How did I not know this?

Comments

• Of Achaea?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    You can dismiss these blasted announcement threads :D
    Huh. Neat.
  • I did not know until a few days ago about the DIRECTORY <ITEM> command that can be used in an area when shopping. This has changed my life!
    This is fantastic!  I've found there have been several convenience additions to the game in my couple years of absence.  Thanks!

• lua variablehere

^ Displays the value of the var. Useful when checking if things are matching properly and whatnot rather than echoing things to yourself.

lua variablehere = value

^ Forces the variable you specify to the value you specify.

(Mudlet ^^^^)

Also internal echo,

While logged in:
    echo You get 123456789 gold from a canvas backpack.

Using the echo command actually makes the client think it came from Achaea. Amazing for testing anti-theft and highlights/gags/whatever the hell else.
  • Senoske said:
    lua variablehere

^ Displays the value of the var. Useful when checking if things are matching properly and whatnot rather than echoing things to yourself.

lua variablehere = value

(Mudlet ^^^^)

Also internal echo,

While logged in:

Using the echo command actually makes the client think it came from Achaea. Amazing for testing anti-theft and highlights/gags/whatever the hell else.
    What is the difference between echo and vecho when using Svof?
  • Puxi said:
    Senoske said:
    lua variablehere

lua variablehere = value

(Mudlet ^^^^)

Also internal echo,

While logged in:

What is the difference between echo and vecho when using Svof?
    The spelling :)
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • vecho can do more than 3 lines
  • Senoske said:
    That's because it COMES from Achaea and thus works across all clients.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    A couple of classleads ago. Maybe last summer or something?
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
    Been around a decent while now. Sadly is very temporary.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    May 2014.
  • My favorite fun/useless fact is that there are at least 3 entrances to Annwyn from the mainland.
  • Jaizsur said:
    My favorite fun/useless fact is that there are at least 3 entrances to Annwyn from the mainland.
    Old news now Mr. Wind
  • This may be news to some people, or no people at all, but frenetic group combat is best done before 10 hours of alcohol consumption not after or during. Just saying.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Morthif said:
    Jaizsur said:
    My favorite fun/useless fact is that there are at least 3 entrances to Annwyn from the mainland.
    Old news now Mr. Wind
    Aww, man! It used to be such a secret.
  • Jaizsur said:
    Morthif said:
    Jaizsur said:
    Old news now Mr. Wind
    I know of 3. If there is more that would be pretty cool. 
  • Morthif said:
    Jaizsur said:
    Morthif said:
    Jaizsur said:
    Old news now Mr. Wind
    I know of 3. If there is more that would be pretty cool. 
    wow i thought there is one. thank for spilling something.... mhmm.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
    At least two of them are implemented in the crowdmap :(
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    At least two of them are implemented in the crowdmap :(
    The two less known ones too. 
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Found out you can follow someone who is sprinting through the wilderness, even if you don't have the Pacing ability. Not sure if that's a bug or not.

• If you're on a mount and have gallop you can follow people sprinting.

If that wasn't the reason why it might be a bug. If it is, it's probably due to the room restriction on dash in the wilderness.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Yeah I was mounted and have gallop, so I guess that works. But apparently people with Sprinting/Pacing can't follow someone who Gallops?

I've never looked into Riding that much; mainly just use it for Gallop, Mountjump, and the defensive bonus.

• Pacing works but needs to be activated, sprint doesn't do anything to keep them from losing you.
  • I remembered today, while getting unenemied places, that you can forward messages. This negated a need for a game of telephone since I could send an origianl org leader message to someone else to get unenemied. <3

Typing MSG gives a list of all messaging options. 
  • Nataliia said:
    I remembered today, while getting unenemied places, that you can forward messages.
    Keep in mind that there's nothing to distinguish forwarded messages from any other message, it just automatically adds some text to the beginning. So it's effectively the same as saying "<person> told me <x>" and can just as easily be made up.