Legion

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Morthif said:
    So apparently Exp was bugged if more then a few people or any level 100 tagged a mob. Fixed now and exp gain is insane. Over a level every 2 invasions if I'm not dead during every mini boss kill
    Try it with a ranged class that has insta-hit abilities (or dots) - Run around and tag everything you possibly can. Even at 92 it's -insane- exp; I was getting -over- a level every single invasion. Sure it's kinda scummy to the rest of the people doing it, since it ups the mob hp, but hey. Lots of exp.

Mo'arg (big uglies with massive weapons) were giving like 38k exp per kill at 92, the infernals were giving between 20-30. Even the crappy flying bats were giving 3-5k each. Also stage 1 if you hit everything in sight your exp goes up so fast.

eta: DoTs don't actually have to do damage to yield exp, they just have to be tagged with the DoT (I was using doom, for reference, which only does damage after 18s)
  • Yeah, was leveling ele shammy last night. They are still so much fun and once Artefact is leveled up it looks even more fun. My only complaint is why is it a fist weapon :/
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Thats been a bug with scaling since early early beta. Did it really make it to live? Thats depressing.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Antonius said:
    This thread is kind of making me want to play WoW again, but I don't think I have the time or dedication to make it worthwhile now. I raided pretty seriously in 10-man guilds (of varying quality) throughout Wrath, main specced Protection Paladin. Managed to put together a decent enough Retribution set from unneeded drops (from 10-man heroic and 25-man normal) to transition to a 25-man guild on another server after we'd completed all of the ICC 10-man heroic achievements, then stopped playing when I moved (and had a garbage internet connection) during the second tier raids of Cataclysm.
    Arena all day.
  • edited August 2016
    Until you fight a 5man queue that just kite/cc you into oblivion while killing your healer. Feels fucking bad man. Did a WSG vs a 5man premade from Frostmourne. Mage/Hunter/Warlock/Rsham/Hpal... As a Windwalker... Could not do anything most of the game.

Polymorph, polymorph, fear, fear, death coil, deep freeze, hpal blind. /afk

Anze said:
    Arena all day.
    My arena playing is probably going to be next to non-existent in Legion. Being -forced- to do 3s if you wanna relax and do arena as a healer. No thanks. I don't dislike 3s, but without friends who're good in such PvP situations, I find it highly dull. Dps/Dps vs Dps/Dps is going to just be a zerg fest.

• Ryzeth said:
    Until you fight a 5man queue that just kite/cc you into oblivion while killing your healer. Feels fucking bad man. Did a WSG vs a 5man premade from Frostmourne. Mage/Hunter/Warlock/Rsham/Hpal... As a Windwalker... Could not do anything most of the game.

Polymorph, polymorph, fear, fear, death coil, deep freeze, hpal blind. /afk

Anze said:
    Arena all day.
    My arena playing is probably going to be next to non-existent in Legion. Being -forced- to do 3s if you wanna relax and do arena as a healer. No thanks. I don't dislike 3s, but without friends who're good in such PvP situations, I find it highly dull. Dps/Dps vs Dps/Dps is going to just be a zerg fest.

2s have always been nonsense though. DPS/healer is a good way to waste 30+ minutes of your day and DPS/DPS wasn't exactly a tactical back-and-forth prior to Legion either...people run with whatever.
  • Anze said:
    2s have always been nonsense though. DPS/healer is a good way to waste 30+ minutes of your day and DPS/DPS wasn't exactly a tactical back-and-forth prior to Legion either...people run with whatever.
    All depends on what you play, really. I never had games last more than 6-7 minutes (even in WoD) as rogue/priest, warrior/rdru, lock/rdru whenever I fucked around on my healer with friends. Which was about the normal 'accepted' time to have a match go for...

As for Double DPS: Mage/Rogue and Mage/Spriest were never about zerg rushing. They're two highly formidable comps that actually take a lot of effort to pull off versus most of the common matchups. Both have been that way since Arena's inception. Does it have ridiculous burst? Of course it does, but so does any double dps. It's also very much counterable.

Not defending 2s. I only really did it for points/when I had nothing better to do, but it's not really as zergy as you think.
  • 3s are where it's at, but I agree that you need some on the ball team mates to make it enjoyable. 

• Pretty sure you will be able to heal ranked 2s, just not skirmishes so that they are faster and less 'anti-fun' or whatever.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • SneakySquid#1738
  • Morthif said:
    They are still so much fun
    Loved Ele in Wrath; haven't really played it since...

