Classleads

Comments

• Back in MKO. I used to lock people who didn't get along with one another in my guild office. Would call both parties up for an urgent meeting, make sure room can't be portaled out, lock door, and start conversation.

Was hit or miss. Sometimes people got along, sometimes it becomes clear some people will never get along, but at least there was an attempt...

Been in enough cities in IRE to know this type of stuff is the same old song and dance. As exciting it would be from an RP perspective to watch a new city in a game get birthed. There will always be conflict and politicking when player-run orgs are involved. 

No such thing as a perfect world where everyone gets along. People need to learn how to reach across whatever problems they have with the other person and find a mutual compromise. It's also a really nifty real world problem solving skill too. 
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Damnit @Farrah, so good at combat they have to nerf other areas of the game just to fix yout strats. :angry:
    Huh. Neat.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited September 2017
    Throw an eye sigil, and all souls in the room should instantly EMBRACE. :open_mouth:
  • edited September 2017
    Can make 2nd gem speeds up embracing, or another Artefact for that, so ppl with 2nd gem can trade in for that. 
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Grace of Niena'qamad - 2500 credits
    Halves time to EMBRACE DEATH once an Achaean month (once per rl day).

Grace of Hasty Niena'qamad - 5000 credits
    An upgrade of the Grace of Niena'qamad, offering the same benefits but with a much shorter cooldown. Can be used once every 2 Achaean days (2 hours).

NO STACKING, MMK? LET'S LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKE, MMK?
  • Makarios said:
    Austere said:
    Oh fun, another artie to regret buying, I guess.  Second gem, it was fun while it lasted. 

I do feel this is a bit of an exaggeration - the functionality will remain, people will just have options to counter it, and will almost certainly fail to do so a good deal of the time.

That said I'm fine with looking at the gem to retain some value if the concensus is its no longer a worthwhile investment, but that'll be something we discuss after classleads close.

I think those of us with multiple gems have them solely for the combat implications.  Shop theft, race change,  and other uses are nice, but as someone that isn't a huge proponent of frequent racial changes and shop theft, I don't think I can justify having two for the two hours I play a day.  

This is of course all dependant on how effective the counters introduced are. Effective and easy to use counters voids the second gem usefulness for sure, but if the counters aren't effective, I don't see much point either way.  I do think multiple gems are a bit ridiculous, but I don't want them mechanically reduced to nothing when you guys could just as easily add a single gem limit.  
  • I've never understood why they retained stacking ability either. Isn't it cheaper even to have two level ones than a level two?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Those OP protection people @Nicola mentioned are kind of phoning it in...
  • Alyxeri said:
    Farrah said:
    Daeir said:
    I'd be down with that. Hoo boy, that'd be a fun one to explain IG.

The whole month of October was all a dream IC. Let's do this.
    I remember they did an event in Lusternia with that, where all the Gods 'died' and new ones came around to 'save' us from the horrors of the Void... Then after the event was over it was basically "lol jk you guys were dreaming this whole time. Here's a new dreamweaving skillset, enjoy."

that was some fuckery

Daeir said:
    That sounds fucking awesome, holy shit.

Gosh late to the party but I remember that event.

In theory, nice idea!

In practice....yeah...let's just say that players 'speculated' it was fake from the start and started openly cussing the 'fake' gods...even when no proof was given. Later when proof was given...the insults reached insane levels. Admin admitted it put a damper on the fun.

I definitely do NOT endorse this.
  • That's more of a testament to the shitty attitude of Lusternia's loudest players, though, not a reflection of the quality of the event!
     <3 
  • Mathilda said:
    That's more of a testament to the shitty attitude of Lusternia's loudest players, though, not a reflection of the quality of the event!
    I mean yes and no. As per usual, Asmodron isn't really giving the full story of things. Rather just talking crap about games that aren't Achaea.

That's not really a discussion for this thread, though. Suffice to say said 'insults' were completely IC, with characters being played the same way they've always been played. And the 'quality of the event' left a lot to be desired, which the admin also admitted to.
  • Xaden said:
    Lucianus said:

meatbags

Truly, the solution is to assimilate and be one with the singularity.

• Rangor said:
    Xaden said:
    I'm clearly rezzing wrong. I don't rez people until after the initial engagement has subsided. That's when I check for bodies and rez / decap as needed (sometimes mix those up too, but that's another issue entirely).
    In your queue action, check if gmcp.items.floor = corpse, check if corpse = targossan, then rezz, else attack.
    This... please do not do this. 
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Need a Culling Blade artefact here like in Aetolia. 100% chance to bypass starburst defence on kill, 33% to bypass any other class rez ability. Sends instantly to embrace if dead.

