Resolutions

Comments

• Why be annoyed though. Doesn't seem worth it
  • edited January 2017
    @Ahmet why the hell would we enjoy killing noncoms? You're boring to fight. Your bitterness is carrying your argument at this point. 

• edited January 2017
    Okay but this is a living world, you don't have to like the actions of other people. That doesn't make them wrong because you get in your feelings about something.

He doesn't have to explain why he does anything, except to the admin. If you don't like his actions, issue him. Whining on the forums about the injustice of it all just seems childish to me.

edit: His reason could have been 'lolBabel' and it would have been completely legitimate for RP purposes. Get off the RP high horse, please.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I am in no order, becoming an essence slave for a God is on the bottom of my list.

As for resolutions, dragon is up there with purchasing a shop and procuring another artefact. I might look at a city, but the rogue life has been drama free for the year I've been playing one.

• The entire shtick of the Babel order is sort of your entire existence is meaningless, so live a full and self-fulfilling lifestyle while you await the Void. So even if, arguably, there was no other RP justification, we technically could do it because "Lol we want resolutions, BB." However, that's not the case. Chaos and the ruinous accords are very with us or against us. Our entire purpose is to destroy or convert every opponent to subject Creation to Chaos. If Prospero wants to align himself to Chaos then he can. If he's not then he'll get dropped like everyone else. Let's not pretend like Jhui and Co. only go for tiny orders, lol. I actually approached Prospero about some business propositions once and was promptly told that only "good" or "fair" methods of gold making would be worthy. If he's gonna be the judge of right and wrong, his people will get owned like everyone else. Also, his order assisted numerous enemy orders in the last event.  Saying there's "no RP" is completely untrue.
  • To answer some of the resolution specific questions:

- The die to players resolution can be from different players, just as long as you hit 100.

- We'll be adding in more diverse options (exploration etc) as the month goes on, to keep things fresh.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Dunn said:
    @Ahmet why the hell would we enjoy killing noncoms? You're boring to fight. Your bitterness is carrying your argument at this point. 
    I'm not bitter, and since I'm not a member of Prospero's order and I really dgaf what happens to their shrines, I really don't have a dog in this fight. I actually enjoy hopping in and trying what little I can do, even if I get stomped every time.

I'm of the opinion (like most people who have been complaining) that targetting people that you have next to no reason to target icly and who have zero interest in participating in any sort of conflict with you because of a mechanical reward isn't a decent thing to do. I'm not saying it shouldn't be allowed, and I'm not knocking you for it, but when you wanna play the bad guy people are gonna treat you like the bad guy and have negative reactions to it. When you carry the same 'lol get over it' and 'git gud' attitudes in OOC conversations, especially when it comes to those people for who you might be ruining their limited time in-realms, they're going to assume you're just as nasty of a person OOCly and that you're intentionally griefing them, especially when you're only really doing it because of the mechanical reward that its getting you. It's just what happens.

/shrug
    Huh. Neat.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    You know, I might sign Klenny up for the drop 5 shrines and get killed 100 times, see which one I hit first... (I'm guessing it's the die 100 times!)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Ahmet said:
    Dunn said:
    I'm not bitter, and since I'm not a member of Prospero's order and I really dgaf what happens to their shrines, I really don't have a dog in this fight. I actually enjoy hopping in and trying what little I can do, even if I get stomped every time.

I'm of the opinion (like most people who have been complaining) that targetting people that you have next to no reason to target icly and who have zero interest in participating in any sort of conflict with you because of a mechanical reward isn't a decent thing to do. I'm not saying it shouldn't be allowed, and I'm not knocking you for it, but when you wanna play the bad guy people are gonna treat you like the bad guy and have negative reactions to it. When you carry the same 'lol get over it' and 'git gud' attitudes in OOC conversations, especially when it comes to those people for who you might be ruining their limited time in-realms, they're going to assume you're just as nasty of a person OOCly and that you're intentionally griefing them, especially when you're only really doing it because of the mechanical reward that its getting you. It's just what happens.

/shrug
    But... But... But lolbabel
  • For the 8 millionth time. There is plenty of reason to attack them. Putting "next to" in front of no reason doesn't suddenly change that. If there wasn't reason, they could just simply issue and win. However, shrine defense is not compulsory and defending is what opens you up to the kill. There is a reward for taking over a territory with your shrines. This is about the most crybaby shit I've seen since that time a week ago that you petitioned numerous people to get into our estate, were told no multiple times and were enemied then you said "We have no reason to enemy you." You actually took me off ignore just to ask me about exploring the house. No reason to take anything you say seriously.
  • edited January 2017
    Jinsun said:
    For the 8 millionth time. There is plenty of reason to attack them. Putting "next to" in front of no reason doesn't suddenly change that. If there wasn't reason, they could just simply issue and win. However, shrine defense is not compulsory and defending is what opens you up to the kill. There is a reward for taking over a territory with your shrines. This is about the most crybaby shit I've seen since that time a week ago that you petitioned numerous people to get into our estate, were told no multiple times and were enemied then you said "We have no reason to enemy you." You actually took me off ignore just to ask me about exploring the house. No reason to take anything you say seriously.
    Psst, you should put @ tags, or quote a person when you're talking to them. Juuuuuust an idea.

