How did I not know this?

Comments

• You can repeat your last command by entering !
  • edited September 2017
    Sayenna said:

Yep, definitely can.
    Welllĺlll. Seems maybe I messed up the syntax this whole time then? And assumed after one attempt not possible because it wasn't in the AB. Hey what do you know... how did I not know this? 
  • Probe Pack figurine, will list only figurines in the pack. 
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Dochitha said:
    Probe Pack figurine, will list only figurines in the pack. 
    P PACK VIRG, will list all the Virgos and virgins in the pack.
  • Something interesting I learned today! Did you know you are unable to wield the corpses of other peoples artefact pets? I guess even as a corpse, it is considered an artefact!
  • there is an ECHO function in game, and it isn't even a stupid emote !

i'm a rebel

• Tesha said:
    there is an ECHO function in game, and it isn't even a stupid emote !
    How else do test your triggers?! 
  • Honestly I've always just used cast illusion.

i'm a rebel

• edited January 2018
    Puxi said:
    Tesha said:
    there is an ECHO function in game, and it isn't even a stupid emote !
    How else do test your triggers?! 
    Mudlet profiles have a default function for it, after 2.1 and beyond.
    `echo <stuff>
    Functions the exact same way, but doesn't require being logged in (though if a trigger relies on prompt too, this part obviously doesn't work) to test it. In-game version can be done on the nexus client as well, though, without needing a third-party script to do so.
  • I knew it for a long time, but since @Penwize didn't until now...

Much like AFFLICTION LIST and AFFLICTION SHOW <aff> ...

DEFENCE LIST and DEFENCE SHOW <def> is also a thing!
  • How did I not know there are 6188 different potential combinations of spiritlore bindings?
  • Vika said:
    No idea if this is here already but this blew my mind and makes life a lot easier for me now!

Courtsey of @Nicola because I used to spam LLIST all the time and using unique IDs.

- 2018/04/16 14:30:34 - Vika says, "You should try LETTERLIST, and you can see all your letters!
    Then you can read based on its ID number! For example READ L168373, if I wanted to read the fifth 
    letter in my cluttered inventory right now."

Message #1862       Sent by Nicola
    2018/4/16/14:32 For a super easy way to read the fifth letter in your inventory, you could READ
    LETTER#5 !
    This was a great addition. However, there are a couple of potential pitfalls when trying to use it:

1. It doesn't work for every command.
    2. The ordering of items in your inventory doesn't always match the order they're displayed in when doing II <keyword>, since II now categorises things based on some loose criteria (worn, wearable but unworn, containers, etc). If you have items matching the keyword that are in different categories, you don't necessarily know which one is actually the fifth in your inventory.
  • Antonius said:
    2. The ordering of items in your inventory doesn't always match the order they're displayed in when doing II <keyword>, since II now categorises things based on some loose criteria (worn, wearable but unworn, containers, etc). If you have items matching the keyword that are in different categories, you don't necessarily know which one is actually the fifth in your inventory.
    You can use II OLD to get the old listing without categories (only separated by wielding/holding/wearing), though as far as I know you can't filter it, II LETTER OLD won't show any letters for example.
  • Searching news posts via keywords. How did I not know about this. Thanks @Kyrra
  • Connell said:
    Searching news posts via keywords. How did I not know about this. Thanks @Kyrra

Given the amount of special items from promotions (especially the one-time ones that haven't come back), and lag behind of changes not being in AB files,   NEWSSEARCH ANNOUNCE <word(s)> has become quite the utility for me.

• Nice! Mudlet needs this too.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Rhivona said:
    Nexus users can use the WINDOW prefix to open the output of their command in a little window akin to the help files - for example WINDOW READNEWS ANNOUNCE 4925
    Wait what.
  • It is possible to have Window work for HISTORY channel/DEATHSIGHT?
  • Ismay said:
    Nice! Mudlet needs this too.
    heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• Dupre said:
    It is possible to have Window work for HISTORY channel/DEATHSIGHT?

Fo sho.

• OP, nerf nexus
     <3 
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Kyrra said:
    Skye said:
    Yeah but only if they're on the immediate opposite side. So if you're standing at the front door and knocking, people in the house won't hear you unless they're all hanging around the entrance. 
    I thought I recall somewhere that doorbells were a thing or that something was being changed that you'd hear people knocking on the front door of a house? 
    @Kyrra I was catching up on this thread and saw this, and remember coming across an out-of-sub plot of yours that had a doorbell on it. Thought it was really neat!

• Dupre said:
    After some digging, it seems that WINDOW DEATHSIGHT HISTORY works, but WINDOW HISTORY DEATHSIGHT does not - we'll have a look at the why here.
    Also, after some headaches, we have implemented CONFIG NEWSINWINDOW for nexus, this'll automatically open newsposts inside these special windows.
  • edited June 2018
    Rhivona said:
    Dupre said:
    After some digging, it seems that WINDOW DEATHSIGHT HISTORY works, but WINDOW HISTORY DEATHSIGHT does not - we'll have a look at the why here.

• Ronwe said:
    Rhivona said:
    Dupre said:

You're right, too much spaghetti.