Pokemon GO

Comments

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Ive yet to see a single person on Instinct(yellow)

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited July 2016
    Started today, caught six or so pokemon on our way to the movies (I was the passenger ofc), have been catching some random ones here and there.

Unfortunately I live in something of a suburb so there's not exactly a lot of pokestops or gyms directly around me - you have to drive into town (which isn't far, but too far to walk). Add in the July heat in Florida and I don't see using this a whole lot just yet. Might attempt a walk after the sun goes down.

Without nearby pokestops though, I'm not really gonna have easy access to free items and that really deters me playing majorly for the moment. I'll get what I can out of the free stuff and then just hit things as I can when I'm out.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Melodie said:
    Started today, caught six or so pokemon on our way to the movies (I was the passenger ofc), have been catching some random ones here and there.

Unfortunately I live in something of a suburb so there's not exactly a lot of pokestops or gyms directly around me - you have to drive into town (which isn't far, but too far to walk). Add in the July heat in Florida and I don't see using this a whole lot just yet. Might attempt a walk after the sun goes down.
    I live in Pensacola, and there are so many churches per square mile here that I swear it seems like every single one of them are a Pokestop and the bigger ones will be actual Gyms. I have a friend down in Leigh Acres outside of Fort Myers though that lives in one of those suburbs they dropped into the middle of nowhere, so they're at least 15 minutes away from everything.

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    wish my resolution was better :(

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Yeah, the suburbs get no love. Finally hit level 5 but have to find a gym to join a team, and have yet to even spot one, even on our drive to the movies. Guessing Port Saint Lucie is not too popular for pokemon, at least in this part of it. Maybe if you actually live around Saint Lucie West or over in Fort Pierce, it's better.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
    Melodie said:
    Yeah, the suburbs get no love. Finally hit level 5 but have to find a gym to join a team, and have yet to even spot one, even on our drive to the movies. Guessing Port Saint Lucie is not too popular for pokemon, at least in this part of it. Maybe if you actually live around Saint Lucie West or over in Fort Pierce, it's better.
    So glad I live in the city

Szanthax said:
    wish my resolution was better :(
    OMG GIVE ME A GROWLITHE YOU MONSTER

Teach me how :(

I want a Machop so badly....

Apparently san diego the coastal city is a bunch of FIRE lol. Actual got a fishy one that's strong with mudslap

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Szanthax said:
    Apparently san diego the coastal city is a bunch of FIRE lol. Actual got a fishy one that's strong with mudslap
    I'd expect it from san francisco but san diego? Weird.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I live in a super-rural area... like no pokemon at all for at least half the drive into the actual town. But since we tend to go to town every day or so, it's helped with catching them. Still a pain for the people in super rural areas though. I hope they fix that (since I don't wanna use incense to try to lure them and it not work at all.)
    meh

• All my pokestops are empty. It's ticking me off now. 
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    I was happily going from Pokestop to Pokestop downtown when the server kicked me off and I haven't been able to get back on. I know I walked far enough to hatch that egg but I doubt it was registered before I got kicked.

What has my life become??
    Lala said:
    All my pokestops are empty. It's ticking me off now. 
    They reset after five minutes.

Ahmet said:
    Szanthax said:
    I'd expect it from san francisco but san diego? Weird.
    Everything around here seems to be poison and water. Not complaining but they certainly did miss out on a good laugh.

So its weird.. .at first I thought I was getting a lot of bird types and i thought that was normal because there are a lot of birds in the area... then in balboa park I was like "oh ok its the zoo area so i'll get everything" and it was like... my first water types and i was like ... ok... for the most part zubats and stuff.. then i walked towards the water and i got my biggest combat thingy pokemon magmar or whatever and i was like wtf i got him right on the water... I was like ooooohkay. Also Charmeleon escape me a few steps before that guy... head back home get the zoo bats... 

I feel like you can catch everything in a city. I'm heading to the suburbs tomorrow so we'll see what happens out there. 

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Szanthax said:
    So its weird.. .at first I thought I was getting a lot of bird types and i thought that was normal because there are a lot of birds in the area... then in balboa park I was like "oh ok its the zoo area so i'll get everything" and it was like... my first water types and i was like ... ok... for the most part zubats and stuff.. then i walked towards the water and i got my biggest combat thingy pokemon magmar or whatever and i was like wtf i got him right on the water... I was like ooooohkay. Also Charmeleon escape me a few steps before that guy... head back home get the zoo bats... 

I feel like you can catch everything in a city. I'm heading to the suburbs tomorrow so we'll see what happens out there. 
    Trainer level also influences which pokemon you find.
    Huh. Neat.
    Ahmet said:
    Szanthax said:

Trainer level also influences which pokemon you find.
    I noticed that... as i started finding ridiculously high level things.

• As much as I am loving this game I'm getting really sick and fucking tired of re-entering my account and password and reconfiguring my settings. All. The. God. Damn. Time.
    edited July 2016
    *just clicks the google link to login*

this made me laugh captioned "

When You Claim the Only Gym in the Middle of Nowheresville, Minnesota"

Picked up two gyms on the way home, and reinforced another. Team Mystic runs heavy in this area. I'll probably have lost those gyms by the time I wake up.

• Saw a 1736cp execute. Wtf?
  • I've discovered rustling leaves or the 'Pokemon nearby' tab don't mean shit.
  •         

Tahquil said:
    Saw a 1736cp execute. Wtf?
    Uhhh....wow....

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    If you're in a major metropolis (or Disneyland), then stuff like this happens, and advancement goes real quick:

• edited July 2016
    God damn it people. That's a lot of RL cash spent there.

Also. WHY THE HELL IS IT THE BOYS THAT GET THE HEADBAND?
    edited July 2016
    Holy hell! What sucks is I was supposed to be going down to south Florida next month but won't be able to due to work. The gf and the kids will probably rack up nicely. Her sister and brother-in-law work at Disney World, so I think they're either going there or to Tampa Con.