May Promotion

Comments

• Lucianus said:
    Got confirmation from Admin.

It is suppose to affect leader as well and there is no need to be in a party. If required then it should be bugged.
    So it doesn't work while solo, but the person gets the 30% benefit if they have people following them.

• Pyori said:
    Lucianus said:
    Got confirmation from Admin.

It is suppose to affect leader as well and there is no need to be in a party. If required then it should be bugged.
    So it doesn't work while solo, but the person gets the 30% benefit if they have people following them.
    Aww so it doesn't give just me a bonus? I'm a group of one right?
  • Can also see a group sending one guy in, using the card, then travel in.
  • I'm getting a bit of low ball offers as well, but at the same time you can't really blame people for asking/trying for the best deal possible. It's kind of confusing on the market right now too because of how wildly different everyone values the different cards. People want to offer 50cr-400cr. Can't really base it off anything besides demand as well, since they all redeem for 35cr.
  • When someone's asking 200cr for Yudhi, you know there's a problem
  • edited May 2018
    Iohanna said:
    I'm getting a bit of low ball offers as well, but at the same time you can't really blame people for asking/trying for the best deal possible. It's kind of confusing on the market right now too because of how wildly different everyone values the different cards. People want to offer 50cr-400cr. Can't really base it off anything besides demand as well, since they all redeem for 35cr.
    When you know everyone on market is offering 3-400+ for Lucaine cards, you don't try and lowball someone who doesn't know, for 100cr. There's aren't people who didn't know the value. They very much knew the value; they knew that she didn't, though. It is beyond scummy.

• Pyori said:
    Iohanna said:
    I'm getting a bit of low ball offers as well, but at the same time you can't really blame people for asking/trying for the best deal possible. It's kind of confusing on the market right now too because of how wildly different everyone values the different cards. People want to offer 50cr-400cr. Can't really base it off anything besides demand as well, since they all redeem for 35cr.
    When you know everyone on market is offering 3-400+ for Lucaine cards, you don't try and lowball someone who doesn't know, for 100cr. There's aren't people who didn't know the value. They very much knew the value; they knew that she didn't, though. It is beyond scummy.
    I don't think any of these cards are worth more than 100cr. People are just desperate and rich, so artificial inflation makes it seem like cards are worth that much. Take advantage of it, by all means, but keep in mind it's not a set price by any stretch of the imagination
  • edited May 2018
    Aegoth said:
    Pyori said:
    Iohanna said:
    I don't think any of these cards are worth more than 100cr. People are just desperate and rich, so artificial inflation makes it seem like cards are worth that much. Take advantage of it, by all means, but keep in mind it's not a set price by any stretch of the imagination
    You offered more than 100 last night, though.

And that's fine if you don't think that; my issue is with people trying to rip of those who aren't sure of what the 'standard' offering has been for the cards, when they know full well they're ripping said person off. Nobody tried offering below 200, when I advertised them for her. Including the person who tried lowballing her =)

• Pyori said:
    Ended up turning that 1000cr purchase into a bit over 3000cr.
    That makes me want to buy credits actually.
    There's only a couple I'd bother keeping and I had no idea many were selling for more than ~50cr.

See, the promo is working :anguished:
  • Their value is 35 credits, as set by the admin.

This works both ways. I feel that someone selling something for 13x the value is ripping people off.

If something is worth 100 credits to me, I'm going to offer 100 credits. I don't care if someone else thinks it is worth more.

It isn't my responsibility to make sure the seller gets the most possible amount of credits. That is their responsibility, and 100% their fault if they don't do that. 

• imo, paying anything above tradein value is definitely not ripping anyone off, regardless of how much others may be paying for it. 

Also, that wasn't my own offer, I was asking for a friend. No way I'd pay that much!
  • You tear open a decorated sleeve and delightedly pull a playing card featuring Overlord Agith'maal from within!
    You tear open a decorated sleeve and delightedly pull a playing card featuring Overlord Agith'maal from within!
    You tear open a decorated sleeve and delightedly pull a playing card featuring Overlord Agith'maal from within!
    You tear open a decorated sleeve and happily pull a playing card featuring Severian Marcella, The Hand from within!

...wat.
  • edited May 2018
    Cooper said:
    Their value is 35 credits, as set by the admin.

This works both ways. I feel that someone selling something for 13x the value is ripping people off.

If something is worth 100 credits to me, I'm going to offer 100 credits. I don't care if someone else thinks it is worth more.

