How did I not know this?

Comments

• I learned today that targeting in weaponry does not require balance in any form or fashion. I always thought that you had to have balance/eq to TARGET <limb>, thus the action would add to my queue. 

I HAVE THOUGHT THIS FOR YEARS. 
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Asmodron said:
    So apparently when you COOK FISH via the seafaring skill, there is a chance for random things to pop out of the fish while cooking. Having rarely thought to use this skill, I was shocked to find a Harpoon lying upon my cabin floor.

Now im curious what else I can carve out.
    Coins. Other fish. Caviar. Gold. Severed limbs.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited August 2016
    omg Skye... i love you

You just received message #20585 from Datrius.
    Renumbering messages from 1.
    Done.
    You just received message #2262 from Khaibit.

that's a lot!

• Antonius said:

@Israyhl In that case, you might be excited to learn that almost all attacks allow you to specify the limb to hit as part of the command. There's generally no need to ever actually use TARGET <limb>.

This is my first ever attempt at prepping limbs in a fight in all my time playing IRE. Going to have to update my keys to reflect that option. That would make it... outrageously easier to attack someone's limbs. Thanks, @Antonius!!
  • edited August 2016
    Skye said:
       MSG RENUMBER                         - renumber all your messages from 1.

Suddenly everything's a whole lot neater
    B-but... How will I ever know when I get my 20,000th message?

I want to do it... But I want that satisfaction of that milestone first... Gah.

Msg natliya Msg Renumber @ 20K
    Msg preserve 16473
    I don't like long goodbyes.
  • Can't you just message yourself and hold down the enter key for several minutes?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • edited August 2016
    I always knew I was destined to become a plant, even far removed from Viridian I may be.
    I don't like long goodbyes.
  • Skye said:
       MSG RENUMBER                         - renumber all your messages from 1.

Suddenly everything's a whole lot neater
    I think that's the only idea I submitted that actually got implemented!
  • You can use dragon colors as you complete the talisman set!

I assumed that you had to wait until you had them all to access all the colors. 
  • HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Asmodron said:
    Just yesterday I discovered the strange mysterious mob in Orilla that apparently lets you put up items for sale to others through it...what a strange concept. I wonder if it was ever famous at one point.

Use Yenien all the time.

• I had assumed you couldn't duanathar out of the subdivisions. #SuchN00b #FeelzBad
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• YOU CAN DUANATHAR OUT OF SUBDIVISIONS?!?
    I want to formally apologize to all the people I've made walk me out.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Omor said:
    YOU CAN DUANATHAR OUT OF SUBDIVISIONS?!?
    It blew my mind too... And I am so happy I'm not the only one!
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    Omor said:
    YOU CAN DUANATHAR OUT OF SUBDIVISIONS?!?
    It blew my mind too... And I am so happy I'm not the only one!
    I used to grove return from subdivision as well as wilderness map :3
  • Zulah said:
    lua showColors()

Then mouse over to see the numbers too
    I did NOT know this, and I was just having a discussion with someone about which colors were valid and how i didn't know where to check!
  • So today I discovered that you can hire crew from any harbor and they will make their way to your ship. Thank god for this....what with meropis being deprived of ship wares and I was basically stuck with a damaged ship.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Asmodron said:
    So today I discovered that you can hire crew from any harbor and they will make their way to your ship. Thank god for this....what with meropis being deprived of ship wares and I was basically stuck with a damaged ship.
    Any manmade harbour, I think.
    Huh. Neat.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Farrah said:
    Jukilian said:
    You should be able to use the enchantment name also.

As in, POINT FIRELASH AT EAST
    This just changed my life.

-- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Aerek said:
    Farrah said:
    Jukilian said:
    You should be able to use the enchantment name also.

As in, POINT FIRELASH AT EAST
    This just changed my life.

If this works, I'm going to be very angry at myself, because I just wrote a very robust ice/firewall and firelash script.
  • show lessons [left] in <skill>:
    You have the equivalent of about 56 lessons in the skill Vision.
    You have about 1680 lessons remaining before you reach Transcendence in the skill Vision.

who <dir>:
    You see the following people to the north:
    Person1 Person2 Person3

For Mudlet Mapper: goto <roomnum> [dash/gallop/runaway/sprint], goto <partial or complete area name>.

You can use "{<name>}" to manipulate dolls of people (i.e. wield {sarapis} or put {sarapis} in pouch)
    Dolllist shows all your dolls in your inventory and the amount of fashions they have on them.

Instead of having to build a battlerage tracker you can just do "dsl target;onslaught target;collide target" on every attack and it'll use the attacks automatically as they refresh. Just gag the failure messages and you're set.
  • Only thing I don't like about that battlerage idea is not maintaining enough for shield break abilities. My battlerage racking always ensures I have at least enough rage to use jacks/melt to break a shield. Though I suppose I could worry less about melt since I have blast in dform.
  • Patroklos said:
    Only thing I don't like about that battlerage idea is not maintaining enough for shield break abilities. My battlerage racking always ensures I have at least enough rage to use jacks/melt to break a shield. Though I suppose I could worry less about melt since I have blast in dform.
    Well, knights get razeslash so it's not as big a deal for us.
  • Let me tell ya, as a Jester if you don't have enough rage for jacks it really gimps your pace.
  • Patroklos said:
    Let me tell ya, as a Jester if you don't have enough rage for jacks it really gimps your pace.
    Shouldn't you have a hammer tattoo as a jester anyway? It's faster than badjoke (and you can make it even faster with Lethal Ink.)