Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Player Pics

Comments

• AegothAegoth Member Posts: 2,733 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You are doing such an amazing job, Zack!!! Keep up the gaaaainz
    Zackery
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Member Posts: 329 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Do you mind some (constructive) criticism?
  • ZackeryZackery Member Posts: 145 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Not at all, I’d appreciate it! I know I’m starting to pull when I should still be pushing with my legs - what else can I fix?
    Also good job. Most people can't do 2x bw. Form was good as well. 
    ZackeryJethan
  • AegothAegoth Member Posts: 2,733 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Don't listen to this idiot. Always throw the bar down with as much rage as possible
    ZackeryUtianima
    Aegoth said:
    Don't listen to this idiot. Always throw the bar down with as much rage as possible
    I mean if you want to get red lights at competition take this advice.

Damn, really? I did so much research before buying those things, The Internet told me they were good for powerlifting, haha.

i’ve been meaning to get a pair of Converse specifically for deadlifting, but in the meantime, I’ll try just socks.

Thank you!
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 1,803 @ - Epic Achaean
    Aegoth said:
    Gotta scream roughly 5db per person at the gym in your field of vision while dropping the bar. This formula includes any reflections present

Zackery
    And then double that number if you’re lifting at a Planet Fitness.
    AegothDorielCaelan
  • RyzanRyzan Member Posts: 44 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Holy fuck at 122lb... The wilks on that bad boy...
    ArchaeonZackeryAnaidiana
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesMember Posts: 6,200 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Wouldn't socks on a surface like that be problematic? I'm assuming that's some sort of designated station.

• CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 1,803 @ - Epic Achaean
    Kresslack said:
    Wouldn't socks on a surface like that be problematic? I'm assuming that's some sort of designated station.
    Nah. Any slipping just makes him engage his core too.  Fall over? Better work on your balance too.

Zackery said:
    Damn, really? I did so much research before buying those things, The Internet told me they were good for powerlifting, haha.

i’ve been meaning to get a pair of Converse specifically for deadlifting, but in the meantime, I’ll try just socks.

Thank you!
    Yeah those are specifically for oly-style lifting (snatch, CJ, high-bar squat)
  • SophiSophi Member Posts: 41 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    That's a poor argument since the initial part of the clean is pretty much the same as the deadlift. Minus the grip obviously.
    There's a slew of differences in set up between the two (bar distance from shin, hip position, stance) that don't make them comparable. 
  • SophiSophi Member Posts: 41 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited July 3
    Nope. Literally the same from the ground until you initiate the shrug.

ETA adding any distance between bar and shin only increases the odds of you hurting your back and provides no leverage benefit.
  • TorrentTorrent Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Zackery said:
    Today was my last day of the Bridge (Barbell Medicine's intermediate program), so I wanted to get in on the lifting pic train.

Can't see the plates, but I'm pulling 275lbs x 1 @ RPE ~9. I'm a small dude (122lbs), so I'm pretty happy with it.

Pardon my exposed thigh :o (and the fact that I angled my phone completely wrong... and that my butt's coming up way too soon... gotta work on that)

My eyes!!! I will never see again!!!! Good job though!! Done those and they are tough! Keep at it!!
    ZackeryDorielTaryius
  • ExelethrilExelethril Member Posts: 3,352 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Carried by eye liner

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
    Archaeon
  • ErylEryl Member Posts: 19 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Carried by eye liner
    Dudes don't understand how tough good eyes are.

Sat here for thirty seconds mouth open convinced she didn't do the other eye (and that's why she's covering it).
    ZackerySylphieZenii
  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesMember Posts: 2,522 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I'm more shocked she has a tattoo now, parents must be so angry.
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 2,295 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tasuu said:

I am an animu character

(Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Taryius says, "Oops, thats not a foray. Thats two novices going at it in the wilderness."
    Torinn
  • ThundagaThundaga Member Posts: 22
    edited July 11
    Yeah good luck following after that one above jeez tasuu also your eyeliner's powerlevel must be over 9000

Here's my latest work; I call it, "No, this isn't my house." Friendly reminder :bleep_bloop: please do not interact with this post. Thanks.

CooperTasuuUtianima
  • EpiphanyEpiphany Colorado SpringsMember Posts: 69 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

This needed 6 more characters to post. Now we should be solid! :cookie:
    MishgulMorthifAustereUtianima
  • ZhedanZhedan Member Posts: 86 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Mexico City is the first stop on our month long journey through Central America. Me encanta aquì.
    SobriquetZackeryOgnogUtianima
Sign In to Comment.