Refugees of Shallam, how are you coping?

Comments

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Well, this thread sure crashed and burnt overnight.
  • Fair enough. I know next to nothing about Hashan, so I could easily be wrong.
  • Eld said:
    Tanaar said:
    I'm searching for something like "cleansing the ____ alone would take fifty year," but I can't think of anything in Hashan notable enough.
    House of Delights, perhaps.

What I don't get is people who don't primarily play Shallamese asking to be kept up to speed on refugee activities.
    .. Because threads like this could and _should_ affect the whole game, not some very specific group of people and only that group of people.

I didn't come back to Achaea to play some game where cities are self-contained, self-sustaining and never interact outside of that. I came back to play a game where there's enough constant intrigue, struggle and whatnot to make the game _interesting_.

I haven't asked in-game because I'm waiting to _see_ the effects of it in-game. I'm asking outside here out of pure curiousity.

• Aktillum said:
    Horkvals have boobs now, so I'm skeptical about what I believe from the canon.
    They have for about seven years, from the oldest art of a female horkval. This assurance is Delphinus™ sealed and approved.

The ADP has always been a mix of mostly good guidelines, now commonly recognised, mixed in with some iffy/bad ones.
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited January 2013
    Delphinus said:

Aktillum said:
    Horkvals have boobs now, so I'm skeptical about what I believe from the canon.
    They have for about seven years, from the oldest art of a female horkval. This assurance is Delphinus™ sealed and approved.
    If we're thinking of the same one, she had more of a curved chestplate to imply feminity. Horkvals just have straight up bazoombas now.
    imageedit: ok, i don't know what to call those.

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    How the hell did the discussion about Horkval boobs invade the Shallam thread?
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Aerek said:
    How the hell did the discussion about Horkval boobs invade the Shallam thread?
    Hell, we even discused here Hashan relevance.. what's wrong with Horkval boobs

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited January 2013
    Horkval boobs are relevant because they feel like a retcon, but can be chalked up to the individual's interpretation. I forget.

• In other news, recent interactions between the refugees and Aurora and Deucalion have been wonderful as of late.

• Were they horkvals?

• @Silas don't know. All I could determine was they are relevant.

• Now only if this worked on this thread... Seriously back to refugees.
     And I think the only excuse for this hard a crash probably involves liquor and hangovers of the dwarven order. Of which all such are now welcome to embrace their inner dwarf and apply to be Aleswillers.

Meantime @Erikarn I do agree it has impact on other players but it is the faction itself that will have to live with the decisions therefore much of what gets done needs to be oriented around them building a correct and workable model.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • Iocun said:
    As Silas just pointed out, that's a bit a weird statement, coming from someone whose character joined Ashtan, which arguably is just as suited for an easy relaxed life as Hashan and Cyrene.
    Ashtan's pretty bad, but it remains a major axis of conflict; this goes a long way towards justifying its existence for as long as that (babel) lasts.

As for Mhaldor crumbling when it split from Ashtan being proof for whatever point was being argued by whoever - as someone who was close to the heart of the group which was keeping both cities afloat, I can say quite honestly that it could easily have gone either way.

While the "do what you want vs rp a slave" argument might have had some influence, it boiled down, essentially, to which side had the active god/s at the time. There were many points throughout that alliance where Mhaldor had the vast majority of 'team red's skilled combatants/leaders/people who were enjoyable to play with - playing in Mhaldor takes a lot of energy though, and it isn't something you can maintain when the primary way for established players in established factions to enhance the depth of their game experience is to interact with their divine, and the grass is so much greener elsewhere.

Sorry, necessary re-derail to correct a nonsense opinion or two.
  • Mhaldor has no grass at all. :(
  • Lycopods. Lycopods count.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Probably because they get paid.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • There are more guards than there are actual combat-capable members of any Mhaldorian House. :(

Also, I'm going to form some sort of assassin union if you don't start paying me.
  • So no one can join the Refugee's or any of the House-Clans now?
  • Pardinen said:
    So no one can join the Refugee's or any of the House-Clans now?

As far as I know, no. 

• I hear the Refugees are lackeys of the monarchist state and you'd have to be a total noob to want to join them.
  • Synbios said:
    Tvistor said:
    I hear the Refugees are lackeys of the monarchist state and you'd have to be a total noob to want to join them.

I hear Naga who make unsubstantiated claims like that get taken away to the Inquisitional Chambers of Penitence, with a wonderful rehabilitation programme consisting of:

1. Strapped to a table with mechanical arms constantly striking their hamstrings. Forever.
    2. Punching machines infused with voidfist.
    3. Alternating repetitions of nerve-paralysis strikes(delivered by needle-like implements) and impales from machine-assisted blades.
    4. Forced starburst-inking and brokenstar loops.
    5. Tied to a chair and made to watch an endless video loop of someone breathing deeply.
    You're more Mhaldorian than the Mhaldorians :(
  • Synbios said:
    Tvistor said:
    I hear the Refugees are lackeys of the monarchist state and you'd have to be a total noob to want to join them.

I hear Naga who make unsubstantiated claims like that get taken away to the Inquisitional Chambers of Penitence, with a wonderful rehabilitation programme consisting of:

1. Strapped to a table with mechanical arms constantly striking their hamstrings. Forever.
    2. Punching machines infused with voidfist.
    3. Alternating repetitions of nerve-paralysis strikes(delivered by needle-like implements) and impales from machine-assisted blades.
    4. Forced starburst-inking and brokenstar loops.
    5. Tied to a chair and made to watch an endless video loop of someone breathing deeply.
    You're more Mhaldorian than the Mhaldorians :(
    I...may have probably submitted something like this as an idea for the new city. Might that be the reason for the recent Naga disappearances?

This discussion has been closed.