Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Ryukishi said:
    AB=Cake
    The cake is a lie, but my love for you is true @Karai

What's the damage /speed difference between level 3 and level 2 bows? Considering upgrading my bow to a level 3 but also considering ring of flying,con,regen rings.

• edited February 2013
    HELP ARTEFACTS OFFENSIVE says that the level two bow is 14% faster and a level three bow is 22% faster than a darkbow; in terms of actual numbers, my level three bow is 2.4 seconds with Nimble. Damage I don't know about, but if you wanted to get together in-game we could test it.
  • Level 3 bow damage is 580 + 19% of max health. So you just need to test level 2 bow damage to compare.
    Sena said:
    Level 3 bow damage is 580 + 19% of max health. So you just need to test level 2 bow damage to compare.
    Looks like a level 2 did 1167 on someone with 4305 Health

Level 3 should do 1397.95

You pull an arrow from your quiver and nock it to your bow.
    You draw your bow back and let fly an arrow in the direction of Karai.
    Your arrow sails harmlessly past Karai.
    (5335h|100%)(2983m|85%)(23532e|94%|16388w|99%)(S)(mir)(nil)(Karai)
    You have recovered balance on all limbs. (2.656s)
    (5335h|100%)(2983m|85%)(23532e|94%|16400w|100%)(S)(mir)(nil)(Karai)
    I do not recognise anything called that here.
    Ahh, I am truly sorry, but I do not see anyone by that name here.
    You pull an arrow from your quiver and nock it to your bow.
    You draw your bow back and let fly an arrow in the direction of Karai.
    Your arrow strikes true!
    (5335h|100%)(2983m|85%)(23477e|94%|16390w|99%)(S)(mir)(nil)(Karai)
    You have recovered balance on all limbs. (2.75s)

Not sure if missing effects speed but looks like 2.65 or 2.75 is what im shooting at with a level 2

Thanks for the answers

• 19% of max health is insanely high. D:
  • Caladbolg said:
    Was that with no resistances (cutting/physical if unenvenomed, poison if envenomed)?
    Sena said:
    Caladbolg said:
    Was that with no resistances (cutting/physical if unenvenomed, poison if envenomed)?
    She said she didn't have venom up. Used poisoned arrows.

• Caladbolg said:
    Sena said:
    Caladbolg said:
    Make sure inept antidotes, too.
    Eld said:
    Caladbolg said:
    Sena said:
    Caladbolg said:
    Make sure inept antidotes, too.
    Said she doesn't.

• One time I sent Caladbolg a tell and intercepted him flirting with Karai and felt squicked out for 20 minutes.
    edited February 2013
    Tvistor said:
    One time I sent Caladbolg a tell and intercepted him flirting with Karai and felt squicked out for 20 minutes.
    90% of my tails are flirting with Karai... it happens.

Bought level 3 now thanks for all the infos

• Tails eww what.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    lmao. He is ahri ofc

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited February 2013
    Ugh pls no tail sex. I can't look at tails properly after vomiting from that log of Lynara on Satyana that got sent to me.
    Vaehl said:
    Ugh pls no tail sex. I can't look at tails properly after vomiting from that log of Lynara on Satyana that got sent to me.
    You liked it :|

So what stops elimiante. Prone apparently doesn't and Para doesn't apparently.

• edited February 2013
    prone doesn't after 2nd message(?) and para does stop it. Demon syphon can catch paralysis though so that might have thrown you off

• They can have their demon get a lucky passive healing tic though, keep in mind.
    Hrm guess i'll have to spam sleep then. Does Web Tattoo stop it?

• Sidonia said:
    Yes
    *Against the three people without Buckawn's.
  • Tael said:
    Sidonia said:
    Yes
    *Against the three people without Buckawn's.
    *Which constitute 75% of Achaea's apostates.
  • Jester has sooooo many ways to kill someone. So many that there is no standard setup. It also has partly to do with there having been no toptier jester fighters in a long time. Most standard setups are just simple ideas thought of by someone way back when that get reused over and over.

You don't need target throw, though obviously access to it means more variety in what you can do. I wouldn't recommend it since there is a plethora of easier to means of killing people as a jester. As a general rule you don't want to change how you're killing people unless it stops working or you grow bored of it.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• 99% of people pre-outrift now, so hanged man doesn't stop people from eating herbs.

• I'm not going to list any kill tactics on forums because there aren't any currently in use. To reveal them would be unfair to any jesters in game. I'm not really comfortable showing someone something unknown that could have just profound effects in game (at least not oocly). You should try learning in game, while skill in pk is more or less an ooc skill, it doesn't mean one can't be taught it in character. Too much happening via ooc forums like this really does detract from that rp experience, which is a shame, especially considering how many clans and organisations exit with the sole purpose of teaching combat.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• So, this is a somewhat random question.

How do you make Achaean combat fun again?  I mean, the first few times were just so damn exhilarating and I got the "combat shakes" for quite a while during my first matches.  But lately, I just can't be arsed to really fight like I used to.  It's rather uninteresting, I just watch the spam go by, do my setups and switch around a bit if need be and then I win or lose.  There's no more tension, there's no more excitement.  It's just boring like bashing is.
  • Set goals. Tell yourself you want to beat X person, and then don't stop until you do. Tell yourself you want to find out a strategy no one else ever has before. Try getting a certain kill to death ratio.

• XerXer Langley
    edited February 2013
    I just want to kill Tanris (in a duel). Also Tirac and Carmain at some point. That's how I never get bored. Also, small group combat is generally pretty exhilarating, without having to deal with the giant sheep leading stuff and pressure that comes along with something like a raid. Though some people might enjoy the pressure that comes with leading raids - I find it a bit more of a hassle than not personally though. Leading huge raids and coming out on top is always a nice feeling as the leader though, especially if it was a close fight.

I don't care about my kdr though... >.> It was already ruined from the start, being a Shaman and with the war haha. 0.2 at some point, though it's not finally 0.5 <.< Ayoxele is huge on his kdr though.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • I'm at a little over 2 kdr, more if you count how many times I soulcaged as an Infernal (that used to count as a death on status stats, not sure if it does anymore). That makes me happy - I'm almost always the first target in range and melee fights, and it's been that way for as long as I can remember.