Pokemon GO

Comments

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    How do you steal pokemon? 

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited August 2016
    I've heard of sniping gyms, but stealing pokemon sounds a bit vague.

Edit: That said, with the most recent update, a lot of people are complaining and since apparently Niantic isn't manning their support email address at all (gg), people are turning to Apple and Google for mass refunds. Seems like a bit of a mad house.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Their support email address just says something like "sorry this email isn't monitored", which is against Google Play and Apple's ToS.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Not Pokemon Go, but...

I NEED DRAGON EXEGGUTOR AND ICE NINETALES IN MY LIFE!!!

• Some of the meme's I've seen are like 'this kid caught a pokemon before  an adult could, and because of pokemon, they beat the kid.' As far as I can tell, that's not how any of this works, and that is bull phooey.

I have a friend who works for Apple, the amount of calls he gets has increased significantly for people trying to get iTunes refunds for their money spent.
    Torinn Chiragh, Herald of Fire says, "Good, darn it."
    Talamond Averial says, "You are the least charming siren ever."
  • edited August 2016
    People spent money on this game?

edit: I mean, I know there are idiots that spend money on games to make themselves better >.> ... But did people actually spend money for the app?
  • Yes. Very many people did. For the coins to get poke balls and lures.

I'm way to poor for that.
  • SethSeth North Carolina

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Seth said:

Huh. Neat.
  • Stealing Pokemon isn't a thing, as far as I'm aware. There's tons of joke/meme stories that were going around at release about there being Pokemon in someone's yard and the owner refused to let people go catch it so be could, etc.
  • edited August 2016
    Yay a Pokemon Go thread! Here's where I'm at! Anyone in the New Orleans area playing? (And yes I know it's sad that I have 138 of the pokemon caught and I don't have Butterfree). For me the images look really small so basically I'm level 32, top CP pokemon are 2x 3161 Dragonites, 2667 Exeggutor, 2622 Arcanine, 2540/2444/2226/2197/2180 Vaporeon, 2414/2383 Gyrados, 2184 Charizard, 2146 Machamp. Missing pokemon from pokedex are 012, 089, 110, 115, 122, 131, 132, 139, 144, 145, 146. Think that's Butterfree, Muk, Weezing, Lapras, Kangeskhan or however you spell it, Omanyte evolution, Ditto, Legendary birds, etc. What are you guys up to so far?
  • /r/humblebrag

• Cooper said:
    /r/humblebrag
    Can't brag about a level 32 in the USA. Most everyone who put some time into it is at least 25. Bunch in the Mystic group in New Orleans are 35+, but no 40's yet. I'm just excited about fellow Pokemon Go players! I'm hooked myself, but I'd love to hear if anyone has found any Lapras in the Louisiana area. I can't find one or hatch one to save my life, nor can I get 10k eggs...ever. Have had 3 so far and I've been playing since day 1.
    @Micaelis You should use PoGoProfiles. Very elegant display of trainers & their progress... like STAT STATS for PoGo!

Example
  • edited August 2016
    Krypton said:
    @Micaelis You should use PoGoProfiles. Very elegant display of trainers & their progress... like STAT STATS for PoGo!

Example
    That is super cool. Will do! Even shows the % IV rating. Awesome. I was manually naming mine with the % from calculators before, like Magikarp_88.
  • edited August 2016
    @Krypton You have over 633 km walked! That is insane haha. What's your secret? I'm only at like 70 km. I usually go to populated parks or tourist attractions and use lures. Also have way less eggs than you but I tend to drive more and don't have much use for eggs other than that damned Lapras.
    edited August 2016
    Micaelis said:
    Cooper said:
    /r/humblebrag
    Bunch in the Mystic group in New Orleans are 35+, but no 40's yet.
    40 is the current level cap, and it takes 5,000,000 XP from 39->40 (i.e., 10x the amount to get 31->32; 4x the amount to get 34->35). So far only bots have achieved the level cap.

ETA: Also, that's not my profile, lol. I just chose one to show the layout
  • Well thanks for the info. That is super useful. Seem to have only 1 100% IV pokemon and it's a Magikarp 35 CP :( 
  • ... Now I feel even worse as a rural player. I'm lvl 15, boyfriend/driver is 12... pff 32 being LOW T.T
    meh

I'm 21... Playing since day1... 88 caught. Highest is like 1700 vaporeon and 1600 arcanite

• I just hit level 5...

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I started on my gf's phone since my Galaxy S3 wouldn't install the game. Now she's super addicted (after never being a pokemon fan before) and I finally figured out how to get it manually installed on my phone, so I'm at level 5 too!
  • edited August 2016
    Trilliana said:
    ... Now I feel even worse as a rural player. I'm lvl 15, boyfriend/driver is 12... pff 32 being LOW T.T
    Isn't your fault. Rural players really get the shaft in a lot of ways. A lot of us are just entirely lucky based on locale. NYC, LA, New Orleans. Basically if your town has a NCIS show based on it then you're probably going to hit level 30 really fast :D. I'm hoping they increase the spawns of average pokemon in rural areas and increase the rarity of spawns in larger areas. Would create an incentive for rural people to play but also to take the occasional trip to their nearest area to catch that elusive Pokemon which, for me, is a stupid Lapras.

Unfortunately they've done the opposite. Scan rates for pokemon has gone from 5 to 10, so now you can barely even see a Pokemon by driving which, for a rural player, is garbage. 

Or, at the very least, come out with trades finally. I kept multiples of every important pokemon just for when trades come out so I have Farfetch'd's ready for all Achaeans so you won't have to travel to Asia! Or a Tauros for anyone in Europe :) Also willing to trade a 96% IV Dragonite for a Lapras <.<.
  • My boyfriend works at an industrial site that makes explosives, nitric acid and cyanide as well as other equally dangerous but less impressive sounding things. Right in the heart of it is a spawn point for Snorlaxes and Cubones.

Worst placement ever.
  • Snorlax and Cubone? Looks like I need to drive up and visit Tahquil/Tahquil's boyfriend!
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Snorlax, Cubone and Drowzee are supposed to populate in areas of high hotel/motel contents. Which is why Downtown Indianapolis seems  a bit high in the Drowzee.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Oh god, my current locale is surrounded by like, 5-6 gyms and more pokestops than I can count. And that's just what I can see, sitting here in the apartment (nothing quite close enough to click on though, alas).

What is this madness. NYC has it so good for PoGo it's not even funny.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • just wait til you see central park
    i mean... san diego has a lot too but.... every gym is guarded by lvl30 plus people its redonk

• Melodie said:
    Oh god, my current locale is surrounded by like, 5-6 gyms and more pokestops than I can count. And that's just what I can see, sitting here in the apartment (nothing quite close enough to click on though, alas).

What is this madness. NYC has it so good for PoGo it's not even funny.
    Check out Battery Park. Central Park is large but it doesn't really seem to have a large array of Pokemon in comparison to Battery Park. Lot of bug types and the like in Central park. There seems to be a lot of rare spawns in Battery Park, at least from what I read online about Pokemon nests in each state. Would be the first place I'd go if I was up there!