Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

How did I not know this?

Comments

• TaryiusTaryius Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 816 @ - Epic Achaean
    Ryx said:
    If you're struggling with Amarisse's quest, you can talk to her later and she offers something else.

Don't be me. Don't look 5 hours for an opal.
    I'm pretty sure they are always beside Lafrin.
    ShirszaeRyx
  • MroxylMroxyl Member Posts: 163 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I went back and go the same thing again. Time to continue scouring the desert for glass, it seems :D
  • CooperCooper Member Posts: 5,522 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I spent around 10-15 hours trying to find a special kind of lime recently.

Then broke down and decided to ask people for help. Someone was able to instantly give me a hint to put me on the right path and I had the lime like 15 minutes later.

Some stuff is just freaking obscure. 

VinzentSkyeMroxylMelodie
  • JadysJadys Member Posts: 216 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I like obscure!
    Shirszae
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo DomingoMember Posts: 3,354 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    If something is ON an object, (not IN), you can apparently interact/look at it without first needing to get it. I never knew this was the case until now. (Despite how much sense it makes).

I am literally :open_mouth:

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

SkyeUtianima
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 2,124 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You can look specifically at what people are wearing, too, so long as it's visible on their person.

UtianimaShirszae
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess BellatereMember, Seafaring Liason Posts: 3,169 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    *and they're not holding a shimmering orb

That part always niggles me.

• TaryiusTaryius Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 816 @ - Epic Achaean
    Skye said:
    *and they're not holding a shimmering orb

That part always niggles me.
    This is too perfect for this thread!

Misc
    ----
    * Worn clothes that were already visible when carrying a shimmering orb can now be examined more closely.
    Skye
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess BellatereMember, Seafaring Liason Posts: 3,169 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    whaaaaaaaaaaaaat. I did not know that. that's awesum

Taryius
  • PainePaine Member Posts: 42 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    How did I not know the difference between server side command separator and client side command separator? Duh!

thanks for pointing out the obvious, @Mindshell

MannimarUtianima
  • RackhamRackham Member Posts: 208 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Ooh! I got one!

I've made good use of WHATCURES and WHATISCUREDBY, but for the most part, afflictions to me have always been 'those things you stack to block cures or hide lock affs'.

AFFLICTION SHOW <aff> has informed me that they have numerous other uses too! No longer are vertigo and lethargy just 'things that happen on the way'.
    Utianima
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 2,124 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I've known this for years, but I figure I'd post it here since I've come across a lot of people who don't...

Something that isn't really documented for some reason: Impatience halves mana sips.

DorielUtianima
  • CooperCooper Member Posts: 5,522 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    TIL   

• IocunIocun Member Posts: 3,664 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Important Achaeo-linguistic discovery: plants (and potentially other riftable items) change their respective plural forms when dropped together with others of their kind. Notably, some even lose their natural berry form and become a much more abstract botanical entity, and, arguably, much more cute.

drop 50 sileris: 
    You drop 2 sileris berries.
    You hold no more of that item.

drop 50 plant:
    You drop 20 silerises.
    You hold no more of that item.
    AustereReysonKyrraUtianima
  • ReysonReyson Member Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Oh, for silerises's sake.
  • HawkyraHawkyra Member Posts: 3
    Greys said:
    @Kresslack Its so annoying that a mule can outsprint me, a dragon.
    Dragons are fat
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 2,963 @@ - Legendary Achaean

This was changed recently, a great change! 
    CooperUtianima
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 2,318 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sell me a goddamn Morimbuul

Shirszae
  • MannimarMannimar Member Posts: 983 @ - Epic Achaean
    Today I learned SHOWEMOTE is a thing. I have always been playing Russian roulette when using emotes I don't know. 
  • PauxPaux Member Posts: 72 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Mannimar said:
    Today I learned SHOWEMOTE is a thing. I have always been playing Russian roulette when using emotes I don't know. 
    Yes. I started using this after I tried to bite my thumb (with BITETHUMB) as if thinking to myself about something. And the mood of the room dropped to scary levels. 
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,991 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Mannimar said:
    I'm pretty sure this also works with custom emotes.
    Iocun
    Antonius said:
    Mannimar said:
    I'm pretty sure this also works with custom emotes.
    I knew about showemote, but I had no clue this worked for custom ones! This is amazing (particularly if you involve lots of things/people with @ and $, which can easily get messed up).
    Utianima
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lolMember Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    RIP orgasm

at least we still have leghump.
    CobaultUtianima
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 2,318 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Archaeon said:
    RIP orgasm

at least we still have leghump.
    They got rid of headbang.  That is pretty much when the game lost my interest.

PrytheZbaco
    some npcs I will leave unnamed are now unkillable! Another solid change, since they are important for things :).
    Utianima
    edited April 27
    I've heard about some, but I still don't really know why. I hope it's because of things that are really super important and can't possibly work with a killable npc and not a first step into dividing npcs into quest mobs and bashing mobs...

Because nobody wants to drill an hour into learning a quest, or have no idea where their next progress step is because npcs are constantly dead. Nothing less fun than trying to do already cryptic quests in an area that is nearly always hunted bare.
  • CobaultCobault Member Posts: 163 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited April 27
    Minifie said:
    some npcs I will leave unnamed are now unkillable! Another solid change, since they are important for things :).
    Stupid denizens in Istarion. 😡😡😡😡 I thought I was losing my mind when I hit and the health stayed at 100%

AND I was there when I was in my last 5% drive for 99 so I was already extra anxious. "OF COURSE YOU'RE IMMORTAL NOW, YOU TASTY .3% SNACK!" left my mouth once.
    PrytheZbaco
  • ThaisenThaisen Member Posts: 293 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    What’s wrong with quest mobs vs bashing mobs?
Sign In to Comment.