It isn't my responsibility to make sure the seller gets the most possible amount of credits. That is their responsibility, and 100% their fault if they don't do that. 
    Yes, as you just said. Worth ~= actual value. Technically speaking, though, since they tradein for 35 their 'actual value' would be ~50. Not 35, since tradein is generally 66%, not full amounts.

But! Like I said, you're absolutely free to think something is worth <x> amount. If you don't think something is worth what others are paying as the 'standard amount' then that's your prerogative to not pay that much. Just don't try and guilt people into selling it for the amount you think it's worth, when what you think isn't what the majority think, like a few tried doing. (nobody who's posted in this thread so far, fortunately) That is all!

• Something is only worth, what someone else is willing to pay for it... lowballing would be offering less than its redeem value.

Like that nicator card everyone is paying so much for.... kinda 100% worthless to me, some tried to sell it to me for over 200 creds.

Point being, is if you want a certain amount for an item, advertise your selling it for that much.... you scam artists who just advertise your selling an item, waiting for someone to say a magical crazy number.... kinda ruin the market for everyone. You can't be low balled of you have an expectation announced, but if your just selling... people are going to offer what it is worth to THEM initially.
  • edited May 2018
    Proficy said:
    lowballing would be offering less than its redeem value.
    Lowballing means to offer an unrealistic offer. Just because you think something is worth <x> amount, doesn't mean you're not lowballing. I'd fully expect to be turned down if I offered 270cr for a ring of flying talisman set for example, even if that's all I thought it was worth.

Proficy said:
    you scam artists who just advertise your selling an item, waiting for someone to say a magical crazy number...
    That's also not what scamming is.
    Proficy said:
     but if your just selling... people are going to offer what it is worth to THEM initially.
    I acknowledged this, already.

• edited May 2018
    Any offer that isn't below 35cr in all of these cases are realistic offers though.

I think I paid 280cr to Seragorn for my RoF talisman. Above redeem, and def not lowballing
  • edited May 2018
    Aegoth said:
    Any offer that isn't below 35cr in all of these cases are realistic offers though.
    Rarity is a thing that shouldn't be discounted, when determining prices.

Unless you legitimately believe it's realistic, for example, to offer the same prices for buying an ugrach card compared to buying an ashaxei card.

In which case lol.

• edited May 2018
    Prof has a point, though. If you already know the minimum price you want, come out and say it outright instead of hoping someone highballs you instead lol. If someone tells me like 'idk offer' I'm gonna give you an absolute garbage price out of spite.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    This is why I just redeem shit.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kiet said:
    Prof has a point, though. If you already know the minimum price you want, come out and say it outright instead of hoping someone highballs you instead lol. If someone tells me like 'idk offer' I'm gonna give you an absolute garbage price out of spite.

I do this too.  a) I have more important shit to worry about than tracking the card-market.; b) It is pretty clear they either have no idea what it's worth, or are fishing for a ridiculous price.  I'll give you the ridiculous price, but it isn't in the direction you're looking for.

• Something I learned about bargaining while travelling in Asia - initial offers and counteroffers need to be unrealistic, otherwise the final agreement will not be a fair price. I hate it, personally.

While I want to agree with you, Pyori, a sad truth is that if you don't set the price, you're inviting people to haggle. And the rules of haggling are thousands of years old - literally as old as mankind. I'd say your sister, and maybe you too, learned something important?

• edited May 2018
    So from my point of view the cards are worth 35 credits+ 

50 seems fair across the board tbh. However if someone offers 400 credits you would be mad not to accept.
  • Jafin said:
    So from my point of view the cards are worth 35 credits+ 

50 seems fair across the board tbh. However if someone offers 400 credits you would be mad not to accept.
    You'd be similarly mad for accepting 50 for any of the very rare, and highly sought after cards.

• People should sell Lucaine to me obv because I'd pay a lot for it. :(
  • Farrah said:
    People should sell Lucaine to me obv because I'd pay a lot for it. :(
    Maybe you should've been around at like 5am your time, when I sold it! Gosh.

• edited May 2018
    The top 30 most valuable baseball cards - they aren't worth $0.01 cents to me but to some people, they're worth $50k - $2.8 million  ;) Same thing as bitcoin, I personally think it's garbage and a prime example of the Greater Fool Theory but supply/demand.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • I traded my Nicator for an Ugrach, because to me Ugrach was more valuable.
  • Solnir said:
    I traded my Nicator for an Ugrach, because to me Ugrach was more valuable.