You were right, this class is fun. When the BG isn't full of dks/warriors/rogues/ferals at least! Or if you have a healer to play with. @Lala where are you, my trusty healbot :(
  • Part of me is really curious to see how many new 100's I can make with all 6 stages of the invasion up at once. 
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Lala said:
    Part of me is really curious to see how many new 100's I can make with all 6 stages of the invasion up at once. 
    60 to 67 in 2 hours, no heirlooms, no elixirs (which stack if you have both), and no rested xp. I feel like I could be capped by now if I had all those things. :dissapointed:
    Huh. Neat.
  • Morthif said:
    Yeah, was leveling ele shammy last night. They are still so much fun and once Artefact is leveled up it looks even more fun. My only complaint is why is it a fist weapon :/
    Artifacts are just Garrisons.

Legion = Flop. You heard it here first.
  • Looks really cool to me so far. Artefacts are much simpler garrisons with much better rewards and more ways to achieve the goals. 
  • I play with my dude. We actually multibox the same account (he had shiny stuff because he had been playing for almost 8 years on the account before I ever tried it and I wanted his shiny stuff!) I am going to end up starting Legion with either survival hunter (so fun, but SO BAD at things OMG) or arms warrior. I switched to afflock halfway through WoD and loved it, but am not keen on the legion changes and haven't even started screwing around with it to decide if I like it or not. Which is sad, since that's my only mythic geared character. I don't raid, and dungeon with people in dude's guild because I don't have a single character in a real guild unfortunately. Dude is a fantastic and versatile player, so I like to think I play fairly well since he refused to let me just be bad at things and actually learn the classes I've played so far. I am actually super excited for Legion, and wasn't at all for WoD. I started playing at the end of MoP. 
  • I should have taken today off. Did my artifact quest and got to my first zone before leaving for work. Fffggggfnjdjhsjussbsn

• farkin DDoSing stopping me from getting back to do my class hall stuff. hnrgh!
  • edited August 2016
    Very minor spoilers for horde people who haven't done Stormheim yet. Pretty fun zone, with an awesome ending cinematic.

• Takes so long to kill things! Got to do like a whole rotation.
  • Joe leveled 100-110 yesterday, I leveled 100-101 XD XD I guess that's what I get for deciding not to fly through content like he was going to. 
  • Faolin said:
    Joe leveled 100-110 yesterday, I leveled 100-101 XD XD I guess that's what I get for deciding not to fly through content like he was going to. 
    Story of my life. I see people already at 110, and I'm sitting here at 102 enjoying the storyline lol

• Antidas said:
    Faolin said:
    Joe leveled 100-110 yesterday, I leveled 100-101 XD XD I guess that's what I get for deciding not to fly through content like he was going to. 
    Story of my life. I see people already at 110, and I'm sitting here at 102 enjoying the storyline lol
    That's what I wanted to do XD he on the other hand raids with a mythic progression guild so the next few weeks are going to be whip through everything as quickly as possible. 
  • Ryzeth said:
    Very minor spoilers for horde people who haven't done Stormheim yet. Pretty fun zone, with an awesome ending cinematic.

Who's the tied-up chick?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Who's the tied-up chick?
    Eyir.
  • I did all the quests in my first area.... Not very efficient Luling, but I'm loving it... Also Luling as disc priest... Sure I can pull groups of 10 and live. But takes forever to kill.
  • Luling..... Lvling... 
  • Leveling as spriest. 105 right now and just starting Highmountain cause Tauren are awesome. Spriest is legit as hell. Have done two dungeons so far and you can just unload on bosses... Only thing I've felt shitty about is priests second order hall research tier felt like a rip off. Let's you pray at a shadow or light altar for what it says are "bonuses" once per day. The bonus is a one time use item that's essentially a soul stone with a knock back on death. It's pretty shitty. I haven't even died yet and I'm not gonna spend another 2k resources to re research it until I have everything else done. 

• Rangor said:
    I did all the quests in my first area.... Not very efficient Luling, but I'm loving it... Also Luling as disc priest... Sure I can pull groups of 10 and live. But takes forever to kill.
    I did the same. I just finished Stormheim last night at level 104. I'm almost done leveling archaeology and fishing, and continue to just faff about. XD Survival hunter is still a weakling with bigger groups though :( 
  • Yeah I've been going crazy slow. Got my Artefact Weapon for each of my eligible alts and just couldn't decide what class I wanted to level first. Was going to do Unholy DK but my lethargy kept me from capping the final 10 levels on Monday. Did the Druid quest close to last and fell back in love with feral and started leveling that instead of the Ret Pally. 

All the the artefact quests are really cool but the ones that go to icecrown are so much more awesome.