Professions

Comments

• I'm a computer repair technician and B.A. student in comp sci.

I teach elementary special education (grades K-6) in a small rural school of 270 students.
    My girlfriend teaches special ed in the same age group, albeit in a more suburban setting. Props, I know how hard the job can be.

• Firefighter and paramedic - in Germany. Any Germans out there?
  • HataruHataru Midwest USA
    Bioarchaeologist/Digital Archaeologist (this means I don't really do field work any more and my ongoing research projects have moved away from skeletal remains as a physical lab-based study and to a lot of work on ethics and things like representation of archaeology in video games).
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Entrepreneur/Investor and Digital Marketing Executive 
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    College Secretary and Executive Assistant for a Christian College. They teach years 7-12.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Dominius said:
    Firefighter and paramedic - in Germany. Any Germans out there?
    Not really, but I was born in Heidelberg, and lived in Karlsruhe for a few years.

• Forensic Analyst for the State Police (coming soon:  also for the State's probation program)  but I got here because @Maran got me into it when we were stationed together in the Marines as mechanics.

• Caelan said:
    because @Maran got me into it
    You should've come to the Midwest meet last year, then :D

• HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Dad.
    Side job is small package pickup & delivery.

• RN. Started out in the emergency room, slowly migrated to hospice and physical rehab. 

May go back for my MSN whenever I get bored. 
  • Taking a year off in between earning my bachelor of chemistry at university.

Working full time at a gas station right now, oh so fun.
  • Just got a job bartending, so that too.
  • Dominius said:
    I’m half-German, so maybe we should do a meet-up wiss @Trey
  • Mechanic from New England! Hail, rust! And I'm one of the good ones, not the ones who sell Johnson rods and Fromunda bearings.
  • Snok said:
    Dominius said:
    I’m half-German, so maybe we should do a meet-up wiss @Trey
    Would be nice if I still lived there! I'd love to visit again someday to see what's changed. I've been in the states for about 28 years now.

• Rackham said:
    Mechanic from New England! Hail, rust! And I'm one of the good ones, not the ones who sell Johnson rods and Fromunda bearings.

But do you sell blinker fluid? Where in New England? I'm in CT near UConn.

• Caelan said:
    Rackham said:
    Mechanic from New England! Hail, rust! And I'm one of the good ones, not the ones who sell Johnson rods and Fromunda bearings.

But do you sell blinker fluid? Where in New England? I'm in CT near UConn.
    West Conn best Conn
  • Software Engineer is the official title. Full stack web applications developer on my current project.
  • Nicola said:
    In terms of training and expertise I was a farm manager and a racehorse breeder. Now I'm full time Co-Producer of Achaea!
    Definitely a good way to spruce up saying "I live off of Farmville and Horse World."

~ <3

• English teacher
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Nicola said:
    racehorse breeder
    Co-Producer of Achaea
    Where are the winged rainbow unicorn mounts? Chop chop
  • Actuary. Now doing data science.
  • edited October 2017
    Genetics PhD dropout turned lab manager for two (big) biophysics labs. I have a billion students and know the struggle, so I help however I can and keep the budget in line. And I get to do some research too. Best decision I ever made.

• Nicola said:
    In terms of training and expertise I was a farm manager and a racehorse breeder. Now I'm full time Co-Producer of Achaea!
    Nice. Grew up working on my uncle's dairy farm.  Then they had to sell and move to Amsterdam, NY which is 3hrs away.  Miss it constantly.