Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• Dragon is a separate class. It also has a fuckton of resistances already.

Algiz is bugged, but if/when it gets fixed it shouldn't count as a dragon.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Accipiter said:
    From my testing, which is weapon probing after I put a rune on and see if it worked, the armour runes work on armour but not on shields and the weapon runes don't work on non-runewarden weapons as far as I could tell.
    Kyrra said:
    Armour runes do work for non-runewardens. They have always done so. Same with weapon runes.
    @Accipiter Gebo/gebu could be sketched on shields previously. Are you saying no longer, or that they can be sketched but don't affect damage?

Lagua/laguz/lagul are only sketchable on runeblades now.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Lagua/lagul/laguz are sketched to empower weapons into runeblades. They go on before, not after. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited June 2017
    Gebo/Gebu can be sketched on both armour and shields.
    Laguz/Lagul/Lagua can be sketched on weapons.

They last considerably less time when sketched on other people's stuff, to the point of it not being particularly worthwhile. Once they are empowered by the runewarden (thus last significantly longer), they cannot be used by anyone except the Runewarden until the empowerment fades.

Hugalaz, Eihwaz etc can only be sketched on empowered weapons.

eta: Something to remember: Laguz/Lagua/Lagul do not provide weapon stats (speed/damage/accuracy) anymore, they have different effects now.
  • The AB files for Lagua/Lagul/Laguz all specific "when sketched on a runeblade", so I don't know if they'd work at all for a non-RW.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    • Lagua/Lagul/Laguz used to buff weapon stats, but now only give class-based bonuses to Runewardens, so are of no use to a non-Runewarden.
    • Algiz used to be a 10% damage reduction for everyone, but is now 10% for the Runewarden and 8% for non-Runewardens, and should only function vs denizens for non-Runewardens.
    • Algiz functions normally for the Runewarden while in Dragonform; I can't comment on whether this is intended or not.
    • All weapon/armour/body runes last 30 minutes (except Jera, which is an hour), unless the Runewarden has Runebinding, at which point they last double length. Runebinding makes runes sketched on the Runewarden last 24 hours, and Empowered weapons keep their runes for for 60 days(?), long enough that any forged weapon will decay before they fade.
    To answer the original question, though, Gebo/Gebu still buff armor stats, and to the extent of my knowledge should still work for non-Runewardens. They're 4% cutting/blunt respectively, for 1 hour assuming Runebinding, for a gold ink apiece. I can't say Gebu/Gebo were ever "worth it", until Runic Armour made its debut, but they're still an option if you want every last buff.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Body runes, I'm p. sure, last 1 hour.  With Jera lasting 2 hours.
  • Yes. Algiz and Berkana are 1 hour, Jera is 2. Runebinding increases the duration by considerably more than double; pretty sure they all last 12 hours with it.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I think armour runes are worth it and I do get asked to sketch them frequently. Gold ink brush = never needing inks ever, free amour runes for life.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• The armour runes don't work on my SoA as far as I could tell.

At least, when you sketch them on scalemail you can see the armour stats change, when you sketch them on the shield the stats stay the same. You can still sketch of course, just does nothing like the weapon runes do.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Runebinding seems to carry over to dragon, so algiz and berkana last 12 hours, jera might only be 12 hours (I'm pretty sure all are less than 24 hours).  You can't wield your runeblade when in dragon so definitely not part of the class anymore.  You can sketch gebo and gebu onto a shield but it can't be empowered.  Unsure of whether it does reduce damage nor how long it lasts for.
  • All the runes fade for me at the same time, in the exact order I sketch them on myself, so they all have the same duration.
  • How long is the delay between speed sip and the defence coming up?
  • 6 seconds I believe 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Anyone know how many seconds of EQ balance Sawbones adds to restore per crippled limb?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Hi. Just wondering if the barrier that's being dropped from my mind is the 'cut off from communication' affliction, and if it is, shouldn't it be cleared from my afflictions in my diagnose list? Is this a bug or something else entirely. Thanks!

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/tGQKp_Er
  • The barrier makes it so that no other monk can lock you.

Isolation is that, and it's a bitch.

Welcome to fighting Hashan.
  • Hey, thanks for letting me know! That was a very strategic move on his part, even if incredibly irritating.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Hashan has nothing to do with isolation. Why do you think so many people hop when getting radianced?
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • No.

It's Drefan's go-to though.

Mind lock. Mind Isolation. Mind barrier.

He'll occasionally lower mind barrier to mind batter (or even illusion a mind radiance), then re-raise the barrier.

Drefan's a trolly monk and I hateee fighting Hashan because he just sits in safety of like 5 guard stacks using it so you can never see PT.
  • @Jonathin It's all Drefan does, not that it makes up Hashan, but when people raid Hashan they see if Drefan is around because he just sits somewhere and non stops attempts radiances. Usually picks on our newer raiders who just end up dying because they dont know about isolate, or think we're ignoring them. x.x
  • It's like Hashan has the only monk in the game, who knew?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    D: well then. I stand corrected.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Also.

Monk =/= standing in the safety of guardian + 10-20~  normal guards and spam telepathy stuff.

He/mhaldor is probably one of the main reasons everyone despises area-wide abilities that hinder the shit out of you with little to no recourse.
  • Because Targossas has never used radiance to defend, right?

• The monk usually enters your room, eventually. :dizzy:

• You know, I think people started being monks for raids after we raided Hashan and had to deal with Drefan a few times.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Frederich said:
    The monk usually enters your room, eventually. :dizzy:

lol
  • edited July 2017
    I think monk telepathy being a pain is due to Achaean raids basically being entrenched groups staring angrily at each other. Even compared to Lusternia where room control from melds can literally kill people just from them entering, group fights still feel less mobile here. An entrenched monk can hit your entrenched peeps from further away, but it's pretty similar to a situation where a group has better LOS - they can hit you from further away than you can, and you can't respond other than taking some sort of movement action.

From a strategic perspective of the raid yesterday - our group is smaller, less experienced, weaker LOS, and less artied. It's not insurmountable odds, but we're weaker in both normal range or melee, and we still want to play. We happened to have two monks, so we at least can try to generate some sort of advantage and see if we can push that before taking a different action :)

Related actual questions:
    What abilities can be used to forcibly move a bunch of people in a room? I'm aware Alchemists have some sort of blast potion, but that's all I'm really aware of.

Is there any way to unblind or undeaf everyone in a room at once?
  • Alchemist - Concussive
    Blademaster - Annhilate
    Priest - Angel Beckon
    Apostate - Demon Beckon
    Depthswalker - Vortex
    Relic - GAUNTLET OF THE ROARING WAVESSSSSSSSSSS