• Generally if you're saying you need something combat-related, then say "like in Aetolia" ... It immediately becomes a horrible idea.
  • edited October 2017
    Starburst bypass, why I have impression there's a talisman that does that... I am away from the game can't check it...
  • There is. Anima's Thirst from the Marks set. Removes the starburst defence + inked starburst when you STAB a target with it. Has an hour cooldown if I recall correctly.
  • Doesn't being para when you die also prevent it from firing?  I've true died several times before while having starburst up
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Torinn said:
    Doesn't being para when you die also prevent it from firing?  I've true died several times before while having starburst up
    No. Para doesn't stop starburst.  
  • Torinn said:
    Doesn't being para when you die also prevent it from firing?  I've true died several times before while having starburst up
    Some things ignore starburst, but those are generally delayed instant kill abilities like behead.

Usually it just means you thought you had starburst up but didn't.
  • edited October 2017
    Makarios said:
    I will never (and I rarely say never!) be ok with adding a passive truedeath artefact.
    What about a passive anti-Farrah artrefact? Can be run when she tries to move into a room.
    if anyone.possess("FarrahPls") then
       denyEntry()
       System.println("Sorry people don't like you in that room.")
    end
  • Makarios said:
    I will never (and I rarely say never!) be ok with adding a passive truedeath artefact.

• Kiet said:
    Farrah said:

Btw this whole 6-8 deaths per engagement is a pretty hilarious exaggeration
    2017-09-29 00:38:00 - Farrah was slain by Zackery.
    2017-09-29 00:38:15 - Farrah was slain by Crixos.
    2017-09-29 00:39:11 - Farrah was slain by Borre.
    2017-09-29 00:39:15 - Farrah was slain by Zelisia.
    2017-09-29 00:40:31 - Farrah was slain by Borre.
    2017-09-29 00:40:37 - Farrah was slain by Borre.

:s

I was literally digging from my logs to find more examples of this "hilarious exaggeration". I love it!.
  • Atalkez said:
    That's one engagement, once she burns them all, then the next engagement she won't have so many.

Come on now.

Edit: Also, you have to pressure your advantage when you have it. You guys killed me truedead, but didn't advance any, so I went back to team and rezzes myself and re-inked everything. Farrah did that once too that I know of. 
    Correct, it is one engagement. Wait two hours and you have another case of this. That isn't even adding in the shaman, tree and devotion resurrections. You're a smart man. You know that dying 8 times over a 2 1/2 minute period is nonsense combined with the skill of Mayology. Which is what I was talking about originally that Farrah said I was exaggerating about. Yes Mhaldor could do it too. I get it. But we (achaea) has a track record of nerfing shit that has the potential to wipe whole groups. The last was BM Jhui. Before that was bite/bbt.
  • Cooper said:
    We definitely do the same, but neither Proficy or I have multiple gems. That is a huge difference. We also don't have factional rezz, which is a huge advantage as well.

The multiple bursts/flask/gems thing is pretty obviously broken, not really sure how you can try to justify it being balanced or fun.
    BECAUSE MHALDOR CAN DO IT TOOOOO.  That is how they justify it...
  • Hataru said:
    I just have to ask to make sure, @Frederich, but like... you know soulcage has a hella long timer, right? "Soulcage may only be used once every 6 Achaean days." (from the ab file) 

I wouldn't trade rez for soulcage ever, that's a ridiculous claim or one based on the fact that you don't know it has such a long cooldown. It literally can't be used more than once in the same raid. Like why would you trade infinite rezzes (theoretically) for ONE free death? ONE free death where either 1) you get killed defing back up 2) you blackwind away 3) still targetted by 10 people and die immediately anyway.

Don't argue with him or Daeir, it is a waste of your time. Let them enlighten themselves. Trade soul rezz for soulcage and venegance (both high essence costs also) is nonsense and just words.
  • edited October 2017
    I mean who engages once every 2 hours though? You're not going to see that but for the first time, if you're winning, and after that it's all starbursts or whatever ally Rez you manage to get.

I don't disagree with the issue, I disagree that Farrah is somehow worse than others. Jhui was literally worse than Farrah for rl years. Y'all are quick to complain about mayology, since your side barely uses it, but I don't see anyone complaining about anything Cooper or Proficy use. Branch? Island wings? Vitality now? Lol, it's just funny how one sided these conversations become. Proficy was alchemist for 6 months, he never used it but for duels. Farrah isn't worse than any of the others, she's just better than they are and she tries new shit. That's it.

Is mayology broken? Not necessarily, though I could see it being tweaked to only boost balance of class mechanics (no lupine, eq etc) instead. It's unique to alchemist and is really a cool thing to see them use well. Screaming nerf without a reasonable suggestion that doesn't completely neuter the ability is childish.

Edit: I've played on both sides, alongside some very good people that knew their classes better than anyone in Mhaldor today (Xer, Tirac, Hasar, Xinna (omg)). When I say I'd trade devo Rez for vengeance and soulcage, those aren't just words. That's a real want because they're so, so very much better than pretty much everything in the Devotion kit.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.