Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Resolutions

Prythe
Prythe Member Posts: 545 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
Why don't we have a specific thread for this?

I Hunt almost constantly, but I can see having to stretch myself (and do almost nothing else) to manage the "Kill 5000 X."

Was the promotion intended to be this time consuming?  Not that I mind. Just curious.

And also curious whether I am the only one feeling this about the "Kill things" ones - or if the other Resolutions are also of a nature where it should/will take the better part of the month, and concentrated time, to complete.



- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
- Let me get my hat and my knife
- It's your apple, take a bite
- Don't dream it ... be it


Truax
«13456

Comments

  • Torinn
    Torinn Member Posts: 1,350 @ - Epic Achaean
    The seamonster one will be basically impossible. Only the person with the killing shot on it gets credit which is a bit silly because it is a group activity
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Farrah
    Farrah Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 2,680 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    You have the whole year to complete them if you need it. I know I have no intent to bash that much in one month, but will easily complete it within the course of the year.

    I want a crusade-based resolution. Plz @Makarios @Nicola

    Resolve to become an Avatar.

    Resolve to degrade X number of shrines.

    Resolve to subvert or maybe relinquish X number of splinters.

    Prythe
  • Truax
    Truax Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited January 2017
    Prythe said:
    Why don't we have a specific thread for this?

    I Hunt almost constantly, but I can see having to stretch myself (and do almost nothing else) to manage the "Kill 5000 X."

    Was the promotion intended to be this time consuming?  Not that I mind. Just curious.

    And also curious whether I am the only one feeling this about the "Kill things" ones - or if the other Resolutions are also of a nature where it should/will take the better part of the month, and concentrated time, to complete.



    Someone who started playing around the same time as me is well into his PVP resolutions, whereas I'm 1% into just one of the PVE ones I accepted. 

    I'm not complaining or anything. Plus, I really don't know PVP that well here and maybe it's much, much harder than it looks. But at the outset it doesn't seem super balanced to me. 

    I was also wondering why there weren't more resolutions related to trade skills, ship trade, exploration, certain quest types, etc. It seems like only people who hunt or fight can participate.

    Maybe everyone here regularly does one or the other though. I'm not really sure of the playerbase make up!
    Aereidhna
  • Jhui
    Jhui Member Posts: 1,958 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    honours mob one would be cool, slay 5 different honours mob/slay all existing ones etc.
    image
    TruaxSenoskeLiyane
  • Senoske
    Senoske Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Torinn said:
    The seamonster one will be basically impossible. Only the person with the killing shot on it gets credit which is a bit silly because it is a group activity
    Eh not really. Kind of not worth it? Yes. But if you own a galley you can ship out to Tapoa, sail back and forth over the zone, drop anchor, and just rain darts on the mofo. You'll maybe hit 60% hull, nothing to really worry about.
  • Farrah
    Farrah Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 2,680 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited January 2017

    I was thinking about maybe a relic one too. Acquire every relic. Not necessarily all at once, could be something you mark off one at a time, but have to get each one.

    Get people fighting those impossible mobs. RIP.

    I think it'd be cool to have some trade ones too, but I don't know enough about that stuff to propose ones.

    Obtain X rank in the Fellowship of Explorers, with different tiers?

    Design X number of items?

    Complete X number of ship trades?

    Truax
  • Senoske
    Senoske Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Farrah said:

    I was thinking about maybe a relic one too. Acquire every relic. Not necessarily all at once, could be something you mark off one at a time, but have to get each one.

    Get people fighting those impossible mobs. RIP.

    I think it'd be cool to have some trade ones too, but I don't know enough about that stuff to propose ones.

    Obtain X rank in the Fellowship of Explorers, with different tiers?

    Design X number of items?

    Complete X number of ship trades?

    YAS SHIP TRADES.
    Liyane
  • Qirua
    Qirua Member Posts: 18
    I'd like one to kill 5000 animals.

    I basically took all the hunting ones of things I hunt, because even if it takes me forever, better to have all progress count, right?



  • Truax
    Truax Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I'm not sure how practical they all are, but I like the ideas suggested, especially:
    • Obtain X rank in the Fellowship of Explorers
    • Complete X ship trades
    • Acquire every relic
    • Slay an Honours mob (not sure if that's the right IC terminology)
    • Slay five different honours mobs
    • Complete an Honours quest (same wording issue here)
    • Complete five different Honours quests
    I was thinking maybe commissioning your own ship might be a neat one too. It's definitely a long-term goal for some folks, but it could be completed within the next RL year. Not sure if they're accepting suggestions but other things on my long-term to-do list that might fit would be:
    • Complete a Marque run (maybe just navigating a ship to each port, meaning you at its helm, could trigger this?)
    • Gain Logosian level (I think still feel like this is a midpoint for hunters)
    • Learn a new Tradeskill
    • Become an Achaean Herald
    • Register your personal Achaean heraldry 
    Hope it doesn't sound like complaining that I'd love to see more of these. Resolutions are a really neat idea whether they stay the same, change or expand!



