If you could change one thing about a class... what would it be?

Comments

• Penwize said:
    Pyori said:
    How is a badger that's only been fed burgers its entire life not dead?
    That's a beaver you insensitive clod. :(:(
    Don't defend the choices that led to that beaver's chronic atherosclerosis.
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • edited March 2019
    Torinn said:
    I'd like for them to slow it down so scripting isn't as necessary imho.  Starmourn is pretty good about it for example.  
    Starmourn is an exceptional example of how not to have combat setup. Starmourn is basically text WoW in space, and somehow more dumbed down.

• Perhaps that's your opinion but the fact I don't have to script defense is a godsend.  Of course there is probably a middle ground out there somewhere.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited March 2019
    You don't have to script anything in Achaea. Doesn't mean people don't, of course.
    You don't have to script anything in Starmourn. People still do. Defence included.
    Your example is also not a very good one. There's hardly any defence-related things to do in Starmourn compared to Achaea.

• edited March 2019
    Torinn said:
    Perhaps that's your opinion but the fact I don't have to script defense is a godsend.  Of course there is probably a middle ground out there somewhere.
    I will admit the fact that I don't have a scripted offense or defense to help me probably hinders me in duels and in group combat. However, I like to think I do well enough to enjoy combat as a section of Achaea I can develop in, regardless. I have found that experienced manual players tend to demolish bots and people who rely heavily on reflexes. It's also funny when the reflexes fail so you can just cheese the person repeatedly. 

I dunno, I thought Starmourn combat was really dull compared to the Text-Fighting Masterpiece that Achaea offers. The key is just making aliases and highlights and I'm certain that whichever city you're in, if you contact the person who is in charge of combat and express interest- they will generally help you get started.  

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Yeah.  As I said, a mid way between the two systems.  And don't you worry, I was one of the better priest fighters.  I coded a lot of stuff for it.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Is occasionally turning off your systems and seeing what happens in duels a thing? I'd say it should be a thing but then all our CL's are going to be stenographers and Korean Starcraft players.

• In my opinion, the best pvp'ers are capable of doing both manual and scripting and can fluidly use either according to what suits their situation and need best. Also you don't really need to script defense in Achaea now that there is server-side curing system.
    spread positivity
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Vender said:
    In my opinion, the best pvp'ers are capable of doing both manual and scripting and can fluidly use either according to what suits their situation and need best. Also you don't really need to script defense in Achaea now that there is server-side curing system.
    You should have some framework in order to accommodate prio-swapping
  • Archaeon said:
    Vender said:
    In my opinion, the best pvp'ers are capable of doing both manual and scripting and can fluidly use either according to what suits their situation and need best. Also you don't really need to script defense in Achaea now that there is server-side curing system.
    Mhm, I shouldn't have worded it the way I did. You shouldn't need THAT much scripting and in Starmourn you still needed to swap priorities between health, afflictions and systems. It's a lot better than the times when top pk'ers needed to code anti-illusion systems of yore.
    spread positivity
  • Archaeon said:
    Vender said:
    With serverside, you can literally manage all your prios with self made alias's..

No framework needed, especially since you can have multiple afflictions assigned to a single priority number. Meaning you can have every class prio'd almost perfect with a few swaps for certain situations.

@Vender and yeah you gotta have an override to anything your working to be able to take full reigns of what it is your doing.

I'm still waiting for the day they make something to hide eating minerals or herbs, to mess up people's tracking... the world would fall into chaos @Babel
  • Lenn said:
    Nothing's quite as removed from fun as dying in 30 seconds and having no clue how or why it happened. The explanation rarely makes intuitive sense either, "If you have these afflictions, you die." Wait, what?
    This has been PvP for me in any game my entire life. For this reason, when I get ONE kill even though it was 99.99% due to the work of someone else and also not a truekill, I'm psyched. The fact that someone is decapping me and stealing my ears 30 seconds later is meaningless because I killed Vinzent! Yay!
  • Hiding herb eats means depthswalkers and limb prep classes rule the earth.
  • Elisella said:
    Hiding herb eats means depthswalkers and limb prep classes rule the earth.
    As nature intended
  • Iloisee said:
    This has been PvP for me in any game my entire life. For this reason, when I get ONE kill even though it was 99.99% due to the work of someone else and also not a truekill, I'm psyched. The fact that someone is decapping me and stealing my ears 30 seconds later is meaningless because I killed Vinzent! Yay!
    You are holding:
          ear529875           the hacked off ear of Iloisee

You know me much too well.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • edited March 2019
    Jiraishin said:
    Iloisee said:
    You are holding:
          ear529875           the hacked off ear of Iloisee

You know me much too well.
    How do you get ears?!?! I need three, pronto:

ear642363           the hacked off ear of @Taryius
    ear242352           the hacked off ear of @Saibel
    ear879454           the hacked off ear of @Elisella

Why, you ask? You see..
    Long ago, the four planes lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire plane attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and my citymates and I have discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Astarod. And although his airbending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Astarod can save the world. 

