May Promotion

Comments

• Solnir said:
    I traded my Nicator for an Ugrach, because to me Ugrach was more valuable.

I'll trade you a @Minifie for a Nicator?
  • Plak said:
    Solnir said:

Say that IC :angry:
  • I am probably paying the most for Lucaine right now, and still nobody will sell to me. DO YOU PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND THE IRONY YOU ARE PREVENTING!
  • Minifie said:
    Plak said:
    Solnir said:

Say that IC :angry:

// I'll trade anyone @Minifie for a Nicator, please.
  • Mezghar said:
    I am probably paying the most for Lucaine right now, and still nobody will sell to me. DO YOU PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND THE IRONY YOU ARE PREVENTING!
    Everyone get this man a Lucaine now.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Aralaya said:
    Mezghar said:
    I am probably paying the most for Lucaine right now, and still nobody will sell to me. DO YOU PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND THE IRONY YOU ARE PREVENTING!
    Everyone get this man a Lucaine now.
    I dunno why he wants it so bad. He can't see in the first place, not like he needs it.

• Lucaine was the first card I opened. 

@Mezghar

• Lucaine is the only card I care about, and no because of the ability it has

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I just want to know if people are getting cards just to collect cards. 
  • Rangor said:
    I just want to know if people are getting cards just to collect cards. 
    There are a couple I actually care about, but mostly I want to complete the set just so I have them all.
  • The top 30 most valuable baseball cards - they aren't worth $0.01 cents to me but to some people, they're worth $50k - $2.8 million  ;) Same thing as bitcoin, I personally think it's garbage and a prime example of the Greater Fool Theory but supply/demand.

That's why I don't have Amazing Spiderman #129.   Coveted for many years.  Still not worth more than $100 to me.

• Antonius said:
    Rangor said:
    There are a couple I actually care about, but mostly I want to complete the set just so I have them all.
    But whyyyy
  • Rangor said:
    Antonius said:
    Rangor said:
    But whyyyy
    Why not?
  • Antonius said:
    Rangor said:
    Antonius said:
    Rangor said:
    But whyyyy
    Why not?
    Cause there are children in Africa starving that you could feed instead. :)
  • So has anyone tested to see if the 'crit-attack card' will work on mobs where they not longer can be critable? 
  • Makarios said no. Doesn’t work on non crit mobs. 

• There's no artificial inflation unless one dude or a small group holds a monopoly on all the supply of Lucaine cards. It's just basic supply and demand. Unless... it is just one dude hoarding all the Lucaine cards. >->
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • a playing card featuring Ama-maalier, Fulcrum of the Meld
    a playing card featuring Catarin deSangre, The Just
    a playing card featuring Catarin deSangre, The Just
    a playing card featuring Lord Ugrach, The Finality

Whyyyyy :(

• You know why!!

You know!!
  • Thanks for posting this, @Nataliia. It's something I was wondering about myself.
  • Matic can give you a 16x, 32x or 64x. For a common card this thing would be delicious. It is not, it is rare. 
  • I bought 100 credits on a whim, mostly for the deck in case I ever wanted cards in the future, and ended up getting Matic as my very first draw. Pretty happy with that.
  • edited May 2018

This happened twice, followed by an AP crit. Matic not worth it.

You draw a card from your deck, looking upon the solemn face of Matic Ridley. Lethal clarity
    overcomes you, a determination to strike once and strike true.
    a card depicting Matic Ridley, The Salvation may be used 2 more times before its potential will need
    to be restored.

A golden eye blinks once slowly and the door swings shut to the north.

As you reach out and touch a golden eye, a faint red aura begins to hum around it.
    As you reach out to push a golden eye, the faint red aura that surrounds it begins to glow
    brilliantly.

A powerful light begins to glow from a golden eye as the metallic door to the north swings open
    quickly.

Inside the Chieftain's hut (indoors).
    There are 3 xorani guardians here. Presiding over the Xoran village is the regal looking chieftain,
    Krui.
    You see a single exit leading south (open door).
    A xorani guardian says, "Greetings, Minifie. I do hope, for your sake, that you mind yourself within
    our walls."
    You slip behind Chieftain Krui and garrote him with your whip.
    *-*-*-*   You have scored an OBLITERATING CRITICAL hit!   *-*-*-*
    A xorani guardian springs to Chieftain Krui's defence.

• Even as a dragon with a L3 pendant and multiple other crit bonuses, you have about an 87% chance of getting less than obliterating. Even if all it does is upgrade lower crits and non-crits to obliterating and doesn't improve your chances of higher crits, that makes a pretty significant difference.
  • Matic:        Your next attack is guaranteed to be a high end crit.
                  3 charges, regens 1 per hour.

it sounds more like "it increases your crit chance by a fix %" then, and the card's description is wrong. There are 6 tiers of critical, 2 4 8 16 32 64, if 8 and up is "high end" then I'm not sure what to say. Like I said before, if it was common this would be ok, but it isn't, and it demands a kinda of half decent price to it. 
  • edited May 2018
    One big caveat: had this information been mapped out, it would have been fine, this card is going to be a pain in the ass to test, but the wording lead a lot of people to believe it is a 32x or higher, add in the rarity and it affected the price. Had I known what the card was capable of BEFORE hand I’d have only paid half what I did. Clarity is missing here, and it’s not the first time I’ve spent and then been burned. Definitely going to just wait for others to heavily test items before I bother now.

going to do terrible math, but if I go full tilt, I can average garroting something every 3 seconds for an hour. That’s 1200 garrotes, 87% will be less than obliterating, and let’s ignore battlerage attacks. That’s 1044 garrotes that’ll be less than obliterating. If I use matic once an hour, that drops the number to 1043 less thab oblit crits.

lets say I am at a garrote every 5s, 720 garrotes, 627 will be below oblit, with matic, 626 will be. 

This isn’t significant, this id >ok< for a common card, not for one that is currently rare.
  • I didn't and still really don't understand what the craze for the Matic card was, and I couldn't imagine paying more than the average for the rest of the cards. It's only 3 criticals up front, and then one critical an hour afterward. Even then, I personally wouldn't pay 50cr for that. Definitely not trying to pour salt on the wound, but that sounds like a good idea. It's been like this for as long as I've been playing, the whole vagueness/having to test for numbers.
  • edited May 2018
    Worst-case scenario is it multiplies your average damage (before accounting for crit paragons) by about 2.5 at top-end crit rate (level 100+, +8% total crit bonuses), and by 6.4 at level 80 with no crit bonus.
    That's if you roll for your crit as normal, and if it's less than obliterating, you get obliterating instead.
    Do you have a crucious paragon, the one that allows for 64x crits (because normally they're not possible)? If not, then it means that Matic is allowing you to get higher crits than you normally could, and is better than this worst-case scenario.
    Even if it is this worst case, the ability to more than double your average damage (or more than sextuple at mid-level) for 1 hit per hour is pretty useful and compares well to other artefacts considering the price, though moreso for classes with slow attacks (I'd probably be pretty annoyed with it as a monk, assuming it only applies to one hit of a combo).

Better case  scenario (though I suspect the actual functionality is still better than this) is that it simply starts you out at obliterating in place of normal attacks, and rolls for higher crits as usual from there. In that case (same assumptions as before), it multiplies your average damage by about 4.5 at top end, 7.8 at mid-level.
    Again, if Matic is actually allowing for 64x hits, then it's probably even better than this.