Pokemon GO

Comments

• Pokevision.com

I can't go out and test if it's legit or not but it's very interesting.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    http://ispokemongodownornot.com/ is also proving fairly useful for those with compulsive needs to check things.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    And http://poke-match.com to find the one you can compulsively check things with together.
  •        

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    That's just depressing

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Skye said:
    That's just depressing
    Your signature of a cat drowning another cat isn't?

That's a picture of a mama cat giving her baby a bath. :(

Survival of the ... fittest. :)

• edited July 2016
    @Szanthax : That's Beatrix Potter you unwashed pleb.
    @Skye : The illustration is of Mrs Ribbly finding Moppet in a barrel of flour in ' The Tale of Samuel Whiskers.'

edit: I may have a rather deep connection to these books. I use to trace the illustrations with I was 5 and my mum would read them to me each night.
  • Tahquil said:
    Pokevision.com

I can't go out and test if it's legit or not but it's very interesting.
    Late to the show, but for the record, its absolutely legit, and while not entirely bug-proof, helps a ton and is pretty accurate. Being using it for a couple days now.

Comicon likes pokemon. DT right now...

• Are Pikachus rare?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Are Pikachus rare?
    I have caught four. You get a medal when you catch three! I still haven't seen a Charmander though, of the basic start up Pokemon.

• Saeva said:
    Are Pikachus rare?
    I have caught four. You get a medal when you catch three! I still haven't seen a Charmander though, of the basic start up Pokemon.
    Proof that it depends on where you live. I've "seen" (just the silhouette) a pikachu, never seen a Squirtle, and I've gotten a few Charmanders.

meh

Trilliana said:
    Saeva said:
    Are Pikachus rare?
    Proof that it depends on where you live. I've "seen" (just the silhouette) a pikachu, never seen a Squirtle, and I've gotten a few Charmanders.

I've gotten all of them, seen charmeleon and charades, got a few fhours the bulba, got a couple pikas, never seen a squirtle

I've seen a ton of Bulbasaurs, a couple Squirtle silhouettes (which I've not caught yet). Never seen a lick of Charmander or Pikachu though. :(
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Note to self: start saving Charmanders for when trading comes out. Save other starters if you can!
    meh

• This Charmander is MINE
    Hoping the NYC trip will be good to me and bless me with many pokemon I would have a lot of trouble obtaining otherwise.
  • SethSeth North Carolina
    edited July 2016

Gotta love Ralph
    Keneanung said:
    Just found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidWear/comments/4uioqj/finally_found_a_good_excuse_to_develop_something/

Seems to work pretty well, though I can't gauge battery drain yet.
    If you read the thread, it suggests logging into a throw-away google account to run the app, which I personally think is a good idea for various reasons.

Just note that if you do (I had to go digging to find this), make sure you log into Pokemon Go WITH that account and get up to the point of catching your starter pokemon and finish picking a nickname. Once you're through the "tutorial" bit, you should be a-okay to just leave it there and not need to log in again (at least in Pokemon Go). Since all pokemon spawn at the same time for all players, using a throw-away account for the Android app is no big deal at all.

Definitely going to be using this and PokeVision a good bit I think.
  • I was attending AAIC 2016 (Alzheimer's research conference) and I saw a few professor-types playing Pokémon GO.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • I was attending AAIC 2016 (Alzheimer's research conference) and I saw a few professor-types playing Pokémon GO.
    I bet they strictly used electric pokemon, didn't they?

:( it's now 30th July

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited July 2016
    lol those updates doe........
    [spoiler][/spoiler]
  • Niantic took what could have been the game of the decade (mobile or otherwise) and just...wrecked it. The came could have made hundreds of millions of dollars easily. But they neglected so many important features, don't understand balance, and don't understand how to communicate with their players.

Gonna go ahead and predict a 95% loss of players in 6 months unless they have an absolutely massive update soon.

• Cooper said:
    Niantic took what could have been the game of the decade (mobile or otherwise) and just...wrecked it. The came could have made hundreds of millions of dollars easily. But they neglected so many important features, don't understand balance, and don't understand how to communicate with their players.

Gonna go ahead and predict a 95% loss of players in 6 months unless they have an absolutely massive update soon.
    Go play INGRESS and make those claims. It's well thought out, challenging, balanced and has great communication with players. Thing is, they've had 3 years to tweak and perfect Ingress and only 3 weeks with Pokemon go.
  • Borran said:
    Everything you need to know about Pokemon Go: 
    Very enigmatic. 
  • I have read much bitching about teams and how people act and stealing of pokemon. Not quite figured out the steps thing before it was broken to ease server things.

I think they're doing rather well for not expecting this many people to be active and having only been... what? Three, four weeks?

I sent in a resume of the pr department though, that needs help.
    Torinn Chiragh, Herald of Fire says, "Good, darn it."
    Talamond Averial says, "You are the least charming siren ever."