Because you sure as hell AIN'T NEVAH getting off my ignore list.
  • What a relief.
  • edited January 2017
    Defense isn't compulsory no I'm witnessing Jhui only and getting ganked by like 5 other people who aren't even defiling or being witnessed when I haven't attacked them is just lol. Where is their cause on me that's sorta sketchy. True there is retribution in the form of tons of Order writs that probably won't even be successful that you have to die each time for. I'm filled up on personal contracts that probably won't be successful either. Don't worry bloodthirsty pkers nothing is going to be changed to take away from your precious pk experience. 
  • Naoma said:
    @Ahmet I for one can tell you a bunch of Eleusian's jumped to help you lot. @Gavriil, @Valaria, myself And I am sure I have missed some, however @Senoske had a list. Then to continue this where you say four, you also had @Hosko @Draqoom @Senoske @Nicca @Frederich @Epifania plus yourself. Just those listed with some form of combat even if you just touch a web tattoo that is TEN people that could have done more. Basic combat knowledge will and does help. I am not good at it by any stretch but having something to go off of will help instead of standing there twiddling thumbs.
    Why you saying I was there fighting.

I wasn't.  OOC I was violently vomiting, trying not to go to the hospital.  Don't say I was helpin.
    Mkay, well. If you wanna sling mud, let me clear this up.

1) As I said in the message I sent you, I wasn't asking about your estate, so no, you didn't have a reason to enemy me. If you wanna make assumptions, go right ahead. I sure as hell can't stop you.
    2) I didn't actually realize you were on ignore until I sent you a tell. If I'd taken you off ignore just to ask you, you'd be back on it.
    3) Crybaby? You're kidding, right? Have you read anything I've said?

You lot always seem so surprised or confused when people are salty at you all for the way you lot act, I'm simply pointing out that their feelings are just as valid as yours, and explaining why a large portion of the community seems to have a problem with Ashtan's playstyle.

Play the bad guys ICly. Don't be bad guys on forums. It's not hard.
    Huh. Neat.
  • And in a month when Jhui or Dunn is busy, we'll get lolstomped and you'll say "Well you guys do it." It's a stupid, circular fight. One you've admitted you don't even have a dog in. You just want to be mouthy to be mouthy.
    Prospero's order is going to come and lolstomp you? Cyrene's going to come and lolstomp you? I was trying to keep this thread from turning into a full-on flame war like every single one of these tends to do, but oh well. Carry on bashing noncoms for their inability to fight. Noncoms will carry on complaining when you do. I'll just not bother next time.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
     I'll just not bother next time.
    Probably for the best.
  • AereidhnaAereidhna Dallas
    edited January 2017
    Jinsun said:
    And in a month when Jhui or Dunn is busy, we'll get lolstomped and you'll say "Well you guys do it." It's a stupid, circular fight. One you've admitted you don't even have a dog in. You just want to be mouthy to be mouthy.
    Yeah, the Order of Prospero is likely to go raid Ashtan in our copious free time. Do you even hear yourself? Most of the people who were fighting when I left were people who never do combat or only defend against raids on Cyrene. Nicca got off the first or second kill on our side. NICCA. I have never seen her so much as kick someone. That logic might work on someone who actually does raid you but it doesn't fly here.
  • Aereidhna said:
    Jinsun said:
    And in a month when Jhui or Dunn is busy, we'll get lolstomped and you'll say "Well you guys do it." It's a stupid, circular fight.
    Never said it would be by Prospero's order. I've been around long enough to see this. Ashtan kicks people's asses for awhile, everyone complains and says they only go for the weak (which has never been true) and then in 2 months, Jhui and Dunn get bored because they have lives, other hobbies and are generally unrivaled, and while they're gone, the newly resurrected Hashan and Targ will take the chance and raid, and people from Ashtan will say oh the numbers, it's unfair, yada yada. It is a circular argument that most people have been on both sides of. If you haven't been on both sides of it and don't want to be, don't use the shrines mechanic or use it creatively and sparingly (i.e. what Babel members did for years due to numbers and getting lolstomped)

That logic might work on someone who actually does raid you but it doesn't fly here.
    Yeah the logic doesn't work when you have an egocentric mindset and think the rest of us are only out to get you and your 3 buddies and that we have to worry about whether or not you're having fun. Admittedly, we probably should. I've got Cyrenians watching to see -who boards my ships- to enemy them for simply being aboard, even if they never leave docks. It's really been an attempt to curtail some friendships of mine and as long as Cyrene and Prospero want to take aggressive geo-political stances they can't really play the whole "We don't mess with people because we don't combat" you do, you just don't stab them with a sword first. If Cyrene would buck up and just fight instead of being nosey and mouthy, people would respect them a lot more. I'm glad Nicca got a kill and I'm hoping she was happy about it and felt a tinge of excitement. 
  • Jinsun said:
    Aereidhna said:
    Jinsun said:
    generally unrivaled, and while they're gone, the newly resurrected Hashan and Targ will take the chance and raid, and people from Ashtan will say oh the numbers
    This in particular hasn't been true for a few months now. Sad thing is that Ashtan completely refuses to defend more often than not if Jhui isn't here to run things for them.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • And they really don't have to. The whole "YOU ARE FORCING ME TO HAVE A BAD TIME" argument has never fully been true. If you feel an obligation to defend with your buddies, great. If not, ok. It's a game. 
  • Our smaller people have disarmed 2-3 tanks in as many weeks without Jhui or me around. Happy to wake up and see that log entry. 

• Mayeb it's just us then :(

• edited January 2017
    I mean... it's your face. It's scary. 

• To be fair, last night was hilarious. @Kasa attacked me so I started talking shit about Hashan then they raided, we really weren't able to put together a good defense for their numbers. While we're trying a last ditch effort to disarm, @Aegoth drops a crucible on everyone and everyone but @Emilea dies. Was pretty funny.