How did I not know this?

Comments

• I like obscure!
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    If something is ON an object, (not IN), you can apparently interact/look at it without first needing to get it. I never knew this was the case until now. (Despite how much sense it makes).

I am literally :open_mouth:

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• You can look specifically at what people are wearing, too, so long as it's visible on their person.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    *and they're not holding a shimmering orb

That part always niggles me.

• Skye said:
    *and they're not holding a shimmering orb

That part always niggles me.
    This is too perfect for this thread!

Misc
    ----
    * Worn clothes that were already visible when carrying a shimmering orb can now be examined more closely.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    whaaaaaaaaaaaaat. I did not know that. that's awesum

• PainePaine Prime Material
    How did I not know the difference between server side command separator and client side command separator? Duh!

thanks for pointing out the obvious, @Mindshell

• Ooh! I got one!

I've made good use of WHATCURES and WHATISCUREDBY, but for the most part, afflictions to me have always been 'those things you stack to block cures or hide lock affs'.

AFFLICTION SHOW <aff> has informed me that they have numerous other uses too! No longer are vertigo and lethargy just 'things that happen on the way'.
  • I've known this for years, but I figure I'd post it here since I've come across a lot of people who don't...

Something that isn't really documented for some reason: Impatience halves mana sips.

• TIL   

• Important Achaeo-linguistic discovery: plants (and potentially other riftable items) change their respective plural forms when dropped together with others of their kind. Notably, some even lose their natural berry form and become a much more abstract botanical entity, and, arguably, much more cute.

drop 50 sileris: 
    You drop 2 sileris berries.
    You hold no more of that item.

drop 50 plant:
    You drop 20 silerises.
    You hold no more of that item.
  • Oh, for silerises's sake.
  • Greys said:
    @Kresslack Its so annoying that a mule can outsprint me, a dragon.
    Dragons are fat

• This was changed recently, a great change! 
  • Sell me a goddamn Morimbuul

• Today I learned SHOWEMOTE is a thing. I have always been playing Russian roulette when using emotes I don't know. 
  • Mannimar said:
    Today I learned SHOWEMOTE is a thing. I have always been playing Russian roulette when using emotes I don't know. 
    Yes. I started using this after I tried to bite my thumb (with BITETHUMB) as if thinking to myself about something. And the mood of the room dropped to scary levels. 
  • Mannimar said:
    Today I learned SHOWEMOTE is a thing. I have always been playing Russian roulette when using emotes I don't know. 
    I'm pretty sure this also works with custom emotes.
  • Antonius said:
    Mannimar said:
    I'm pretty sure this also works with custom emotes.
    I knew about showemote, but I had no clue this worked for custom ones! This is amazing (particularly if you involve lots of things/people with @ and $, which can easily get messed up).
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    RIP orgasm

at least we still have leghump.
  • Archaeon said:
    RIP orgasm

at least we still have leghump.
    They got rid of headbang.  That is pretty much when the game lost my interest.

• some npcs I will leave unnamed are now unkillable! Another solid change, since they are important for things :).
  • edited April 2020
    I've heard about some, but I still don't really know why. I hope it's because of things that are really super important and can't possibly work with a killable npc and not a first step into dividing npcs into quest mobs and bashing mobs...

• Because nobody wants to drill an hour into learning a quest, or have no idea where their next progress step is because npcs are constantly dead. Nothing less fun than trying to do already cryptic quests in an area that is nearly always hunted bare.
  • edited April 2020
    Minifie said:
    some npcs I will leave unnamed are now unkillable! Another solid change, since they are important for things :).
    Stupid denizens in Istarion. 😡😡😡😡 I thought I was losing my mind when I hit and the health stayed at 100%

AND I was there when I was in my last 5% drive for 99 so I was already extra anxious. "OF COURSE YOU'RE IMMORTAL NOW, YOU TASTY .3% SNACK!" left my mouth once.
  • What’s wrong with quest mobs vs bashing mobs?
  • Iocun said:

The whole idea that npcs aren't divided into quest mobs and bashing mobs has, to me, always been a very fundamental aspect of the playing experience that you get introduced to right at the start. Do you kill pixies and give them to the imp lord, or do you do the opposite? Either way, you will be completing a quest and hindering another quest by hunting at the same time.

The correct answer is the kill all the pixies except the queen, give them to the imp lord, then murder all the imps and give them to the pixie queen....then murder the pixie queen to save her the grief of living without all her subjects.
  • Thaisen said:
    Iocun said:

The whole idea that npcs aren't divided into quest mobs and bashing mobs has, to me, always been a very fundamental aspect of the playing experience that you get introduced to right at the start. Do you kill pixies and give them to the imp lord, or do you do the opposite? Either way, you will be completing a quest and hindering another quest by hunting at the same time.

The correct answer is the kill all the pixies except the queen, give them to the imp lord, then murder all the imps and give them to the pixie queen....then murder the pixie queen to save her the grief of living without all her subjects.

That's my boy. Taught you well the Hunt.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it