminds me of this chap.
    Actually that's a perfect way of describing how to pronounce the stresses in "Gamoneterik".
    "To thine own self be true."
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp

Cathy said:

gammon-etter-rik

it's note "gah-mone-tuhrik" as I think some people thought it was due to shortening my name to "Gamone".

robotwars.wikia.com/wiki/Comengetorix

Your name always reminds me of this chap.
    Actually that's a perfect way of describing how to pronounce the stresses in "Gamoneterik".
  • Cathy said:

Szareine said:

That's a pretty way to pronounce it :D . But it's more like just Zarr-een, S is silent-ish and the last E is silent too. Yay for vestigial letters!
  • The K and last S in my name are also silent... call me "Ross".
  • RaynRayn thomasville
    rain
    she gave her heart the the wicker man. Sparks flew. Love burns image
  • Naevia : Nay-vee-ah.
  • (door-ee)
  • Lu-cer-na.
  • a-no-kee

a as in apple. I dunno how to indicate that phonetically.
  • Rye Lee also pronounced not a bloody female....
  • Zeen Core
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Zincor said:

Zeen Core

Oh? I just pronounce your name as Zinc(the element) and Or followed in quick succession! Surprised I got that wrong, gilded zinc man :(
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Tharvis said:
    Zeen Core
    Oh? I just pronounce your name as Zinc(the element) and Or followed in quick succession! Surprised I got that wrong, gilded zinc man :(
    Maybe your explanation of how to say it was better than mine, haha.  Yours is how I say it as well.