Pokemon GO

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    What I've caught (and kept) so far:

Elsam said:
    I can't even get level 5 >.<
    Just catch everything that comes up and hit up as many Pokestops as you can for free items. You'll level up in no time. Pokestops also reset after 5 minutes. If you're in any area with a lot of hotels or churches those are almost always going to be Pokestops.

• smurf beet
  • Also keep walking. Walking earns you XP.
  • The hell did you get a 236 CP Vaporeon?!

I only wish I could find something that good.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• I have a 499cp Pinsir. He's guarding mah gym. Snippy Snippy.
    Sarathai said:
    The hell did you get a 236 CP Vaporeon?!

I only wish I could find something that good.
    Believe it or not, was a random encounter. Almost didn't believe it myself. Was a pain to catch.

• Would love it to be in my region..but dont see it happening any time soon. Philippines alone is apparently maybe happening in 17th july

• Just catch everything that comes up and hit up as many Pokestops as you can for free items. You'll level up in no time. Pokestops also reset after 5 minutes. If you're in any area with a lot of hotels or churches those are almost always going to be Pokestops.
    It's mostly due to there just not being much out where I live. I'm sure the next town trip I make will net me a lot of XP.
  • I live on a military base, which apparently outlaws pokemon. And by that, I mean that I can walk out of the gate, and there's three right there, but anywhere inside the perimeter and there's nothing. And most of my time is spent on base. :(
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Omor said:
    I live on a military base, which apparently outlaws pokemon. And by that, I mean that I can walk out of the gate, and there's three right there, but anywhere inside the perimeter and there's nothing. And most of my time is spent on base. :(
    That's probably intentional, so as not to tempt civilians to break in for pokemon catching.
  • Nicola said:
    Omor said:
    I live on a military base, which apparently outlaws pokemon. And by that, I mean that I can walk out of the gate, and there's three right there, but anywhere inside the perimeter and there's nothing. And most of my time is spent on base. :(
    That's probably intentional, so as not to tempt civilians to break in for pokemon catching.
    Yeah, said something like that to a friend of mine. Still shitty for us though!
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Dude, that's so bad. Our soldiers gotta suffer because civilians can't be responsible. What a way to be thankful.

• Omor said:
    Nicola said:
    Omor said:

@Omor There are both Pokemon and Pokestops at my base. Not sure why the discrepancy. In fact, one of the stops is oddly close to a secure building, within 150 yds. 
  • Taarkos said:

Omor said:
    Nicola said:
    Omor said:

@Omor There are both Pokemon and Pokestops at my base. Not sure why the discrepancy. In fact, one of the stops is oddly close to a secure building, within 150 yds. 

See, I've heard that, but you're probably on a bigger base, too. The Naples base is fairly small. And the closest Pokestop to where I live is about 15 miles away. :( But I live on one base and work on one about 25 miles away, and neither have pokemon on them as far as I've seen.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Mine so far. No fancy names yet

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    You have a voicemail...

Omor said:
    Taarkos said:

Omor said:
    Nicola said:
    Omor said:

See, I've heard that, but you're probably on a bigger base, too. The Naples base is fairly small. And the closest Pokestop to where I live is about 15 miles away. :( But I live on one base and work on one about 25 miles away, and neither have pokemon on them as far as I've seen.
    Since it's the same company that made Ingress, I'm hoping they will eventually let people submit locations for Pokestops and/or Gyms like they let people do in Ingress. That way you could just do something like take a picture of the Commissary and submit it as a potential location, pending review and approval.

We've gotten the kids into this as well, and are going to go around to the parks and stuff tomorrow to see what all we can catch. I really want a Growlithe!

Wish we could trade..

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Taarkos said:

• Szanthax said:
    Wish we could trade..
    That's supposedly coming in the future according to the developers

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Where the fuck is an abra and a vulpix? I need my favorite pokemon!!

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
    Walking ti the marina to see if I can find some water types... Got a 547 cp magmar imstead

Kenway said:
    Where the fuck is an abra and a vulpix? I need my favorite pokemon!!
    Had a friend that was chasing an Abra around her apartment complex last night. He's apparently pretty elusive, because she never got him. My brother's at the beach and says there's Pokestops and water Pokemon everywhere.

• I've caught like... 3 abra near me. :3 Got someone else a Cubone and couldn't get one myself - made me sad. Saw a vulpix, but couldn't hone in on where (it was late and in a neighborhood.)

meh

• Don't get out of the shower without getting dressed, lie down in bed and turn on this game. It gets awkward real fast when there's a weedle in your crotch.

• This answers all.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited July 2016
    Rant 1: Closest gym to my house:
    ETA: Holy mother of screenshot resolutions

Huh. Neat.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Rant 2: Wanted to incorporate this into my daily walks/jogs (1-2km, usually). Went out last night and ran into two other people, a guy and a gal. Guy seemed pretty cool and funny, was kinda cute, ended up walking alongside them (at his invitation). She was -not- happy that I joined them, and made it pretty clear, though he either didn't notice or didn't care. Ended up talking about exercise, was invited to join him next morning. Cut out soon after cause the chick was really pissy.

Skip to noon today. Apparently this motherfucker jogs 10km, twice a day. I declined to join him for his second one tonight. SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE I AM DYING.
    Huh. Neat.