    FarrahTelinus
  • Antonius
    Antonius Member Posts: 5,040 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Truax Attesting a marque is already a resolution.

    Honestly, my biggest issue with these is that you don't get credit for past actions, so those who have already achieved certain things are at a disadvantage (for lack of a better word) compared to those who have yet to do some of the basic ones.

    Attesting a marque, for example, is really fucking easy, yet anybody who has already done that misses out on that as an option for gaining the new currency.

    I would like to see the get dragon, get level 60, attest a marque, etc. resolutions removed. They should all be of the form "do this repeatable thing that anybody can do X times" and not of the form "complete this one time thing that you can't do again."

    AereidhnaMelodieNataliia
  • Prythe
    Prythe Member Posts: 545 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited January 2017
    Farrah said:

    You have the whole year to complete them if you need it. I know I have no intent to bash that much in one month, but will easily complete it within the course of the year.

    I want a crusade-based resolution. Plz @Makarios @Nicola

    Resolve to become an Avatar.

    Resolve to degrade X number of shrines.

    Resolve to subvert or maybe relinquish X number of splinters.

    Ooooh. I misread, I guess. To have an entire year is definitely a different thing. 

    Now to look at the resolutions again with that in mind and ensure I get credit for anything I might do in the next year!

    Thanks!

    P.S. Would also like more and varied resolutions given the year.

    - To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it


    Truax
  • Senoske
    Senoske Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited January 2017
    Resolutions. Great RP reason to fuck over the smaller Orders.

    Also what the hell is up with these massive dc lag spikes?
    TruaxKogan
  • Truax
    Truax Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited January 2017
    Antonius said:
    @Truax Attesting a marque is already a resolution.

    Honestly, my biggest issue with these is that you don't get credit for past actions, so those who have already achieved certain things are at a disadvantage (for lack of a better word) compared to those who have yet to do some of the basic ones.

    Attesting a marque, for example, is really fucking easy, yet anybody who has already done that misses out on that as an option for gaining the new currency.

    I would like to see the get dragon, get level 60, attest a marque, etc. resolutions removed. They should all be of the form "do this repeatable thing that anybody can do X times" and not of the form "complete this one time thing that you can't do again."

    Getting a marque attested doesn't mean you know how to pilot a ship to those ports though. I was suggesting that actually doing so (captaining a ship into each port) should be a resolution.

    P.s. The Avatar and other ideas @Farrah mentioned are great!

  • Keorin
    Keorin Member Posts: 1,172 @ - Epic Achaean
    Torinn said:
    The seamonster one will be basically impossible. Only the person with the killing shot on it gets credit which is a bit silly because it is a group activity
    If this is the case right now, I'd really like to see it changed. Discouraging group monster hunting seems like a waste of one of the few good group seafaring activities.
    Nataliia
  • Ahmet
    Ahmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 3,370 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Keorin said:
    Torinn said:
    The seamonster one will be basically impossible. Only the person with the killing shot on it gets credit which is a bit silly because it is a group activity
    If this is the case right now, I'd really like to see it changed. Discouraging group monster hunting seems like a waste of one of the few good group seafaring activities.
    Calling all @Anaria's to prove you wrong.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Shirszae
    Shirszae Santo DomingoMember Posts: 3,509 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ahmet said:
    Keorin said:
    Torinn said:
    The seamonster one will be basically impossible. Only the person with the killing shot on it gets credit which is a bit silly because it is a group activity
    If this is the case right now, I'd really like to see it changed. Discouraging group monster hunting seems like a waste of one of the few good group seafaring activities.
    Calling all @Anaria's to prove you wrong.
    How are they going to prove her wrong? Group monster hunting is already not worth it if you want gold. Not much different with this. Basically, everyone who aids in taking down a monster should have it count for his or her resolution, not just the final person shooting.

    And you won't understand the cause of your grief...


    ...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

    SiduriNataliia
  • Ahmet
    Ahmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 3,370 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Was referring to the first sentence, but yes, you're correct.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Lylith
    Lylith Member Posts: 28 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    It's been said already but it's worth saying again: you need to be able to get the reward from things you've done before and can not do again or those tasks need to be removed.
    BannNaoma
  • Skye
    Skye The Duchess BellatereMember, Seafaring Liason Posts: 3,171 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited January 2017
    Get X designs approved.

