Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

If you could change one thing about a class... what would it be?

1235

Comments

  • AstarodAstarod Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Penwize said:
    Pyori said:
    How is a badger that's only been fed burgers its entire life not dead?
    That's a beaver you insensitive clod. :( :(
    Don't defend the choices that led to that beaver's chronic atherosclerosis.
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 1,812 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 27
    Torinn said:
    I'd like for them to slow it down so scripting isn't as necessary imho.  Starmourn is pretty good about it for example.  
    Starmourn is an exceptional example of how not to have combat setup. Starmourn is basically text WoW in space, and somehow more dumbed down.

  • TorinnTorinn Member Posts: 1,264 @ - Epic Achaean
    Perhaps that's your opinion but the fact I don't have to script defense is a godsend.  Of course there is probably a middle ground out there somewhere.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 1,812 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 27
    You don't have to script anything in Achaea. Doesn't mean people don't, of course.
    You don't have to script anything in Starmourn. People still do. Defence included.
    Your example is also not a very good one. There's hardly any defence-related things to do in Starmourn compared to Achaea.

  • AstarodAstarod Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited March 28
    Torinn said:
    Perhaps that's your opinion but the fact I don't have to script defense is a godsend.  Of course there is probably a middle ground out there somewhere.
    I will admit the fact that I don't have a scripted offense or defense to help me probably hinders me in duels and in group combat. However, I like to think I do well enough to enjoy combat as a section of Achaea I can develop in, regardless. I have found that experienced manual players tend to demolish bots and people who rely heavily on reflexes. It's also funny when the reflexes fail so you can just cheese the person repeatedly. 

    I dunno, I thought Starmourn combat was really dull compared to the Text-Fighting Masterpiece that Achaea offers. The key is just making aliases and highlights and I'm certain that whichever city you're in, if you contact the person who is in charge of combat and express interest- they will generally help you get started.  

    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."
  • TorinnTorinn Member Posts: 1,264 @ - Epic Achaean
    Yeah.  As I said, a mid way between the two systems.  And don't you worry, I was one of the better priest fighters.  I coded a lot of stuff for it.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • FinchyFinchy Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Is occasionally turning off your systems and seeing what happens in duels a thing? I'd say it should be a thing but then all our CL's are going to be stenographers and Korean Starcraft players.

  • VenderVender Member Posts: 288 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    In my opinion, the best pvp'ers are capable of doing both manual and scripting and can fluidly use either according to what suits their situation and need best. Also you don't really need to script defense in Achaea now that there is server-side curing system.
    it's frustration that creates desire
    not the other way around
    unless you let it
    baby, I'll let it
    Finchy
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lolMember Posts: 387 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Vender said:
    In my opinion, the best pvp'ers are capable of doing both manual and scripting and can fluidly use either according to what suits their situation and need best. Also you don't really need to script defense in Achaea now that there is server-side curing system.
    You should have some framework in order to accommodate prio-swapping
  • VenderVender Member Posts: 288 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Archaeon said:
    Vender said:
    In my opinion, the best pvp'ers are capable of doing both manual and scripting and can fluidly use either according to what suits their situation and need best. Also you don't really need to script defense in Achaea now that there is server-side curing system.
    You should have some framework in order to accommodate prio-swapping
    Mhm, I shouldn't have worded it the way I did. You shouldn't need THAT much scripting and in Starmourn you still needed to swap priorities between health, afflictions and systems. It's a lot better than the times when top pk'ers needed to code anti-illusion systems of yore.
    it's frustration that creates desire
    not the other way around
    unless you let it
    baby, I'll let it
  • ProficyProficy Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Archaeon said:
    Vender said:
    In my opinion, the best pvp'ers are capable of doing both manual and scripting and can fluidly use either according to what suits their situation and need best. Also you don't really need to script defense in Achaea now that there is server-side curing system.
    You should have some framework in order to accommodate prio-swapping
    With serverside, you can literally manage all your prios with self made alias's..

     No framework needed, especially since you can have multiple afflictions assigned to a single priority number. Meaning you can have every class prio'd almost perfect with a few swaps for certain situations.

