Professions

Comments

• I’m a Public Defender in a major city. That’s right I play a villain and defend villains IRL (and tons of innocent/benign people too ). :sunglasses:
  • HataruHataru Midwest USA
    edited October 2017
    Jonathin said:
    Hataru said:
    Torinn said:
    Stuff about not making enough money with a job you love
    Other stuff I accidentally deleted.
    Or you can just skip the crushing stress of trying to find a job in the market you love, go to vocational school, and join one of the many trades that are going unfilled because schools are brainwashing kids away from working with their hands and hate your well-paying job like everyone else.
    I'm not sure you know what an Archaeologist does..............

(PS. Largest employer of people with an archaeology degree are CRM firms. Which is a manual labour job with no lab or research component for non-PIs on the projects.)
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • Hataru said:
    Jonathin said:
    Hataru said:
    Torinn said:
    Or you can just skip the crushing stress of trying to find a job in the market you love, go to vocational school, and join one of the many trades that are going unfilled because schools are brainwashing kids away from working with their hands and hate your well-paying job like everyone else.

(PS. Largest employer of people with an archaeology degree are CRM firms. Which is a manual labour job with no lab or research component for non-PIs on the projects.)
    You're like Bones, right? But with teeth, in the middle of an Egypt dig site, right? TV told me so.
    Torinn Chiragh, Herald of Fire says, "Good, darn it."
    Talamond Averial says, "You are the least charming siren ever."
  • Jinsun said:
    I’m a Public Defender in a major city. That’s right I play a villain and defend villains IRL (and tons of innocent/benign people too ). :sunglasses:
    This is what I'm trying to do, free the guilty and all that. I'm probably going to have to move to a different city to do that anytime soon, it seems.
  • Control systems/automation engineer. Also known as miracle worker.
  • Rangor said:
    automation engineer.
    Why am I not surprised? :)
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Hataru said:
    Aralaya said:
    Anyone who works at Comcast is steering very clear of this thread..
    Anyone who works for an internet or phone provider*

*Except maybe Verizon Fios
    I work for one of these, but in Canada so you 'muricans won't know them. The best thing is they suck the consumer dry and then give us insane pay and benefits (at least that's how it is with this one), so I can just shrug my shoulders and say 'money' when people ask what I sold my soul for.
  • Jozlyn said:
    Naturalist. I teach people about nature and help them learn or improve outdoor skills like hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, canoeing, archery, etc.

I create interpretive programs to help people foster a love of nature. 
    That sounds amazing 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Data analyst/programmer/research IT

• Sobriquet said:
    Jozlyn said:
    Naturalist. I teach people about nature and help them learn or improve outdoor skills like hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, canoeing, archery, etc.

That sounds amazing 
    She's also a professional turtle cleaner! 

((please don't hurt me @jozlyn)).
  • JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    edited October 2017
    @Minifie said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Jozlyn said:

That sounds amazing 
    She's also a professional turtle cleaner! 

((please don't hurt me @jozlyn)).

That's about 99% of my job. Animal maid.
     yes, sir.
  • Sobriquet said:
    Farrah said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Farrah said:
    I'm an attorney. Yeah, gross, I know.
    and I used to like you

:(
    Ok then. Shall we see who is most disliked? I'll go against my previous comment about not mentioning who I work for...

I work for McAfee.
    You..
    HIPS is the bane of my existence. 
  • Mine too

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Hataru said:
    Jonathin said:
    Hataru said:
    Torinn said:

Oh, I was speaking in general, not just about archaeology. Sorry if it didn't come across that way.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
    Nazihk said:
    Hataru said:

You steal artifacts from temples and punch Nazis, right?
    Yes.

Ahhh okay @Jonathin cause you quoted me I wasn't sure and, despite needing a BA (or MA to supervise) Archaeology for most people is a trade skill at the end of the day. Just one that requires you to understand context/have basic research training. I wish I was healthy enough to work in CRM honestly cause its great seasonal/contract work, especially since I'm just trying to take time off between my MA and PhD.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • Hataru said:
    Nazihk said:
    Hataru said:

Yes.

Ahhh okay @Jonathin cause you quoted me I wasn't sure and, despite needing a BA (or MA to supervise) Archaeology for most people is a trade skill at the end of the day. Just one that requires you to understand context/have basic research training. I wish I was healthy enough to work in CRM honestly cause its great seasonal/contract work, especially since I'm just trying to take time off between my MA and PhD.
    You don't need a BA. Think of all those workmen!
  • DevOps Engineer/Automation Engineer
  • I'd like to think I'm a comedian, but thinking has never been my strong suit
  • Minifie said:
    I'd like to think I'm a comedian, but thinking has never been my strong suit
    People laughed at me when I said I wanted to be a comedian. Well, they’re not laughing now!

Rispok said:
    Hataru said:
    Nazihk said:
    Hataru said:

Yes.

idk where you work but in the US and UK generally you are either expected to be a student, have experience, or have a BA to get a job in CRM. There might be a few positions with exceptions but I've not come across them.

If you're working in CRM without a degree/formal training of any sort, you were probably hired pre-NAGPRA, at least in the US.
  • Hataru said:
    Rispok said:
    Hataru said:
    Nazihk said:
    Hataru said:

Yes.

idk where you work but in the US and UK generally you are either expected to be a student, have experience, or have a BA to get a job in CRM. There might be a few positions with exceptions but I've not come across them.

If you're working in CRM without a degree/formal training of any sort, you were probably hired pre-NAGPRA, at least in the US.
    We hire local workmen. It pays better than working in the sugar cane fields, or just being unemployed. Greece and Belize.
  • Tysandr said:
    Trey said:
    WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
    You are my newest favourite person.

• Optometrist (practice owner)/family man
  • Trey said:
    Tysandr said:
    Trey said:
    WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
    You are my newest favourite person.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Jinsun said:
    I’m a Public Defender in a major city. That’s right I play a villain and defend villains IRL (and tons of innocent/benign people too ). :sunglasses:
    httpspbstwimgcomtweet_video_thumbC-h6G9-VwAAt2Mtjpg

• Geospatial Engineer and Engineering Technician. Btw my company is looking for AUTOCAD techs, anyone want to move to Austin for a long term position...that starts as a temp position. It's how we do things. PM me.
    Okk tells you, "You 'woof'ed on a house channel in a conversation with the Lord Bard."