Player Pics

Comments

• no wonder you have frostbite, no shoes, in water, in a tshirt with no coat on. tch. 

• It wasn't cold out, but it was in the mountains and the water was numbing. I've got extremely poor balance so I walked through the water instead of hopping rocks
  • edited September 2012
    @ Rinzai:

This is from January of this year. I was innocently driving home from work and was at a full stop at a traffic light. Enter big fat commercial box truck. Taking up residence in what used to be my trunk, as well as shoving me into the car in front (and them into the car in front, and them into the  car in front....it was not a happy day :(  )

• When I see Venice, with all the standing/slow moving water, all I can think is "mosquitoes." Haha. Nice pictures, though! And the mountain picture. I miss living where I can see mountains. (Though the ones I could see where nothing like that, haha.)

• Anaidiana said:
    @ Rinzai:

This is from January of this year. I was innocently driving home from work and was at a full stop at a traffic light. Enter big fat commercial box truck. Taking up residence in what used to be my trunk, as well as shoving me into the car in front (and them into the car in front, and them into the  car in front....it was not a happy day :(  )

Could probably buff that out.
  • Peak said:
    Could probably buff that out.
    uh.....that'd be a 'no'. E for effort though XD

• @Tania I think other things, but "mosquitoes" is definitely up there. And pish, I can have romance right here in Brooklyn next to our own standing water. 

• Adalie said:
    @Tania I think other things, but "mosquitoes" is definitely up there. And pish, I can have romance right here in Brooklyn next to our own standing water. 
    Ah, but Brooklyn has a slightly shorter history. ;)

Also, today I learned there is a place called Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump in Alberta.
  • To be fair, it really is an actual buffalo jump, where natives used to run the bison off the cliff and "harvest" them for meat, bones, hide, etc. Just sayin'. :P

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Jhaeli said:

To be fair, it really is an actual buffalo jump, where natives used to run the bison off the cliff and "harvest" them for meat, bones, hide, etc. Just sayin'. :P

Oh, I know. I just thought the name was hilarious.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    edited September 2012
    Alas, my image is not working. Was lots of snow on a mountain to match Rangor's. This is not my pic, but similar. image
  • Oceana said:
    Alas, my image is not working. Was lots of snow on a mountain to match Rangor's. This is not my pic, but similar. image
    Where did you get a picture of me?
  • Last night the boyfriend and I went out to dinner for my birthday (which is technically Monday, but Mondays suck). We went to this adorable place on a rooftop in downtown LA - you can see the skyline behind us in the picture, it was super cool. 

Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Happy Birthday Cinya!  Is that Perch?
  • edited September 2012
    Achilles said:
    Happy Birthday Cinya!  Is that Perch?
    Thank you, and yes! Someone at work recommended it, and it was AWESOME, if a bit hipster for my usual taste. The view was incredible, of course.

Speaking of which, we should have another LA get-together in a week or two when work cools down. I've heard amazing things about Father's Office, but the boyfriend doesn't want to go with me. :(
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Sounds good, the Culver City location is much bigger than the one in SM.  You can also see some C-list celebs like Zach Morris Mark-Paul Gosselaar
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    These seem obnoxiously huge, so sorry about that.

Outside burning things and drinking rum:

And....Fire:

First thing I thought of when I saw this was an efreeti:

Then I immediately thought of Gabriel Iglasias' bit about the Crocodile Hunter, "I'm gonna poke him with a stick. Oh, he's aaangry!"

• edited September 2012
    Bavarian Beir cafewhere I brought a stien of Stiegal. Which had everyone in tears at how ridiculous it looked and that I had to lift it with both hands. Many Lord of the Rings jokes were had.

@Tahquil: Looks like an Alice in Wonderland moment in the last one. How tall are you? O.o

• 5' 5" - 5' 7"?  Between 165-170cm.
  • omg. You are adorable, @tahquil  and you don't look that tall at all, you look so petite!

• Tahquil you look about 3' tall in that last pic. :|

(Still would tho.)

• What the gay said.

I think I'm gonna just Bonko it up, stalk Silas on forums. But instead of disagreeing, just post the above.
  • Silly Tagg. Silas isn't a goat.
  • @Tahquil: Priceless. That stein is pretty amazing. 

I like the idea of liking beer, but it just never happened for me. I can't drink the stuff. Even when I went to Germany, I just drank wine the whole time. 
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    Cinya said:
    @Tahquil: Priceless. That stein is pretty amazing. 

I like the idea of liking beer, but it just never happened for me. I can't drink the stuff. Even when I went to Germany, I just drank wine the whole time. 

Not even something a little lighter, such as Blue Moon compared to Guinness? Guinness is a bit of an acquired taste to be honest.

• edited September 2012
    @Kresslack: I haven't paid close enough attention to beers to know which ones I find the best, but I know that there are some I dislike less than others (and yes, Guiness being quite low on my list). I like some of the sweeter ciders, but that's about it as far as beer goes. Eventually I gave up and decided that forcing myself to like a specific type of drink was kind of silly, and went back to my white wine, cranberry vodkas, and peach champagne cocktails (when out with @Achilles, at least). 
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
  • RuthRuth Singapore

Went shopping today. Found my pirate hat. Woot! Beware! The Lady of Shipwreck is back to terrorize ships!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"