    @Vender and yeah you gotta have an override to anything your working to be able to take full reigns of what it is your doing.

    I'm still waiting for the day they make something to hide eating minerals or herbs, to mess up people's tracking... the world would fall into chaos @Babel
    Finchy
  • IloiseeIloisee Member Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Lenn said:
    Nothing's quite as removed from fun as dying in 30 seconds and having no clue how or why it happened. The explanation rarely makes intuitive sense either, "If you have these afflictions, you die." Wait, what?
    This has been PvP for me in any game my entire life. For this reason, when I get ONE kill even though it was 99.99% due to the work of someone else and also not a truekill, I'm psyched. The fact that someone is decapping me and stealing my ears 30 seconds later is meaningless because I killed Vinzent! Yay!
  • ElisellaElisella Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Hiding herb eats means depthswalkers and limb prep classes rule the earth.
  • TaryiusTaryius Member Posts: 710 @ - Epic Achaean
    Elisella said:
    Hiding herb eats means depthswalkers and limb prep classes rule the earth.
    As nature intended
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulkingMember Posts: 2,094 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Iloisee said:
    This has been PvP for me in any game my entire life. For this reason, when I get ONE kill even though it was 99.99% due to the work of someone else and also not a truekill, I'm psyched. The fact that someone is decapping me and stealing my ears 30 seconds later is meaningless because I killed Vinzent! Yay!
    You are holding:
          ear529875           the hacked off ear of Iloisee

    You know me much too well.
    ________________________
    The soul of Ashmond says, "Always with the sniping."
    Iloisee
  • AstarodAstarod Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited March 28
    Jiraishin said:
    Iloisee said:
    This has been PvP for me in any game my entire life. For this reason, when I get ONE kill even though it was 99.99% due to the work of someone else and also not a truekill, I'm psyched. The fact that someone is decapping me and stealing my ears 30 seconds later is meaningless because I killed Vinzent! Yay!
    You are holding:
          ear529875           the hacked off ear of Iloisee

    You know me much too well.
    How do you get ears?!?! I need three, pronto:

    ear642363           the hacked off ear of @Taryius
    ear242352           the hacked off ear of @Saibel
    ear879454           the hacked off ear of @Elisella

    Why, you ask? You see..
    Long ago, the four planes lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire plane attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and my citymates and I have discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Astarod. And although his airbending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Astarod can save the world. 

    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulkingMember Posts: 2,094 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Fun fact: I once sold one of Astarod's ears for 2k.
    ________________________
    The soul of Ashmond says, "Always with the sniping."
    Iloisee
  • AstarodAstarod Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Jiraishin said:
    Fun fact: I once sold one of Astarod's ears for 2k.
    Does that mean that my body as a whole is worth more than 4K? Sweet. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."
    Jiraishin
  • AustereAustere TennesseeMember Posts: 2,272 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Proficy said:

    I'm still waiting for the day they make something to hide eating minerals or herbs, to mess up people's tracking... the world would fall into chaos @Babel
    That's what blackout is for.  I wonder how many bots @Mizik has killed in the past two weeks because they don't know how to manual their way out of a wet paper bag.  We should all invest in dustbombs. 

    Retardation is also exceptionally good for someone that wants to do manual. 
    Cooper
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulkingMember Posts: 2,094 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Astarod said:
    Jiraishin said:
    Fun fact: I once sold one of Astarod's ears for 2k.
    Does that mean that my body as a whole is worth more than 4K? Sweet. 
    Nah. They could've bought the other ear for another 2k. Didn't. So theoretically you're worth at least 4k, but nobody can stomach that much of you.
    ________________________
    The soul of Ashmond says, "Always with the sniping."
    Iloisee
  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 4,356 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 28
    Unless the body is actually a detriment to the value of the ear.

