Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• Jonathin said:
    So the bashing comes to me.

I'm down with that.
    All 17/18 Elite Mhun keepers in the same room, not sure that even Sarathai could tank that.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Could hit and run that. 

• Lucianus said:
    how are artie axes handled by Tekura Monks? Do you just target <limb>;throw handaxe1234 at <target>?

What I seem to notice when I do that is that the handaxe just drops to the ground after it hits the target. :/
    If you have access to throwing you can just do:
    throw handaxe#### at <target> [venom] [limb]

So -- throw handaxe1234 at Lucianus curare left leg -- would work
  • As you leave the location, you find yourself back where you started.

When you are fighting a depthswalker what causes this?

• Talroth said:
    As you leave the location, you find yourself back where you started.

When you are fighting a depthswalker what causes this?

It's their room hinder : Distortion.

• Or maybe your character has Alzheimer's

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • edited June 2017
    Runie, 2H with a level 3 sword.  How much difference would a +1 or +2 STR gauntlet make in real terms both hunting and in pvp?
    I would also assume it would have an affect on Gut and Rend while in DF?

Edit - Satyr Brute

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Sobriquet said:
    Runie, 2H with a level 3 sword.  How much difference would a +1 or +2 STR gauntlet make in real terms both hunting and in pvp?
    I would also assume it would have an affect on Gut and Rend while in DF?

Edit - Satyr Brute
    It has an effect on gut and rend, yes. I have level 3 str power and I hit like a truck in lesserform (rawr 18str bard)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited June 2017
    I don't notice a difference in my hunting speed going with or without my str gauntlets (+1) in dragon, though mostly I tested against Mhun and Vertani (no difference in % damage dealt on most hits, might be some difference at higher crit multipliers but they just die anyways).

For disembowel it does make a noticeable difference as a runie, though the biggest differences appear to happen on reaching even strength levels - going from 18-19 matters but there is a larger effect going from 17-18.
  • The difference, in dragon: +1str gut WSC one shots an Elite Mhun Keeper. Regular str leaves it with 2-3% left.

pvp: Satyr brute RW is what? 15str base + jera for 16? Add Fury for 18? Your disembowel will kill nobody from 100%h, add 1 str and that doesn't change. But you're 2h, so practically nobody will be at 100%h when you do this. Antonius has a set of figures (linked in his forum sig) that will give you the damage increase, so you can get an idea of how much pre-damage you need to be at when you go for it.  

• Satyr Brute should get 15 Strength +1 Trait +1 Jera +2 Fury +Lagua Bonus. With another +1 from Strength gauntlets you should have 20 Strength and that'll be a 100% torso disembowel on anyone without resist alls. Though you can easily get by without them, as almost no one is going to be at full health because they need to apply health to cure fractures.
  • I never factored in trait, my bad. Regardless, though, 2h should get away without gauntlets really.
    If you're maxing out at 19 str without them you're probably good. I've never fought a 2h and been at max health at any point other than before they first hit me :)

• Xaden said:
    I never factored in trait, my bad. Regardless, though, 2h should get away without gauntlets really.
    If you're maxing out at 19 str without them you're probably good. I've never fought a 2h and been at max health at any point other than before they first hit me :)
    If a two-handed knight has enough momentum to get the fractures necessary for disembowelling, I'd be surprised if the target was close to full health. In most cases that would either be down to poorly managed curing or a very specific choice that has backfired.
  • Anyone wanna do a quick masterclass on using custom tree scenarios through serverside? I can't seem to get my scenarios to actually work.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    When I get home I'll see what I can do

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Kenway said:
    When I get home I'll see what I can do
    Is okay. I figured it out!
  • Does anyone know how much damage do custom pets do? 

I heard it was somewhere between 125 to 250 damage.  Not sure how accurate that is without testing first-hand.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • edited June 2017
    The damage is sort of negligible(100~ and offset by resistances imo) but if a 2H runewarden troll with max STR/hugalaz runeblade and 3x artie pets are hitting you, that's when it starts to add up.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    The damage is sort of negligible(100~ and offset by resistances imo) but if a 2H runewarden troll with max STR/hugalaz runeblade and 3x artie pets are hitting you, that's when it starts to add up.
    Any idea what the timer is on them and amnesia?
  • Nope, my spars vs SnB Penwize were deleted from ada's pastebin so no idea :sweat:

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• I do know that if your opponent already has Amnesia. Your artie pet will use a damage attack instead. So it would avoid any overlapping of the same aff.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • edited June 2017
    Nvm!  Ignore me.
  • What are the cooldowns for the various shaman invokes? Does soulrend have a cooldown?

What does Daina cure? What's the cooldown on it?
  • edited June 2017
    Soulrend has no cooldown, Bludlet is 12 seconds, Relapse is 25 seconds, Coagulation is 10 seconds (maybe), Daina is 10 seconds, and Aelkesh is like 20 or something. I think the rest of the invocations are all not cooldown based. Daina cures 1 random aff.
  • I'd been under the impression that runewarden armor runes weren't supposed to work on non-runewarden's armor anymore, but some testing has suggested this isn't the case. Am I just crazy, and they've always worked on anyone?
  • From my testing, which is weapon probing after I put a rune on and see if it worked, the armour runes work on armour but not on shields and the weapon runes don't work on non-runewarden weapons as far as I could tell.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Keorin said:
    I'd been under the impression that runewarden armor runes weren't supposed to work on non-runewarden's armor anymore, but some testing has suggested this isn't the case. Am I just crazy, and they've always worked on anyone?
    Armour runes do work for non-runewardens. They have always done so. Same with weapon runes.

Algiz was altered so it won't work in combat for non-runewardens but it's still effective against denizens for everyone.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Algiz is still bugged. 

• Kyrra said:
    Keorin said:
    I'd been under the impression that runewarden armor runes weren't supposed to work on non-runewarden's armor anymore, but some testing has suggested this isn't the case. Am I just crazy, and they've always worked on anyone?
    Armour runes do work for non-runewardens. They have always done so. Same with weapon runes.

Algiz was altered so it won't work in combat for non-runewardens but it's still effective against denizens for everyone.
    Is this the case when a Runie Dragonforms too?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Sobriquet said:
    Kyrra said:
    Keorin said:

Is this the case when a Runie Dragonforms too?
    No, I'm 99% sure that Runie in dragonform is still Runie.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."