Professions

Comments

• HataruHataru Midwest USA
    Caelan said:
    Nicola said:
    In terms of training and expertise I was a farm manager and a racehorse breeder. Now I'm full time Co-Producer of Achaea!
    Nice. Grew up working on my uncle's dairy farm.  Then they had to sell and move to Amsterdam, NY which is 3hrs away.  Miss it constantly.
    Those poor people.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • Daeir said:
    developer/community management

What community? :trollface:
  • Hataru said:
    Caelan said:
    Nicola said:
    In terms of training and expertise I was a farm manager and a racehorse breeder. Now I'm full time Co-Producer of Achaea!
    Nice. Grew up working on my uncle's dairy farm.  Then they had to sell and move to Amsterdam, NY which is 3hrs away.  Miss it constantly.
    Those poor people.
    Exhausted, but assume you mean my uncle?  They don't mind it.  The land up there was half as expensive in CT and they were able to buy 4 farms all right next to each other / connected with more land than they had down here.  They're now the #2 dairy producer in NY state.  If you eat Cabot cheese in NY state, it probably comes from their farm.

Cabot cheese is the only appropriate cheese to eat with your cider donuts.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
    OH GURL. YES YOU DO.

So up north during apple season (early-mid fall) you get apple cider donuts (cider donuts) and they are best eaten sliced up with a little bit of white, sharp cheddar cheese (PREFERABLY CABOT TBQH).
  • @Hataru - do you put cheese on apple pie and are you American? THIS IS IMPORTANT.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Cheese on apple pie...

Unless this is some sort of super fluffy cream cheese dallop or something, that is just an abomination that deserves to burn in Hell.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Doctor
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• From Wikipedia :  Apple pie is often served in the style of "à la Mode"(topped with ice cream). Alternatively, a piece of cheese (such as a sharp cheddar) is, at times, placed on top of or alongside a slice of the finished pie.[7][8][9]
    Tahquil said:
    @Hataru - do you put cheese on apple pie and are you American? THIS IS IMPORTANT.
    I'm an American who has spent a good portion of my adult life being lucky enough to spend time abroad for conferences and field work.

But also the northeast has a lot of food faire more cohesive with Europe than the rest of the US imo. 

I haven't had it on apple pie, but I'm also not really big on apple pie. I prefer cider donuts, cider, and apple crumble as my apple-eating vessels.
  • Melodie said:
    Cheese on apple pie...

Unless this is some sort of super fluffy cream cheese dallop or something, that is just an abomination that deserves to burn in Hell.
    I have a lot of friends that eat cheese on random things and I am the weird one for not, it seems. I would eat a slice of cheese separately alongside a treat but I'm not sure about together. Cheese to me is savory and hard to pair it with sweet.

I think my aversion happened when I had a friend slice off Velveeta cheese and stacked it in a peanut butter sandwich  :s
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    When making and/or eating cider donuts is your Profession:

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I live like 3 miles away from every apple orchard in michigan. Cider is really good if you drop some sugar and brewers yeast into it.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Fuckin hippies and your hippie ass donuts.
  • edited October 2017
    Adjunct Professor in Ancient History in a state University (contractual)
    ER telephonist/registration in a county hospital (full time, night shift, on call 24/7)

• Siduri sounds like a superhero.  Professor by day, er person at night!
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • I seriously considered being a History teacher for high school, but.. I'd HAVE to have tenure because I would berate some damn students.

• HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Nicola said:
    @Caelan You'd remind me of Rasczak at the start of Starship Troopers when he was teaching highschoolers.

"Mobile Infantry made me the man I am today!"

Tillamook sharp cheddar lightly melted across some Dutch apple pie -- heavenly.

Cider donuts are now on the bucket list.

• Living real close to France I can say cheese goes with anything, and you guys don't seem to know the half of it!
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Trey said:
    WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
    I'm gonna say no...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Trey said:
    Yes. @Aerek look at this. I told you cheese on apple pie was a real thing.
    edited October 2017
    @Siduri
    Get a degree they said. You'll be able to do what you love they said as you take on a 2nd and 3rd job so you can get health insurance you don't get teaching 3/3 because its "not full-time".
  • I've had sharp cheddar with a few fall/winter pies (including variations of apple) because my grandma is FOB English. #iuseaforkandknifewitheverymeal
  • Trey said:
    You are my newest favourite person.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• @Hataru what they meant is you can do what you love but it won't pay the bills unless it's a good area of expertise.  They tend to leave that last part out  :s
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Torinn said:
    @Hataru what they meant is you can do what you love but it won't pay the bills unless it's a good area of expertise.  They tend to leave that last part out  :s
    Do what you love, and you will never work a day in your life...  save that shit for the other 3 jobs you have so you can live!