    "Yeah I got the ears, 4k for both. They are still attached to the body though so if you want to take care of that crap for me I'll drop it to 3k. I don't want to have to deal with that shit."
    Jiraishin
  • CooperCooper Member Posts: 5,261 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Austere said:
    Proficy said:

    I'm still waiting for the day they make something to hide eating minerals or herbs, to mess up people's tracking... the world would fall into chaos @Babel
    That's what blackout is for.  I wonder how many bots @Mizik has killed in the past two weeks because they don't know how to manual their way out of a wet paper bag.  We should all invest in dustbombs. 

    Retardation is also exceptionally good for someone that wants to do manual. 
    I laugh so hard every time I'm in a group fight with Targ or Eleusis and just hold down my shield illusion alias.

  • VinzentVinzent Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I'm fast enough to break a shield after I bounce at least once unless I'm really in the zone, lol. 
  • FarrahFarrah Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 2,483 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Cooper said:
    Austere said:
    Proficy said:

    I'm still waiting for the day they make something to hide eating minerals or herbs, to mess up people's tracking... the world would fall into chaos @Babel
    That's what blackout is for.  I wonder how many bots @Mizik has killed in the past two weeks because they don't know how to manual their way out of a wet paper bag.  We should all invest in dustbombs. 

    Retardation is also exceptionally good for someone that wants to do manual. 
    I laugh so hard every time I'm in a group fight with Targ or Eleusis and just hold down my shield illusion alias.

    Shield illusions are actually quite good even against manual fighters. I used them tons vs Iakimen. There is not an easy "tell" to the player whether it's fake or not unless you lump other things in the same illusion.
    AustereLenn
  • CooperCooper Member Posts: 5,261 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 28
    Farrah said:
    Cooper said:
    Austere said:
    Proficy said:

    I'm still waiting for the day they make something to hide eating minerals or herbs, to mess up people's tracking... the world would fall into chaos @Babel
    That's what blackout is for.  I wonder how many bots @Mizik has killed in the past two weeks because they don't know how to manual their way out of a wet paper bag.  We should all invest in dustbombs. 

    Retardation is also exceptionally good for someone that wants to do manual. 
    I laugh so hard every time I'm in a group fight with Targ or Eleusis and just hold down my shield illusion alias.

    Shield illusions are actually quite good even against manual fighters. I used them tons vs Iakimen. There is not an easy "tell" to the player whether it's fake or not unless you lump other things in the same illusion.
    1v1 it can be an absolute nightmare, yeah. I had some fun with Penwize (I think?) with alternating randomly between shield and shield illusion. Something like...

    rs (real shield)
    is (illusion shield)
    rs
    rs
    is
    is
    is
    rs
    is
    is
    rs
    rs
    is
    evade away loling

    Edit: Also I didn't mean to throw that much shade at you guys, some (most?) of Mhaldor would also have issues with that if used against them. Not me tho cause I couldn't get AK to track rebounding/shield right LOL.

    TorinnCaelanJethan
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 1,812 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 28
    Farrah said:
    Shield illusions are actually quite good even against manual fighters. I used them tons vs Iakimen. There is not an easy "tell" to the player whether it's fake or not unless you lump other things in the same illusion.
    Bard is fun versus people who auto to this extent, with their illusions being on voice bal.

  • FarrahFarrah Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 2,483 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 28
    Cooper said:
    Farrah said:
    Cooper said:
    Austere said:
    Proficy said:

    I'm still waiting for the day they make something to hide eating minerals or herbs, to mess up people's tracking... the world would fall into chaos @Babel
    That's what blackout is for.  I wonder how many bots @Mizik has killed in the past two weeks because they don't know how to manual their way out of a wet paper bag.  We should all invest in dustbombs. 

    Retardation is also exceptionally good for someone that wants to do manual. 
    I laugh so hard every time I'm in a group fight with Targ or Eleusis and just hold down my shield illusion alias.

    Shield illusions are actually quite good even against manual fighters. I used them tons vs Iakimen. There is not an easy "tell" to the player whether it's fake or not unless you lump other things in the same illusion.
    1v1 it can be an absolute nightmare, yeah. I had some fun with Penwize (I think?) with alternating randomly between shield and shield illusion. Something like...

    rs (real shield)
    is (illusion shield)
    rs
    rs
    is
    is
    is
    rs
    is
    is
    rs
    rs
    is
    evade away loling

    Edit: Also I didn't mean to throw that much shade at you guys, some (most?) of Mhaldor would also have issues with that if used against them. Not me tho cause I couldn't get AK to track rebounding/shield right LOL.