    *runs away*

    I'm not totally sold on these resolutions. Even with a Death's call I highly doubt I'd hit 5000 of anything in a month, for example. It is also kind of depressing to not qualify for certain resolution rewards because I'm too established and have already done them. :(

    Also is there actually any point to doing any of these at all past January? 


    AereidhnaShaydeYselaNataliia
  • Krypton
    Krypton shi-KhurenaMember Posts: 2,377 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kinda depends what the special artefacts are, since they can continue to be purchased after January.
  • Sarathai
    Sarathai Member Posts: 2,139 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited January 2017
    Skye said:
    I'm not totally sold on these resolutions. Even with a Death's call I highly doubt I'd hit 5000 of anything in a month, for example. It is also kind of depressing to not qualify for certain resolution rewards because I'm too established and have already done them. :(
    I'm fairly certain that the Xoran one would be difficult without a Death's Call. Prin has approximately 30 Xoran there (counting the children), so to kill five thousand of them by the end of January means around 179 a day, meaning six rounds of Prin per day. That is assuming nobody else is doing it at the same time, and you are logged in enough to get six rounds of Prin every day for the rest of the month, and you get all the Xorani every time (some people skip some).

    Over the course of a year, it's not too difficult.
    Antonius said:
    Honestly, my biggest issue with these is that you don't get credit for past actions, so those who have already achieved certain things are at a disadvantage (for lack of a better word) compared to those who have yet to do some of the basic ones.

    Attesting a marque, for example, is really fucking easy, yet anybody who has already done that misses out on that as an option for gaining the new currency.
    Concur on this one, though - no past credit really does hurt. Particularly since an attested marque is as simple as just buying a ship?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."



    Prythe
  • Kyrra
    Kyrra AustraliaMember Posts: 4,941 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Prinanan Genocide                   44/5000

    That's one clear of Prin. So with Death's Call, it'd be 88 per trip. Even then it's definitely going to take a while and Death's Call has a two hour cooldown and you can't blow them multiple times in an area either, as it'll say that it'd already under the effect of it or some such.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

    Sarathai
  • Qirua
    Qirua Member Posts: 18
    Skye said:
    Get X designs approved.

    *runs away*

    I'm not totally sold on these resolutions. Even with a Death's call I highly doubt I'd hit 5000 of anything in a month, for example. It is also kind of depressing to not qualify for certain resolution rewards because I'm too established and have already done them. :(

    Also is there actually any point to doing any of these at all past January? 
    From the way I understood it, the resolutions can be done in any time span, or at least, aren't limited to a month. And the auctions are in January (might be more later on) but the things being auctioned will be available after January for purchase at a price higher than the auctioned amount. So yep, still a point!
  • Sarathai
    Sarathai Member Posts: 2,139 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kyrra said:
    Prinanan Genocide                   44/5000

    That's one clear of Prin. So with Death's Call, it'd be 88 per trip. Even then it's definitely going to take a while and Death's Call has a two hour cooldown and you can't blow them multiple times in an area either, as it'll say that it'd already under the effect of it or some such.
    Down to 114 a day. Three rounds (2.6, technically) per day, every day for the rest of the month, assuming you get all of them. Still time consuming and difficult without Death's Call, though DC will make it easier.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."



    Kyrra
  • Marisella
    Marisella Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Keorin said:
    Torinn said:
    The seamonster one will be basically impossible. Only the person with the killing shot on it gets credit which is a bit silly because it is a group activity
    If this is the case right now, I'd really like to see it changed. Discouraging group monster hunting seems like a waste of one of the few good group seafaring activities.
    Group monster hunting counts for everyone who fired on the seamonster. At the moment, I don't believe the person who captains the ship gets credit for it yet.

    Also, the easiest seamonsters do not count towards the resolution.
    Alrena
  • Asmodron
    Asmodron Member Posts: 3,145 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Surprised no "Fairyhunter: kill 5000-10000 sidhe/unsidhe" or "Legacy of Parni: Kill 5000 Tsol'teth" in there. Would have made for some free pk fun
    PrytheAereidhnaNataliia
  • Nazihk
    Nazihk Member Posts: 993 @ - Epic Achaean
    Count me as another vote for "I hate that there are so many resolutions that are impossible for me to achieve because I've already done them"
    PrytheAereidhnaSiduriNataliia
  • Truax
    Truax Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Nazihk said:
    Count me as another vote for "I hate that there are so many resolutions that are impossible for me to achieve because I've already done them"
    It might be neat if there had been tiers of resolutions. 1-60 gets these resolutions. 60-99 gets these resolutions. 100+ gets these resolutions. And so on. Maybe some are common to all tiers. Perhaps then there'd be fewer people who feel this way. 
    AereidhnaNataliia
Sign In to Comment.