How did I not know this?

Comments

• Sena said:
    Nataliia said:
    I remembered today, while getting unenemied places, that you can forward messages.
    Keep in mind that there's nothing to distinguish forwarded messages from any other message, it just automatically adds some text to the beginning. So it's effectively the same as saying "<person> told me <x>" and can just as easily be made up.
    I suppose, but I'm not dishonest like that so that wouldn't have crossed my mind.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited January 2017
    Having finally picked up a second class, I figured out you can create multiple defence modes in Svof using vcreate defmode <name>. So very convenient. 

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    TIL that opening a door takes 2 endurance, while closing a door takes 20. Cause physics.
    Huh. Neat.
    Ahmet said:
    TIL that opening a door takes 2 endurance, while closing a door takes 20. Cause physics.
    Stop slamming the damn doors.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Latter is probably to help prevent that SPAM THE DOOR CLOSED SO THEY CAN'T LOS OR GET IN raid tactics that got a bit popular for a while (on several sides).
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    TIL you can take on multiple resolutions at once.

God. Damnit.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    I was wondering why you said you were gonna do Resolution so-and-so, after you had finished another...
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Is that even intended, though?

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

The Announce post says, "You can have as many resolutions as you like" -- just not the ones with overlapping goals simultaneously
  • Kresslack said:
    Ahmet said:
    Stop slamming the damn doors.
    Probably because opening new doors takes more mental effort.
  • How did I no know you could see other adventurers while phased?
    Bade said:
    How did I no know you could see other adventurers while phased?
    I always picture Frodo wearing the ring and entering the Wraith World when I think of phase.

• That I can parry with a quarterstaff. Totally awesome! (I've played a monk for 10 real life years and took 2 real life years off from the game)

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    You can parry with totems @Kyrra

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • @Krypton

I DONT KNOW HOW PEOPLE DONT KNOW THAT EXISTS.

I get so many accidental misses whenever I tell someone something, and I literally have to go "just use RT bro".

Then I have to spend 5 minutes explaining the difference between reply and RT and then they go "Ohhhhhhhhhhhh"
  • config nametells on
    What could go wrong?

Related; sorry @yzarin for all the random tells with people's names. t and y are very close together :(
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

@Klendathu

Another reason to enunciate ship commands:
    You tell Shirszae, "P turn e."
    You tell Shirszae, "P info."
    You tell Shirszae, "P dock w confirm."
    You tell Shirszae, "P ammo status."
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Krypton said:
    @Klendathu

Another reason to enunciate ship commands:
    You tell Shirszae, "P turn e."
    You tell Shirszae, "P info."
    You tell Shirszae, "P dock w confirm."
    You tell Shirszae, "P ammo status."
    Ah, incompetence. Gotcha :D

That's why I have the option to use just a person's name to send a tell disabled.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    Once tried to send Twil a tell post-spar but his habit of poofing suddenly post-fight without a word ended up amusing Twilight with a suggestion to parry His torso.

Was just talking about echoes with someone
    cinsertText() is the greatest function ever for clearing up combat spam without losing some of the awesome lines the game has. Wish I'd known about it sooner

Kenway said:
    Once tried to send Twil a tell post-spar but his habit of poofing suddenly post-fight without a word ended up amusing Twilight with a suggestion to parry His torso.

cinsertText() is the greatest function ever for clearing up combat spam without losing some of the awesome lines the game has. Wish I'd known about it sooner
    Is there a way to change the size/colour of it?

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited January 2017
    Kresslack said:
    Kenway said:

Is there a way to change the size/colour of it?
    Colour, yes (that's the c in cinsertText) - clicky

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    @Kresslack

cinsertText  ("<fg:bg> example text " ..line.. " other stuff")
    Can put the colour tag in multiple places or wherever

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited January 2017
    Xaden said:
    config nametells on
    What could go wrong?

Related; sorry @yzarin for all the random tells with people's names. t and y are very close together :(
      Mycen tells you, "Ne."
      Mycen tells you, "Ne."
      Mycen tells you, "Ne."
      Mycen tells you, "Ne."
      Mycen tells you, "Ne."
      Mycen tells you, "Ne."
      Mycen tells you, "Ne."
      Mycen tells you, "Ne."
      Mycen tells you, "Ne."
      Mycen tells you, "Ne."
      Mycen tells you, "Ne."
      Mycen tells you, "Ne."
      Mycen tells you, "Ne."
      Mycen tells you, "Ne."

You should probably go northeast 

• Nametells are the bane of my existence. I've gotten so many "X tells you, '123456' / X tells you, 'Mis, meant to probe'"
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Agreed!
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

Skye said:
      Mycen tells you, "
      "