How do you pronounce your character's name?

Comments

• "Blar-fen-gar"
  • AlkaidAlkaid Auckland, New Zealand
    Mine is nice and easy.  Al-kay-d (same soft 'd' sound like in 'diamond', 'daytime', etc)
    All of our representatives are busy ignoring other customers. Please hold and someone will hang up on you as soon as they are available.
  • Like ...al qaed..a....     I see what you're up to...

• @saeva
    "save-ha!"

• See page 8 for pronunciation!

• L - O - N.  Well, L - O - win if you're not speaking in surfer. I know double L's can sound like Y which would make it A-O-win...but...I say Llama like 'lama,' not 'yama.'

• That was a thorough explanation, L-O-win.
  • AlkaidAlkaid Auckland, New Zealand
    Saeva said:
    Like ...al qaed..a....     I see what you're up to...
    Hah =p  Seriously though, it is pronounced the same as the character in the .hack//G.U. games
    All of our representatives are busy ignoring other customers. Please hold and someone will hang up on you as soon as they are available.
  • I named my golden desert drake "Xif". All he needs is hydraulics.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • My name is pronounced this way: Ire (as in Ireland) - van (as in van) - da (as in Ta-Da), Ire-van-da.
  • Qarri said:
    KA AH ree

or just call me "Q" for short.
    8->
    Nope, sorry, that's Qzadzia. GTFO

• The Q is silent.
  • Z - ah -ks.

Or at least that's how I pronounce it
  • SiodhachanSiodhachan Washington, USA
    Siodhachan (SHE-ya-han): Irish name

'Ya' rhymes with 'uh'
    'Han' like Han Solo from Star Wars

Thought I would clarify since people have asked me in game. Also, Hello Achaea! :)

The earth is so good to me;
    So giving and so kind.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Jin-son.
  • @Saeva Cool I have been pronouncing your name right this whole time!

as for mine

Ma-Kay-La

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    OHV-fohn, or OHV-finn. Aodhfionn was originally supposed to be the name, but, you know. Kind of missed the 'h'.'

Tbh I still read it as "Ode Phone," so w/e.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • /se.ˈli:ɹ.ɐ/ 
  • Aodfionn said:
    OHV-fohn, or OHV-finn. Aodhfionn was originally supposed to be the name, but, you know. Kind of missed the 'h'.'

Iam -so- glad you said this.. Because I have been hearing it A-odd-fee-ohnn.. Hence the Dolphin thing
    >.<
  • B-yah-koh
  • Byakko said:
    Aodfionn said:

Iam -so- glad you said this.. Because I have been hearing it A-odd-fee-ohnn.. Hence the Dolphin thing
    >.<
    Of course, now I'm always going to read it as "Oven" but that's an entirely different issue altogether.
  • Air-REED-(dha)-na - the d is soft and aspirated, not a full syllable but it's there.
  • Low-Uh-Lane. Heh easy-peasy
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    As previously covered, comparing Austere to austere is like comparing good to Good:

Awe-stare-e
  • Aereidhna said:
    Air-REED-(dha)-na - the d is soft and aspirated, not a full syllable but it's there.
    At some point my mind decided you were 'Air Raid' and I haven't been able to recover.

Vak-veer. I think some people say Vak-vire (like fire) and that's okay. I don't really care. As long as you say Vak I'll know who you're referring to.
  • LoalaineLoalaine England
    edited July 2015
    Aodfionn said:

I still can't help but say 'A-Odd-Fionn'
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Ah (Doctor: Say aaaaaa)
    Met.

Ah-met.

Ahmet.

Ya know, after typing that out, I'm thinking it really didn't need saying.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Rye-lo(horking sound).
  • BRAY-en, despite english tendency for ea to really be ee...probably should've picked a different spelling
  • I'm not sure mine really needs explaining (especially after @Loalaine explained hers..but it's Lane. As in 'lets go for a stroll down the lane' (Please don't try and stroll down me), and Arys, as in ARISE HEATHEN AND BE REBORN!