Pokemon GO

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Nice collection! Man, I haven't seen some of these names since the 90's. Feeling very nostalgic and hoping to get me a Machop tonight.

• edited July 2016
    No, Team Mystic also knows this. We just don't give a fuck because science.
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    So Valor does it cause we're evil? Cool.

Also... 

I choose you, Pikachu!

(And no, I wasn't actually driving. Had just pulled in for gas.)

• Server has been out all day for me :(
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Tahquil said:
    Server has been out all day for me :(

Same here :( holy mother of quoteboxes
    Huh. Neat.
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    yeah, I wasted an incense once I got home. :(
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Seth said:

Decided to go for a run/walk for my eggs and my 10k egg hatched into a nice Electabuzz!
    Also, randomly my house has a spawn gate or something. I live in the middle of nowhere and it's the only place I see anything for miles.
    What... Th e...

• How do you guys have the stardust or moondust or whatever it is, to get Pokemon to 1K+ CP?
    Elsam said:
    How do you guys have the stardust or moondust or whatever it is, to get Pokemon to 1K+ CP?
    The higher level your trainer is, the higher level stuff will pop up. Also, catching duplicates you can Transfer them in exchange for candy to boost/evolve with. Plus, you get the stardust just walking around.

• Same counts for hatching. As your level gets higher you start getting 5km and 10km eggs that hatch into stronger pokemon.

It is actually a waste to level pokemon at lower trainer levels. You spend all your stardust only to catch a stronger pokemon of the same type a short while later. Rather keep it to boost your fully evolved pokemon later in the game.

• edited July 2016
    Is this limited to logging in through using your Google info via iOS?  It didn't actually say Android users were affected, at least now how I read it. Thanks for sharing!
  • Ah finally, Nintendo can just read all the Pokemon Slash fiction themselves, rather than us having to send it to them.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/11/pokemon-go-on-ios-is-digging-deep-into-linked-google-accounts/

That article includes an update with a statement from Google as well as some extra info. In the end, it only affected iOS, not quite as deeply as people thought, and it'll be fixed up before long.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Taarkos said:
    Is this limited to logging in through using your Google info via iOS?  It didn't actually say Android users were affected, at least now how I read it. Thanks for sharing!
    It did not affect android users, just iOS users because of a glitch. You can still check anyways just to be sure.  I did, but I am fine. :)

• Arador said:
    Ah finally, Nintendo can just read all the Pokemon Slash fiction themselves, rather than us having to send it to them.
    I wish I hadn't googled "pokemon slash fiction" :(
  • Elsam said:
    Arador said:
    Ah finally, Nintendo can just read all the Pokemon Slash fiction themselves, rather than us having to send it to them.
    I wish I hadn't googled "pokemon slash fiction" :(
    I live to unsettle

edited July 2016
    So after a bit of research, I downloaded the Ingress app (free to play) game to get access to Intel's website. From there, there's an extension you can add (depending on your browser) to run a certain userscript that basically pinpoints Ingress' "portals" that are very very often used for Pokemon Go's pokestops andd gyms. So I searched around town and pinpointed a couple places with a lot of the portal points we're going to check out later - around the civic center, around city hall, and a Veteran's park that is a bit in-between both of the former two.

Unfortunately, all of those are way too far to actually walk to. There's two parks somewhat nearby - one with one stop and another with five-ish or so along the course of a street - that would probably be the only things within actual walking distance (assuming you're in good shape). Definitely feel like big cities got a lot more love here. My town isn't small by any measure, but everything is still so very spread out, to the point. For comparison, I checked out my hometown (much more rural and small than where I am now), and it nearly made me weep. Nothing in walking distance from where my mom lives, and I only saw 10 portal points or less within the whole of the actual town itself.

If you want to get a scope out your own areas, you can download 'Ingress' from your usual app store, and once you download/install that, just quickly make a character on there. Then you can log onto their actual website (on your phone or on your actual computer) to bring up their map. From there, you can download this to get the userscript set up to view portal points (make sure you follow their instructions based on your browser, you'll probably need an extension to read the userscript). You'll need to let the map load a bit as you go to see the points pop up. 

NOTE
    : The MapQuest tiles with that userscript is currently broken. You'll want to hover your mouse over a button on the top-right that looks like multiple sheet layers, and then click on the 'Google Roads' option instead. Should fix you up.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
    To be clear, by "intel's website", I mean Ingress' intel website, as in intelligence gathering kind of stuff, not the computer company!
  • Elsam said:
    How do you guys have the stardust or moondust or whatever it is, to get Pokemon to 1K+ CP?
    I have been able to catch 400+ cp eevees that I have evolved into 1000ish flareon/vaporeons then it takes really minimal startdust. Just evolve the big'uns!

Also if Niantic wants my gmail info they are going to be so disappointed with how much nothing they could get from me anyway. 

• Saeva said:
    Also if Niantic wants my gmail info they are going to be so disappointed with how much nothing they could get from me anyway. 
    Same. I use that gmail account for phone games only, anyway.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • SethSeth North Carolina
    I've just been catching lots of Pidgey's and Rattata's to evolve/candy. Endless leveling cycle. If you have a lucky egg, use it right when your eggs will hatch and evolving to get max xp from it.
  • Daeir said:
    Just a warning, if you signed up for PGO using your Google account, it has full access to your mail and your documents at the moment.

http://fortune.com/2016/07/11/pokemon-go-security/

If you didn't, you're fine.
    Okay so... I keep having to say this to people. Pokémon GO said the account creation process on iOS "erroneously requests full access permission for the user’s Google account. However, Pokémon GO only accesses basic Google profile information." There is literally nothing to worry about there.
    meh

• edited July 2016
    So I took over my first gym today. It was kind of a bummer experience because apparently the person who I bumped out was a six year old and he was heart broken. :(
    Elsam said:
    So I took over my first gym today. It was kind of a bummer experience because apparently the person who I bumped out was a six year old and he was heart broken. :(
    He knew what he was getting into when he took that gym.