    You're missing my point though. Yeah, plenty of people in every city auto-raze and fall for shield illusions that way. But not having auto-raze would only make you immune if you never raze at all until you've already hit shield once, which seems really bad practice to me. Even a manual fighter who is watching for shield and hitting a raze alias when they see shield will fall for shield illusions.
  • TaryiusTaryius Member Posts: 710 @ - Epic Achaean
    Farrah said:
    Cooper said:
    Farrah said:
    Cooper said:
    Austere said:
    Proficy said:

    I'm still waiting for the day they make something to hide eating minerals or herbs, to mess up people's tracking... the world would fall into chaos @Babel
    That's what blackout is for.  I wonder how many bots @Mizik has killed in the past two weeks because they don't know how to manual their way out of a wet paper bag.  We should all invest in dustbombs. 

    Retardation is also exceptionally good for someone that wants to do manual. 
    I laugh so hard every time I'm in a group fight with Targ or Eleusis and just hold down my shield illusion alias.

    Shield illusions are actually quite good even against manual fighters. I used them tons vs Iakimen. There is not an easy "tell" to the player whether it's fake or not unless you lump other things in the same illusion.
    1v1 it can be an absolute nightmare, yeah. I had some fun with Penwize (I think?) with alternating randomly between shield and shield illusion. Something like...

    rs (real shield)
    is (illusion shield)
    rs
    rs
    is
    is
    is
    rs
    is
    is
    rs
    rs
    is
    evade away loling

    Edit: Also I didn't mean to throw that much shade at you guys, some (most?) of Mhaldor would also have issues with that if used against them. Not me tho cause I couldn't get AK to track rebounding/shield right LOL.

    You're missing my point though. Yeah, plenty of people in every city auto-raze and fall for shield illusions that way. But not having auto-raze would only make you immune if you never raze at all until you've already hit shield once, which seems really bad practice to me. Even a manual fighter who is watching for shield and hitting a raze alias when they see shield will fall for shield illusions.
    Earthstrike master race!
    Farrah
  • FarrahFarrah Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 2,483 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 28
    Taryius said:
    Farrah said:
    Cooper said:
    Farrah said:
    Cooper said:
    Austere said:
    Proficy said:

    I'm still waiting for the day they make something to hide eating minerals or herbs, to mess up people's tracking... the world would fall into chaos @Babel
    That's what blackout is for.  I wonder how many bots @Mizik has killed in the past two weeks because they don't know how to manual their way out of a wet paper bag.  We should all invest in dustbombs. 

    Retardation is also exceptionally good for someone that wants to do manual. 
    I laugh so hard every time I'm in a group fight with Targ or Eleusis and just hold down my shield illusion alias.

    Shield illusions are actually quite good even against manual fighters. I used them tons vs Iakimen. There is not an easy "tell" to the player whether it's fake or not unless you lump other things in the same illusion.
    1v1 it can be an absolute nightmare, yeah. I had some fun with Penwize (I think?) with alternating randomly between shield and shield illusion. Something like...

    rs (real shield)
    is (illusion shield)
    rs
    rs
    is
    is
    is
    rs
    is
    is
    rs
    rs
    is
    evade away loling

    Edit: Also I didn't mean to throw that much shade at you guys, some (most?) of Mhaldor would also have issues with that if used against them. Not me tho cause I couldn't get AK to track rebounding/shield right LOL.

    You're missing my point though. Yeah, plenty of people in every city auto-raze and fall for shield illusions that way. But not having auto-raze would only make you immune if you never raze at all until you've already hit shield once, which seems really bad practice to me. Even a manual fighter who is watching for shield and hitting a raze alias when they see shield will fall for shield illusions.
    Earthstrike master race!
    OP (then we bring in the rebounding illusions).
    Taryius
Sign In to Comment.