• Fun fact: I once sold one of Astarod's ears for 2k.

• Jiraishin said:
    Fun fact: I once sold one of Astarod's ears for 2k.
    Does that mean that my body as a whole is worth more than 4K? Sweet. 

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Proficy said:

I'm still waiting for the day they make something to hide eating minerals or herbs, to mess up people's tracking... the world would fall into chaos @Babel
    That's what blackout is for.  I wonder how many bots @Mizik has killed in the past two weeks because they don't know how to manual their way out of a wet paper bag.  We should all invest in dustbombs. 

Retardation is also exceptionally good for someone that wants to do manual. 
  • Astarod said:
    Jiraishin said:
    Fun fact: I once sold one of Astarod's ears for 2k.
    Does that mean that my body as a whole is worth more than 4K? Sweet. 
    Nah. They could've bought the other ear for another 2k. Didn't. So theoretically you're worth at least 4k, but nobody can stomach that much of you.

• edited March 2019
    Unless the body is actually a detriment to the value of the ear.

"Yeah I got the ears, 4k for both. They are still attached to the body though so if you want to take care of that crap for me I'll drop it to 3k. I don't want to have to deal with that shit."
  • Austere said:
    Proficy said:

That's what blackout is for.  I wonder how many bots @Mizik has killed in the past two weeks because they don't know how to manual their way out of a wet paper bag.  We should all invest in dustbombs. 

I laugh so hard every time I'm in a group fight with Targ or Eleusis and just hold down my shield illusion alias.

• I'm fast enough to break a shield after I bounce at least once unless I'm really in the zone, lol. 
  • Cooper said:
    Austere said:
    Proficy said:

I laugh so hard every time I'm in a group fight with Targ or Eleusis and just hold down my shield illusion alias.

Shield illusions are actually quite good even against manual fighters. I used them tons vs Iakimen. There is not an easy "tell" to the player whether it's fake or not unless you lump other things in the same illusion.
  • edited March 2019
    Farrah said:
    Cooper said:
    Austere said:
    Proficy said:

Shield illusions are actually quite good even against manual fighters. I used them tons vs Iakimen. There is not an easy "tell" to the player whether it's fake or not unless you lump other things in the same illusion.
    1v1 it can be an absolute nightmare, yeah. I had some fun with Penwize (I think?) with alternating randomly between shield and shield illusion. Something like...

rs (real shield)
    is (illusion shield)
    rs
    rs
    is
    is
    is
    rs
    is
    is
    rs
    rs
    is
    evade away loling

Edit: Also I didn't mean to throw that much shade at you guys, some (most?) of Mhaldor would also have issues with that if used against them. Not me tho cause I couldn't get AK to track rebounding/shield right LOL.

• edited March 2019
    Farrah said:
    Bard is fun versus people who auto to this extent, with their illusions being on voice bal.

• edited March 2019
    Cooper said:
    Farrah said:
    Cooper said:
    Austere said:
    Proficy said:

1v1 it can be an absolute nightmare, yeah. I had some fun with Penwize (I think?) with alternating randomly between shield and shield illusion. Something like...

rs (real shield)
    is (illusion shield)
    rs
    rs
    is
    is
    is
    rs
    is
    is
    rs
    rs
    is
    evade away loling

Edit: Also I didn't mean to throw that much shade at you guys, some (most?) of Mhaldor would also have issues with that if used against them. Not me tho cause I couldn't get AK to track rebounding/shield right LOL.

You're missing my point though. Yeah, plenty of people in every city auto-raze and fall for shield illusions that way. But not having auto-raze would only make you immune if you never raze at all until you've already hit shield once, which seems really bad practice to me. Even a manual fighter who is watching for shield and hitting a raze alias when they see shield will fall for shield illusions.
  • Farrah said:
    Cooper said:
    Farrah said:
    Cooper said:
    Austere said:
    Proficy said:

rs (real shield)
    is (illusion shield)
    rs
    rs
    is
    is
    is
    rs
    is
    is
    rs
    rs
    is
    evade away loling

You're missing my point though. Yeah, plenty of people in every city auto-raze and fall for shield illusions that way. But not having auto-raze would only make you immune if you never raze at all until you've already hit shield once, which seems really bad practice to me. Even a manual fighter who is watching for shield and hitting a raze alias when they see shield will fall for shield illusions.
    Earthstrike master race!
  • edited March 2019
    Taryius said:
    Farrah said:
    Cooper said:
    Farrah said:
    Cooper said:
    Austere said:
    Proficy said:

rs (real shield)
    is (illusion shield)
    rs
    rs
    is
    is
    is
    rs
    is
    is
    rs
    rs
    is
    evade away loling

Earthstrike master race!
    OP (then we bring in the rebounding illusions).